It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonlightrhapsody said:
Neither was I. I was thinking more like Isabella or Catarina

So was I. I really thought that it might be Isabella for some reason. :rolleyes:

But, Leonor is a beautiful name and definitely different. The little research that I have done shows that it was a very popular name in the early to mid 1900's. I am guessing that it will most likely become popular again at least in some places, as Diana did in the eighties and early nineties.

Sus Altezas Reales los Príncipes de Asturias tienen la gran satisfacción de anunciar que hoy ha nacido en Madrid su primera hija.

La recién nacida recibirá el nombre de Leonor, y le corresponde la dignidad de Infanta de España.

Sus Majestades los Reyes desean con este motivo expresar su gran alegría ante este feliz acontecimiento.

Palacio de La Zarzuela, 31 de octubre de 2005

I am very surprised by the name, it is very original, I hope that the Prince explains because they have chosen it.

They have broken all the bets, she has been a girl and they have chosen a name about which nobody had thought.

Wow, add me to the list of people who were not expecting that name. Leonor is definetly a strong name, very appropiated for a future queen;).

Last edited:
Congradulations to them both! A little girl, how wonderful! :)

So many future Queens of Europe!!! What a very interesting time in history, but for now, just a tiny little baby bringing happiness just as babies do. :p

Leonor, I know a person with that name! :p It's lovely.

It's the Spanish form of the Greek name Eleanor which means light which is such a nice meaning.

I wonder how people in Spain will celebrate?

An historical SMS

An historical SMS - Infanta Leonor as just born!!!

1130729328_extras_albumes_1.jpg

lula said:
I am very surprised by the name, it is very original, I hope that the Prince explains because they have chosen it.

They have broken all the bets, she has been a girl and they have chosen a name about which nobody had thought.

I don't know if what it was only chosen by meaning, but my friend the history buff tells me that there were a few Queens of Portugal named Leonor and that there were several Leonor's of Castile. I didn't know that.

A beautiful, old name! Beautiful! I can't wait to hear Felipe speak.

All the other young future queens of Europe (Ingrid, Amalia, Elisabeth) all have names that start with vowells, and mothers with names beginning with "M".... I think it's nice that young Leonor's name is distinctly different, and that she shares her first initial with her mother.

I wanted to clarify my last statement about Leonor having her own name- I understand that Leonor is a royal name, historically speaking. There was a lot of speculation that this baby would be named after her grandmother or aunts- someone within the current extended royal family. I just think it's nice that she was named something not currently shared by another family member.

Eliza

is there a link where we could possibly hear the Prince speak?
thanks,
Linda 85

Great News! Have they said how long she was in labor for? Or when did she enter the hospital?

Lady Jennifer said:
Great News! Have they said how long she was in labor for? Or when did she enter the hospital?
She was admitted about 20:00 CET

Thank you xica!! i really appreciate it. This will be wonderful to see the Prince LIVE!!!
Linda 85

You're welcome :)

TVE as just confirmed that CP Felipe and the doctors will speak to the press at 05:00. The press conference will take place at the press room of Ruber (the same place where happened the press conferences after the birth of Infanta Elena´s chldren) and due to the space and the great number of journalists present, only one by each news agency will be present.

Leonor...hmm, it's not my favorite. I will have to get used to it.

In Spanish, it's pronounced like:
Leonor (the "e" pronounced as the "e" in "ten") L-e-oh (the first "o" as in the first "o" in "ozone"), and then nor as in Queen Noor: Leonor! :) And don't forget to roll your tongue for the "r."

It's already 05:00 :p I just want to see the happy dad face!!

Mathilde1286 said:
Leonor...hmm, it's not my favorite. I will have to get used to it.

In Spanish, it's pronounced like:
Leonor (the "e" pronounced as the "e" in "ten") L-e-oh (the first "o" as in the first "o" in "ozone"), and then nor as in Queen Noor: Leonor! :) And don't forget to roll your tongue for the "r."

You mean its kinda pronounced like Leo (as in Leo DiCaprio) then Noor. LeoNoor (I know its not spelled like that but thats how you say it)?

No, I think it's more like - L-eh-o-noor with a rolling "r".

It's odd but I like it. It's funny that she was born on Halloween there was a ghost poem I heard and in it is someone named Leonora.

Layla1971 said:
No, I think it's more like - L-eh-o-noor with a rolling "r".

Ahhh thanks. I'll have to hear it to be able to attempt to pronounce it :D :p

He better hurry up. I have to watch Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.

I said in a post above that the press room would take place in a press room, but i belive that is a kind of a tend. Sorry for the mistake :)

Hurry up Felipe!~! They are doing some great stalling techniques on the link at TVE. Giving a lot of information about the succession and how she will be registered.
Linda 85

Congrats to the parents! What a beautiful name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom