It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The press is waiting for Felipe and Dr. at the tent right now...any minute!

TVE is already showing images from the place where the press conference will take place.

Congratulations to the Felipe and Letizia:)
The baby's name is unusual but I like it. It has a romantic feel to it.

Beautiful name...I am watching RTVE live now...thank God it is still early in the states we can watch it live!!

Poor (and lucky ;) baby Christian?? All those future Queens to choose from.....give or take 30-40-50 years or so.....all those women on the thrones of Europe....I LOVE IT!!

Yup I'd love to see women rule the world. I think that it's also time for the US to have our first woman president in Hillary Clinton.

I think we should concentrate on the new Infanta for now....;)

Otherwise I may become ill and I MAY HAVE to move to another country.....

Last edited:
Felipe realy doesn´t want to be apart from baby Leonor :rolleyes: She'll have her daddy on her back all the time :p

What is other names (not middle names) Is she called Infanta Leonor Ortiz Bourbon or is it something else ?

(P.S. planetcher do not miss Grey's Anatomy ;) )

Oppie said:
What is other names (not middle names) Is she called Infanta Leonor Ortiz Bourbon or is it something else ?

(P.S. planetcher do not miss Grey's Anatomy ;) )
In Spain, the mother´s name is used in the end, but the child uses the father´s name. Sow, will be something like this:

Infanta Doña Leonor (probably some middly names) de Todos dos Santos (is tradition in Spain) de Borbón - Ortiz

i found very interesting the documentary about the couple that TVE just showed minutes ago :) the prince and princess seems to be so in love and they care about each other :eek:

i'm BACK!!! haha....so...it's Infanta Leonor...........hhmm....any ideas on that name? never heard of it b4

TVE is trying sooo hard to fill up the time until the happy father appears. It's funny.

Are they saying why the press conference is delayed?

The host is pronouncing the name Leo-nor. The "nor" is pronounced like "door"
(not Noor where both o's are pronounced as in shoot or boot)

Yeah :p They don't what to do anymore... Felipe is giving them a hard time :rolleyes:

Emily said:
Are they saying why the press conference is delayed?
I have a feeling Felipe doesn't want to leave his baby girl! :)

it's been half and hr pass 5am madrid time.......me wants to see felipe~!!! (i hope he comes out suprising us by bringing the little Infanta Leonor with him~!!!!!!)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
The host is pronouncing the name Leo-nor. The "nor" is pronounced like "door"
(not Noor where both o's are pronounced as in shoot or boot)

Yes- I just called a Spanish friend who said the pronunciation would be something like [ lee-on-ORE ] with a slight emphasis on the last syllable. That's how the media seems to be pronouncing it as well... we'll just have to listen to what Felipe says!

Eliza

So her name is just Leonor? Do you think they're going to give her multiple names before Todos los Santos?

bigheadshirmp said:
anyone know how tall the new infanta is and what's her weight at birth?
That will probably know when Felipe decides to leave her little girl for a moment and go speak to the press :p

I love the meaning of the name Leonor/Is Griego an it means: God
Is My Light

xicamaluca said:
That will probably know when Felipe decides to leave her little girl for a moment and go speak to the press :p

i wonder if Felipe would do that hand measurement like Frederick did.....if u know what i'm talkign abt

The information that are absent on the girl the father is in the habit of giving ... but it seems that it finds it hard to the Prince to separate of his girls.

5.40 ... and I want to sleep.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

go sleep lula! haha....or..skip class/work tomolo since everyone in Spain would be so crazy about this baby news tomolo morning when they wake up!

Congrats to the royal couple. Hope mother and baby are doing well. Interesting name. Not too fond of it though.

fanletizia said:
where is the Prince?? :(

Maybe he is calling family or taking pictures of his daughter. Or maybe he is changing her diaper :D. Doing one of the many firsts for him & his daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom