It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bigheadshirmp said:
he doesn't seem to smile that much during the press conference tooo...doesn't look like a happy dad to me

He probably hasn't slept at all. He also might be in shock. The shock of the labor starting then the c-section & then the birth followed by a few hours later having to meet the press & having to answer questions.

Last edited:
lucys said:
It was so cute when he called his daughter "little Leonor".

He did look very tired, and shy, poor fellow.

i also think that he's a little worry for his wife.He was very nervous.

The prince looked tired and nervous...and I think he was so emotional...I loved the way he talked about the birth.

Doesn't look happy? He has just seen the birth of his daughter. He is overwhelmed....worried that his wife is okay after surgery/c section and wanting everything to go smoothly.

I absolutely love the fact that the Spanish royal family comes and speaks to the press after their births. Felipe is extremely articulate and professional. It beats the mumbo jumbo that came out of Fred after the birth of prince who knows what in Denmark.

Spain should be proud. A new Infanta with a strong historical name. Hopefully she will look like Letizia and not a bourbon!

lula said:
To the Prince Felipe much does not like to speak on his private life and his feelings with the press
That's one of my favorite things about him--he doesn't turn his feelings into a public show.

bigheadshirmp said:
so the princess was conscious when they cut open her tummy to get the baby out?!!! does that hurt a lot?
I think they gave her something for the pain before.

They use a local anesthesia so that the mother can be awake and aware of what is going on around her. the mother then is conscious the whole time and the father can hold the baby and cut the umbilical cord as well. C-sections require a lot more recovery time than a regular birth.
Lina 85

bigheadshirmp said:
so the princess was conscious when they cut open her tummy to get the baby out?!!! does that hurt a lot?
The wonders of anestysia, you can be conscient and without any pain ;)

Lady Jennifer said:
Thats what the drugs are for. You don't feel it.....she'll probably feel it later on....the discomfort b/c it is surgery.

ok...so the mother is conscious during the whole operation..but she doesn't feel anything about her tummy?

(i've never been pregnant b4...so...i have no idea abt these kinda stuff ahha):D

they do local anesthesia for c-section which numbs the tummy area, you're still consicous but you won't feel a thing when they cut your tummy.

Last edited:
Whats a fantastic news! Princess Mary of Ednmark just given birth and now we are welcoming a new little Princess born.So wonderful!Congratulations much to the couple!

haha...coooool.........thankz ppl for letting me know this...seems like a bio class 4 me today...haha

lalaland said:
they do local anesthesia for c-section which numbs the tummy area, you're still consicous but you won't feel a thing when they cut your tummy.

Anesthesia is a drug. Your out of it, but you know whats going on. I had an anesthesia when I dislocated my knee....I remember what happened when they popped my knee back into place but I don't remember the pain. And the discomfort is from the surgery...it'll be painful because she is recovering from being cut open.

Last edited:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
Whats a fantastic news! Princess Mary of Ednmark just given birth and now we are welcoming a new little Princess born.So wonderful!Congratulations much to the couple!

and...in just a month time...it's Crown Princess Mette-Marit's turn..another royal baby coming!:D

and after that...it's the TWINS of Princess Claire of Belgium!!!!1!!

Some info on C-Section

C-Section

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

(Redirected from C-Section)
Jump to: navigation, search
A caesarean section (cesarean section AE), or C-section, is a form of childbirth in which a surgical incision is made through a mother's abdomen (laparotomy) and uterus (hysterotomy) to deliver one or more babies. It is usually performed when a vaginal delivery would lead to medical complications......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-Section

Were have I been!!!!!! I didn't even know it was born until just now!!! I am so excited! I can't remember what I voted on before..I have to go back and try to find what I guessed!

I think it was sad to say that Felipe didn't look like a happy new dad, and I also think it's unfair to say that Frederik of Denmark was just babbling during the press conference after the birth of Prince Christian(?).
Point A. Felipe was really tired. He had no sleep and he was anxious for his wife and baby like any new dad. It's a very stressful time for new dads too!
Point B. Frederik and Felipe are different people. Frederik was unable to contain his joy, but he also had a bit more time to prepare himself. Felipe was up all night and he had a conference at the crack of dawn.
Point C. How can we be critical of Felipe saying that he didn't look very excited, and then at the same time say that Frederik was just too joyful up there? It makes no sense really.

I think we should just give him time to adjust (and SLEEP) and then we'll see a very excited Felipe (a la Frederik maybe;)).

My congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses and the Royal Family.

I wish the little Infanta the best of health and a very happy & fulfilling life.

Gratulations to the people of Spain.

"MII"

I myself was a caesarean section (emergency) so I definitly left my mark on my dear Mother ;)

:D :D Also the congratulations from Holland and hopefully Infanta Leonor will grow up as a great Future queen. ( I hope that it is posibble , She becomming a queen !):p :p :p

a lot women these days choose to have C sections. From what i've heard its actually not so bad and depending on the individual, the mother can be up and about in a matter of days. Still, a week or so of bed rest sounds better to me than hours of painful labour pains.
I hope Letizia's recovery will be swift.

I wonder what her middle names will be? Do they normally announce them at the Baptism?

Lady Jennifer said:
I wonder what her middle names will be? Do they normally announce them at the Baptism?
I belive so :)

bigheadshirmp said:
he doesn't seem to smile that much during the press conference tooo...doesn't look like a happy dad to me

Perhaps because he was nervous and because it is just the way he is. I think it's totally wrong to judge whether or not he is happy just by his gestures. Come on, he's just become a father and you're saying that he doesn't look happy!

xicamaluca said:
I belive so :)

It will be interesting to see if they pick family names or unique names or historic names.

Okay...in that picture posted above...is he pulling a Frederik with his hands spread apart like that and talking about "it was this big!!!!" :)

Give the poor man some credit...he looks exhausted in the second picture...of course imagine how Letizia must feel. Hopefully she is sleeping now..

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to all of them!!! Really great news this morning!!! :)

From Hola:

1. CP during the press conference

2. CP Felipe speaking with the press, on back, Dr. Luis Ignacio Recasens.

3. CP Felipe posing with the medical team that assisted the birth

Attachments

• principe-habla-1a.jpg
    principe-habla-1a.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 316
  • principe-habla-2a.jpg
    principe-habla-2a.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 184
  • principe-habla-3a.jpg
    principe-habla-3a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited by a moderator:
xicamaluca said:
From Hola:
CP Felipe speaking with the press, on back, Dr. Luis Ignacio Recasens.
CP Felipe posing with the medical team that assisted the birth

Felipe looks so professional. I would've thought he'd be in a t-shirt & jeans. He does look happy (& tired of course :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom