It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna_R said:
You're welcome. I myself being outside Spain know how that feels about not having the exact time. I believe I'll be able to see it live from home, since it'll be 7 a.m. in Brazil and I don't have to leave for work until 8. Fingers crossed for the punctuality;)
What the spokesman said that they would leave after 10:00, but didn´t said the exact hour. Maybe this weekend they say it :) And hopefly is realy at 10:00 ;)

Monday i don't have classes, so i'll stay glued to the online live until i see Leonor :p

NOOO....i will be sleeping during that time!!! it'll be 1:00am my time i think...sad!!! but....first thing i do when i wake up is see little leonor!

Roxsteve said:
I tried this and nothing really happened. What is it supposed to do?

On the menu that appears on the left you have to choose who Leonor will take after.

Face
Eyes
Nose
Lips

The options are the Queen's, the King's, Felipe's, Letizia's, Letizia's mother's and Letizia's father's.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051105/51196910952.html

The princess Letizia and the infanta Leonor will go out on Monday of the clinic
MARIÁNGEL ALCÁZAR - 05/11/2005 MADRID

.-The princess Letizia and the infanta Leonor will leave the clinic Ruber next Monday morning, moment in which the face of the girl will be able to be known. The official presentation will take place in the middle of week in the Zazuela in a photographic session in that the Kings will be present.

Though at first it was foreseen that the mother and the newborn child were leaving the medical center this weekend, so much the gynaecologist who attended in the childbirth to dona Letizia as the neonatólogo that has monitored the evolution of the girl in her first days of life, they have preferred supporting them in observation a few days more. Since it is normal in other newborn children, the infanta Leonor lost something of weight the first days, but she has finished for recovering it after her mother could give her the breast.

Yesterday same, the King, who was in To Coruña in an official act, reported to his speakers the good condition of the princess of Asturias and of the newborn child, as he made clear later, Paco Vázquez, mayor of the Galician capital, who also realized of the joy expressed by don Juan Carlos in relation with the birth of his granddaughter who is also the second one in the successor order to the Wreath.
The infanta Leonor came to the world to the 1.46 of the dawn of last Monday, after her mother, the princess Letizia, was submitted to an operation of Caesarean that did not re-dress problems but of the one that has been difficult to her to recover slightly any more of the initially foreseen.

In order not to fatigue the mother, the official presentation of the girl will not take place even passed a few days from her exit, but conscious of the interest of the public opinion, the princes of Asturias will surrender on Monday morning to a brief photographic session on the verge of the clinic.

It seems that we will have two opportunities to see Leonor. Not when it will be the official photo in the Zarzuela, Monday is impossible because the Kings take several acts as the morning and in the evening and an official luncheon .... I do not believe that it is because mother and daughter rest, because as soon as possible they finish with the photos before they will rest, I imagine that they have to arrange all the occupations of some and other grandparents to be able to do the photos.

From terra:

The grandmothers leaving the clinic last night

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 229
lapopdiva said:
One cuestion, are you going to open an new treat monday especialy for Leonor when she live the hospital? or We have to post the pictures here?
Next Monday, we'll open a new thread for the presentation, as this one is already too long.

I can tell you... I just saw in the videotext of a German TV station that Letizia is already at home with Leonor. I thought that can't be possible as I read here they'll leave on monday. But no, I was so excited that I turned on the computer and what's happened? Nothing! Just a lie... :rolleyes:
On monday I also won't be at home but at least we will see them then ;)
BTW, thanks for all the information and pictures!

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/314242.html

I post this article from mexico for entertainment purposes. The article summarizes what is apparently a very complete analysis of little Leonor's astrological charts--including analsysis of her chinese, celtic, and arab charts--by the spanish weekly magazine Tiempo.

To summarize: she will have a great sense of justice, be a great diplomat, very comprehensive and compassionate; she will be a great individualist who, paradoxically, does her best work in a team; she will not always appear at ease in public and will have, when contradicted, a bad temper; but she will be honest and prudent, as well as imaginative; she will physically be of unusual and uncommon beauty, with particulalry beautiful and expressive eyes; she should make all important decisions in the spring time, and none in the months of november and december.

How's that for a complete analysis!

And more family visits:

Nacimiento.- La Reina Sofía visita por sexto día consecutivo a la Princesa de Asturias y la Infanta Leonor
MADRID, 5 (EUROPA PRESS)

La Reina doña Sofía visitó esta tarde por sexto día consecutivo a la Princesa de Asturias, doña Letizia Ortiz, y a la Infanta Leonor en la clínica Ruber Internacional, donde ambas pasan su penúltima jornada antes de recibir el alta médica el próximo lunes.

Doña Sofía llegó en torno a las 16:30 horas a la clínica acompañada de la Infanta Elena y su esposo, Jaime de Marichalar, así como con los hijos de ambos, Felipe Juan Froilán y Victoria Federica.

Posteriormente, entraron en el centro médico la madre de la Princesa de Asturias, Paloma Rocasolano, junto con los abuelos maternos de doña Letizia, Francisco Rocasolano y Enriqueta Rodríguez.

Translation:

Doña Sofía visited today, for the sixth consecutive day, the Princess of Asturias, Doña Letizia Ortiz, and Infanta Leonor, at the Ruber International Clinic, where both are passing their penultimate day, before receiving the medical discharge, on next Monday. Doña Sofía arrived around 4:30 p.m. at the clinic, accompanied by Infanta Elena and her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, as well as by their children, Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica.
Later, the Princess of Asturias’ mother (Paloma Rocasolano), along with the maternal grandparents of Doña Letizia (Francisco Rocasolano and Enriqueta Rodriguez), have also vome to the medical centre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucys, thank you for the updates and photos. I love that the Queen, especially, and the whole family continue to visit very frequently because in my experience, a hospital stay can get very old, very fast. Do you think the queen is there to help field phone calls, greet visitors, advise F & L on decisions about where flowers might be dispersed or gifts utilized, etc.?

Emily said:
Do you think the queen is there to help field phone calls, greet visitors etc.?
I guess this part was most important, particularly when Felipe had to be absent, to attend official acts.

I would love to see the cutie little princess on monday ! :)

Is it known when Letizia's sisters will visit the Princess and the baby? It was said they would do it before both "girls" live hospital, but I don't know if they are even already in Spain.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Is it known when Letizia's sisters will visit the Princess and the baby? It was said they would do it before both "girls" live hospital, but I don't know if they are even already in Spain.

Erika is in Spain, but not in Madrid but in Bilbao, is employed at the scenery of a very important ballet that was having the premiere for the first time on Thursday in Bilbao, a city of the north of Spain. Her mother said another day that was working but the journalists did not investigate in that. I imagine that she will be able to return to Madrid when the spectacle finishes. Thelma will come when she could obtain plane.

Last edited:
Why is the press so into Telma and Erika about not visiting yet? If they're working, then that's understandable. The baby is already here and not going anywhere. They can both visit mother and daughter when their time permits later in their house. They don't have to visit them in the hospital. Probably they just want to get pictures of the two sisters going to Ruber.

planetcher said:
Why is the press so into Telma and Erika about not visiting yet? If they're working, then that's understandable. The baby is already here and not going anywhere. They can both visit mother and daughter when their time permits later in their house. They don't have to visit them in the hospital. Probably they just want to get pictures of the two sisters going to Ruber.

So if I imagine that they want to have the photo. In addition any opportunity to criticize to Letizia's family seems to be good. But they have their work, and cannot leave it when they want. They do not have the facilities of the Infantas.
In addition I believe that the press is waiting for Thelma for Alberto's topic , though finally he it has denied and put a complaint. Thelma was in The Philippines and probably until she does not come to Spain she will not find out about anything.

From terra:

Attachments

• 71fa32c3ae8f8g.jpg
    71fa32c3ae8f8g.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 71fa32c3bc99fg.jpg
    71fa32c3bc99fg.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 71fa.jpg
    71fa.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 249
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 216
http://actualidad.terra.es/especiales/leonor-de-borbon/articulo/reina_infanta_elena_dona_letizia_580047.htm

The Queen Sofia has come this evening to the Clinical Ruber Internacional to visit again her granddaughter, the Infanta Leonor, and to the Princess Letizia, accompanied by the Infanta Elena, don Jaime de Marichalar and two children of both. Also the mother of Dona Letizia and her mother grandparents have visited them.

'Phenomenal' and 'putting on weight'

On her part, the mother of the Princess of Asturias, Paloma Rocasolano, she assured that Dona Letizia and the Infanta Leonor are "phenomenal", and that the newborn child is "putting on weight".
Paloma Rocasolano, together with her parents and great-grandfathers of the Infanta, Francisco and Enriqueta, also visited this evening for two hours and a half the Princess and the girl.
After leaving the Clinical Ruber Internacional, where on the dawn of last Monday the Princess of Asturias gave to light, Paloma Rocasolano indicated that mother and daughter are well, " the girl putting on weight ", and that on Monday will leave the clinic.
She assured, besides, that the sisters of Dona Letizia, Erika and Thelma, will come to visit them " in all that they could ", since they surprised the birth of the girl out of Madrid.

Awww I just can't wait to see little baby Leo and Letizia, we haven't seen her for such a long period of time (maybe in high-heeld shoes again:D )! Elena and Jaime were wearing some warm jackets, so it must be cold in Madrid. The Princes have to remember to put warm clothes on Leonor.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Awww I just can't wait to see little baby Leo and Letizia, we haven't seen her for such a long period of time (maybe in high-heeld shoes again:D )! Elena and Jaime were wearing some warm jackets, so it must be cold in Madrid. The Princes have to remember to put warm clothes on Leonor.

Yes, in Madrid already it is quite cold, because of it I believe that the put one to the exit of the clinical will be brief. But then there will be some day of the week the longer put one in the Zarzuela and with the grandparents, this they will be really the officials photographs .
It itself happened with Pablo Nicolás. The child was born in December and it was not doing temperature to be very much moment in the exterior of the clinical. Later with more tranquility they posed with the grandparents in the Palace Albéniz (the residence of the Kings in Barcelona)

Here the images are of how the things happened with Paul Nicolás, it seems that in this occasion it will be equal. In that occasion they went out of the clinic one day and on the following day they posed for the press. In this occasion I me imagine that it will depend of the agendas of work and of how they could organize the journalists who will be great.

I've noticed that Elena has visited Letizia and Leonor a lot in the hospital - three times by my count. I think only the Queen has visited the new mom and baby more times! I think it's nice that Elena has spent so much time at the hospital and been so supportive of Letizia.

I have a question about Leonor's name: In English, Leonor's name would be equivalent to Eleanor. What is Elena's name in English equivalent to? Seeing Leonor's name in print makes me think that Elena and Leonor are deriviations of each other. Could Leonor be partly named in honour of her aunt Elena?

helen is elena in engish.

Genevieve said:
(...)
I have a question about Leonor's name: In English, Leonor's name would be equivalent to Eleanor. What is Elena's name in English equivalent to? Seeing Leonor's name in print makes me think that Elena and Leonor are deriviations of each other. Could Leonor be partly named in honour of her aunt Elena?
Elena is Helen in english :) Both names are from latin origin, but they're quite diffent.

xicamaluca said:
Elena is Helen in english :) Both names are from latin origin, but they're quite diffent.

Thank you. My last off topic question: Is Elena/Helen a common name in either the Spanish or Greek royal family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom