It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zarzuela said:
Perhaps because he was nervous and because it is just the way he is. I think it's totally wrong to judge whether or not he is happy just by his gestures. Come on, he's just become a father and you're saying that he doesn't look happy!

i saw that press conference on the internet...and the resolution isn't that good ...that's why i said cuz i can bearly see any of his emotions (like smiles and laughs and stuff)

i guess we'll be able to see the little princess in like a week...do u think we'll see her again maybe during christmas for family gathering and stuff b4 the baptism?

Felipe say to the press Sorry But he is now a little emotional.When he was talking his voice was Trilling ( Le tembalaba la voz)And Letizia before off the section was trying to gave birth in natural way, but because it didn't work they rush for a cesareo.So Felipe was the whole time pendiente off his wife.I think he's worry for his wife.He was very nervous.It's lovely to hear him say that he even not saw when they took the baby because he was pendiente off his wife and then he ask What is it.Felipe is very happy.I want to see letizia with her baby.

#1-8:Spanish Crown Prince Felipe smiles during a brief public appearance at a private clinic in Madrid October 31, 2005. The future Queen of Spain, Princess Letizia, gave birth to her first child, a girl, on Monday, the Royal Palace said. The baby is second in line to the Spanish throne after her father, Felipe, and is the seventh grandchild of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia. REUTERS/Sergio Perez
#9-10: AP

Attachments

• r2199990208.jpg
    r2199990208.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 329
  • r2429691896.jpg
    r2429691896.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 322
  • r2554484072.jpg
    r2554484072.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 318
  • r2664459211.jpg
    r2664459211.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 325
  • r2999961616.jpg
    r2999961616.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 364
  • r3164401777.jpg
    r3164401777.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 332
  • r4217657107.jpg
    r4217657107.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 314
  • r1760029270.jpg
    r1760029270.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 339
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 328
  • ap.jpg
    ap.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
how come there are pics of Felipe smiling and laughing from the press conference that i don't see on the web tv?!!!! i'm MAD!!!!i guess i needa upgrade my pc.....

lapopdiva said:
Felipe say to the press Sorry But he is now a little emotional.When he was talking his voice was Trilling ( Le tembalaba la voz)And Letizia before off the section was trying to gave birth in natural way, but because it didn't work they rush for a cesareo.So Felipe was the whole time pendiente off his wife.I think he's worry for his wife.He was very nervous.It's lovely to hear him say that he even not saw when they took the baby because he was pendiente off his wife and then he ask What is it.Felipe is very happy.I want to see letizia with her baby.
He must lived realy a huge mix of emotions, all the tension because the c-section, the worry for Letizia, the happiness for his 1st child, a baby girl. A long and stressful night for the Prince. But in the end, all went well. And he looked realy happy and a emotioned father :)

From Getty Images:

Attachments

• 56035530.jpg
    56035530.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 56035538.jpg
    56035538.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 56035537.jpg
    56035537.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 199
Felipe looks happy and relieved! He has probably had a long, long night! Hopefully now he can go sleep with his two lovely girls!

I didn't sleep to whole night, now i can start with my son that has to go to school.Then i think i will go and sit again in front off the TV because the spaninsh tv will go on and on the whole month :D :D

zeap said:
Hopefully they'll have a little prince next go around...

i'm looking forward to the second child of the prince and princess of asturias....but i think it's kinda a bit early to say that.....

how long do u think they'll announce the second pregnancy of the princess? i think ...probably 1-1.5 years?

Congratulations to the Crown Prince and Crown Princess on the birth of their little princess and, I hope, future queen. I didn't think that the birth was going to happen so soon when I read earlier that Letizia was going to the hospital. But I see that it was a Caesarean so I guess it was an emergency then. I hope the mother is doing okay.

Congratulations. You go to bed and all this happens. ;)

I like the name Leonor, and the meaning behind it. Is it a popular name in Spain already? (I assume it will be...)

Bella Lumina said:
I totally agree ... history has shown that women certainly can rule as well as men!

Not as well. Even better. They've managed to cause less wars and mayhem in the process. :)

Bella Lumina said:
And those are just the kind of men we'd all love to see the crown princesses marry eventually, I'm sure!

ha ha ha. Very true.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/10/31/spain.royal.birth.reut/index.html

Spanish royal birth opens constitutional debate

MADRID, Spain (Reuters) -- Spain's future queen, Princess Letizia, gave birth on Monday to her first child, a girl, lending urgency to a debate on changing the constitution to give women the same right as men to inherit the throne.

The baby, named Leonor, is second in line to the Spanish throne after her father, Crown Prince Felipe of Borbon.

She was born at 1:46 A.M. (0046 GMT) by Caesarean, doctors at Madrid's Ruber International clinic said. Although born three weeks early, the baby and her mother were said to be in good health.

"This is the nicest thing that can happen to anyone in life ... The princess and I are absolutely happy and radiant," Prince Felipe told a packed news conference at the hospital.

A crowd of photographers, television crews and well-wishers waited outside the clinic for hours under pouring rain after Letizia was admitted on Sunday evening.

The birth comes 17 months after the glittering wedding of Felipe, now 37, and Letizia, a glamorous former television news reader now aged 33. Leonor is the seventh grandchild of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.
(...)

Last edited:
http://www.efe.es/principal.asp

Madrid, 31 oct (EFE) .-The Infanta Leonor, first-born of the Princes of Asturias was born today in Madrid in a childbirth with Caesarean, which there attended Don Felipe, who defined the moment as " the nicer thing that can to him happen in the life "
The small one weighed 3,540 kilograms and measured 47 centimeters. The princess of Asturias and her daughter are in " perfect condition ", made clear her gynaecologist, Luis Ignacio Recasens, in her appearance before the mass media about six o'clock in the morning.
Don Felipe added that he accompanied the Princess Letizia in the illumination and that this one remained conscious at all time and received hisexplanations of what was happening.
" We are happy and radiant, the moment to see to be born to your son is slightly exceptional " Don Felipe said, though he admitted that since he was so dependent on the condition of the Princess, initially it was not fixed in the sex of the baby.
The first-born one of the Princes of Asturias will occupy the second place in the line of succession of the Wreath of Spain, behind his father, Don Philip who said that the birth of the Infanta Leonor " materializes in an evident way the succession " of the parliamentary Monarchy and " it is a very significant fact from the political and constitutional point of view " The advertisement of the birth was communicated by Zarzuela spent the 02.30 by means of a telephonic message that distributed the journalists credited before the House of the King with a text who was saying: " The Princess of Asturias has just given birth a girl ".
Leonor is the first Infanta who is born in Spain with a reigning monarchy from 1914, year in which there came to the world don Gonzalo, small son of Alfonso XIII.
Nothing any more the news to be known, the prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, who was informed by the Prince Felipe, called personally the King " to express his more intimate congratulation to him " for the birth of the daughter of the Princes of Asturias.
Also he congratulated the Kings and the Princes the president of the PP, Mariano Rajoy, who transmitted in his name and in that of his party " respectful and sincere " letter of congratulation for the new Infanta, who supposes " a motive of happiness for all the Spanish ".
The PSOE moved also " his more sincere letter of congratulation to His Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias " for being " today it is a day of happiness for all the democrats ".
(...)
The new Infanta will have prevalencia on any future brother only if there is carried out the reform of the article 57 of the Constitution, raised by the Government to guarantee the equality of sexes.
The first-born daughter of the Princes of Asturias and the seventh granddaughter of the Kings, who will be registered in the next hours in the Civil Record of the Royal Family, will be the Princess XXXVI of Asturias and the sixth woman heiress of the Spanish Monarchy, when his father is proclaimed A King.
Till then it will show the Infanta's title with treatment of Royal Highness, as the rest of brothers or sisters that she could have.
This new member of the Spanish Royal Family displeases in the line of succession her aunts and cousins, the infantas Elenas, and her children, Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica, and Cristina and theirs, Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás, Miguel and Irene.

The new Infanta of Spain and Royal Highness will be baptized, since he it was his father, with water of the river Jordan and in the historical battery of Guzmán's Santo Domingo, possibly after Christmas.
When the born Infanta today turns into the Princess XXXVI of Asturias, the day in that her father accedes to the Throne, she will receive also the titles Princess's of Viana and Gerona, Duchess of Mont Blanc, Countess of Cervera and Lady of Balaguer, linked to her heiress's condition of the Wreath.

Congratulation for the little family!!!:) :) :) :)
Welcome to the baby Leonor!!!!:) :) :)
I love the name!!!:) :)

From Elmundo:

Attachments

• 6d3ad8cadbf57c86fcc30c227fe485a4_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    6d3ad8cadbf57c86fcc30c227fe485a4_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 247
  • c6aeb107da9e500d1cb1272fa9a11ae0_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    c6aeb107da9e500d1cb1272fa9a11ae0_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 275
  • c8e1ca8c20015b186caff6a1a77fd9c0_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    c8e1ca8c20015b186caff6a1a77fd9c0_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 236
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! TO FELIPE AND LETIZIA..
:) :) :) :) :) :cool:

great news! i was really expecting a boy, after all the press talking about it. however, it's great we found out! the baby's name is lovely. really cute and regal.
congratulations to the couple!!

Last edited:
paloma rocasolano arriving to the clinic.

Attachments

• ba1f15fcb9a76997bfba0c652ad011dd_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    ba1f15fcb9a76997bfba0c652ad011dd_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 277
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom