It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scherezada said:
unfortunatelly the only grandparent who seems to count here is Menchu, is always Menchu this, Menchu that, pleaseee
Scherazada, I really hope that you try to change a bit of your propensity to talk about what you don’t know with that peculiar arrogant tone that has characterized all of your posts. You are entitled to your opinion, as everybody in TRFs is, but you can’t just talk about what you don’t know as if your statements were truths universally acknowledged. As you well know, so far, all of your allegations about Princess Letizia’s pregnancy, her fake visit to the hospital on last day 18th, as well as you assertion that she new she was having a boy turned out to be false.
As far as this last post is concerned,
1. Lula has already explained how your statements, once again, do not correspond to the truth, so please read her post;

2. every person is entitled to have more closeness to certain members of our family than others. That doesn’t mean that we don’t like them or that we are ashamed of them, just that we have been raised closer to some grandparents than others and that is not a big deal;

3. if you had tried to read what have been posted at TRFs about Princess Letizia’s relationship with her family, you would see that the Princes have visited their grandparents in Alicante several times; some of them were registered by the photographers. I’ll just give you one of them, as this thread is not to discuss that http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?image=61847991lk.jpg ;

3. if you had tried to read what have been posted at TRFs, you would also see that Letizia’s maternal grandparents are often in Madrid, close to their daughter, and that it was precisely Enriqueta and Francisco those who spent the last Christmas at La Zarzuela, along with the whole Royal Family. And it was still with the royal family that they accompanied the children to the circus, where everybody (including the journalists) could see them. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=156048&postcount=109

Now, can we please stop trying to see monsters where there are just windmills and enjoy this beautifull moment of childbirth? ;)

Last edited:
xicamaluca said:
Prince Felipe already left the clinic. He didn´t spoked to the press, but he was very smily :)

One thing that Paloma Rocasolano said when she left was that Leonor looked like more with Queen Sofia and CP Felipe that with her nother.

Paloma Rocasolano did not say it, was another person who came of visit to the Clinic though it is not specified well. Menchu said that she reminded in some things her son.
The Princes were children with the round face, hair and clear eyes. It seems that the girl is more Greece-Ortiz than Borbón.;)

Prince and on time complete father

He has recognized that he hasn't yet changed no diaper, but, except for that pending task, the Prince has become a on time complete father. Ever since princess Letizia entered Sunday to 20,30 to give birth, Don Felipe has only left one hour the Ruber clinic the International, the right time to gather something of clothes in his residence.

His dedication is so that he also sleep there. Nevertheless, the House of the King confirmed yesterday that the Heir will today retake his official activity in an act of the Patronage of the Residence of Students of Madrid. They tell that Don Felipe is happy and he therefore corroborated it in his only exit to the street since he became father. "the two are well",he said with an enormous smile to admit that not yet he has changed a diaper. "and there will already be time",he added.

The princess of Asturias occupies the room number 10 of the Ruber clinic the International, in the zone of maternity. One is a suite composed by a room, where Doña Letizia next to infant Leonor recovers, a bath and a hall. The House of the King also uses another contiguous room like office. These dependencies are in the left wing of the medical center. They are decorated of very simple way. And the presence of Doña Letizia is guessed because in that hall there are some members of the service of security of the palace of the Zarzuela.

The family of the princes is the one who has access to the more deprived zone . The officials visits are received more in the hall of the suite. Of this task the Prince and Queen take care, that is the member of the Royal Family who more time happens next to the new parents.

The House of the King has informed into which the arrival of telegrams, letters and gifts is continuous. All the messages will be been responsible for the Prince, and the gifts, like all flatteries that the real family receives, are inventoried by National Patrimony. This same spokesman indicated that until the clinic messages have arrived from all the real houses congratulating at the princes of Asturias by the birth of Leonor. Don Felipe has spoken these days with many European princes and the Queen also has answered many of these calls.

Doña Sofía arrived yesterday at the clinic to mid-morning and, like in the previous day, she had lunch there with the princes. To her exit of the clinic, to last hour of afternoon, the queen declared that not yet she knew when they were going to give to the discharge to his daughter-in-law and her new granddaughter and who the girl "already cries less". Paloma Rocasolano , mother of the Princess, also spent almost all the day with her daughter. The two grandmothers entered the medical center by a lateral door. Who yes did it by the main one, to two of afternoon, she was infant Elena, who arrived accompanied from her family. They came from Soria, where they found out that already Leonor had been born. Doña Elena and Don Jaime wanted that Felipe and Victoria knew their new primita. The four were half an hour in the clinic. When coming out, Doña Elena confessed that Leonor "is monada" and that mother and daughter "are very well". In Barcelona, Doña Cristina is pending of her new niece, whom today she will know. The infant has counted who has spoken with the parents, who are very contented with the arrival of Leonor and that Doña Letizia has "the normal" annoyances.

The flowers no longer fit in the hall of the Ruber. They have arrived from all Spain. But the princes of Asturias not only receive flowers, also send them. Yesterday, the new parents sent three centers ordered by they themselves to the cathedral of the Almudena, to the church of San Isidro and the basilica of Atocha to thank for the arrival of their daughter.

If the terms anticipated by the doctors are fulfilled, Doña Letizia and the small Leonor will leave the clinic Friday. Yesterday, to the doors of the medical center, peculiar ones occurred to appointment many. "we already know that to the small one we are not going to see them, but hoped to have luck and to agree with somebody of the real family", women confessed. The news stand of the zone exhausted while its existence. For want of personages in direct, it was left the resource of the magazines of the heart, that advanced their exit. Although in the international press also it was spoken yesterday of Leonor de Borbón and Ortiz, a face still to discover.

http://www.elpais.es/articulo/elppo...lpepinac_14/Tes

Well, I hope she looks like her mom, she is prettier than the borbon's and greek ladies.

From Hola:

Attachments

• ho3197ampli.jpg
    ho3197ampli.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 170
lula said:
Paloma Rocasolano did not say it, was another person who came of visit to the Clinic though it is not specified well. Menchu said that she reminded in some things her son.
The Princes were children with the round face, hair and clear eyes. It seems that the girl is more Greece-Ortiz than Borbón.;)
I've read an article where it says that she also that why i said it :) Thanks for the correction.

lula said:
From Hola:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh that cover you sooooooo cute. He looks sooooo happy and proud :eek: Great cover for Hola!!!

From yahoo:

Attachments

• r2768017349.jpg
    r2768017349.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 199
  • r2839436967.jpg
    r2839436967.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 203
  • r3646282940.jpg
    r3646282940.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 193
  • r653843755.jpg
    r653843755.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 197
  • r1977326231.jpg
    r1977326231.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 172
Mahoogie said:
I think Margarita or Isabela is much cuter and more historically significant than than the name Leonor.Leonor sounds very common and not very Queenly..just my opinion..
I understand that someone who isn't familiar to the Spanish culture and history may have some difficulty to understand, but Leonor is actually not common at all (much less then Margarita or Isabel - although I also like Isabel). It's a very powerful name, in terms of phonetics and in interms of cultural heritage. I would like you to read the article that was posted before. It explains it very well...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=312980&postcount=507

From Semana An Diez minutos

2005110199semanaDentro_20051102.jpg

2005110163diezminutos_t_20051102.jpg

The Happy Dad on The cover

I think Leonor will become very popular after the birth of the infanta. People would probably start using it more often. I think it is not common in Spain, nor in other spanish countries. There are some variants of the name like Eleonor, Eleonara, Leonora. I found the following info on the net.

Origin: Greek
Meaning: "Compassion; light."
Notes: Variant of Eleonor. Literary:Lenore Lenore was the lady lost forever in Edgar Allen Poe's poem "The Raven." The name was used for the heroine of three major operas "Fidelio", "Il Trovatore", and "La Favorita."

I'm anxiously awaiting the first pics of the new baby-I know she's beautiful but I'm partial to Felipe's blue eyes and I hope maybe Leonor has them as well. The devotion the Prince has shown to Letizia and Leonor is also very impressive. Bravo!:)

Ariel said:
I think Leonor will become very popular after the birth of the infanta. People would probably start using it more often. I think it is not common in Spain, nor in other spanish countries. There are some variants of the name like Eleonor, Eleonara, Leonora. I found the following info on the net.

Origin: Greek
Meaning: "Compassion; light."
Notes: Variant of Eleonor. Literary:Lenore Lenore was the lady lost forever in Edgar Allen Poe's poem "The Raven." The name was used for the heroine of three major operas "Fidelio", "Il Trovatore", and "La Favorita."

I read it came from latin lenire, which I can translate in my maternal language, french, but not in english.

http://www.efe.es/

Prince of Asturias: " She Is very pretty, but I am not impartial "

Madrid 2 nov (EFE) .-The Prince of Asturias said today that his daughter Leonor " is very pretty, but I am not impartial. She changes day after day ". Don Felipe did these declarations after resuming this morning his official agenda, two days after being a father, with a meeting of the Patronage of the Foundation of the Students' Residence.
In his chat with the journalists, the Prince said that Dona Letizia and the Infanta Leonor are well, though he does not know still when they will leave the clinical Ruber Internacional.
Asked on how he manages with the newborn child and if he dares to take it in arms, Don Felipe smile and he said that " well, well, though with very much touch ".

Elsa M. said:
I understand that someone who isn't familiar to the Spanish culture and history may have some difficulty to understand, but Leonor is actually not common at all (much less then Margarita or Isabel - although I also like Isabel). It's a very powerful name, in terms of phonetics and in interms of cultural heritage. I would like you to read the article that was posted before. It explains it very well...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=312980&postcount=507

Leonor is not only not common, it's in fact rare in the modern age. Isabel and Margarita are as common as Maria.

I was reading an article that sums up my impression of the name. At first there was a bit of general surprise, because th name is in fact unusual, almost out of use, although frequent in the middle ages, But once the initial surprise was done with, there is a general feeling of it being a very beautiful and strong name.

And there is a Leonor in the book Letizia gave Felipe on the day of their engagement--but she's not the main charcater, I don't think.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/reina_sofia_ruber_573995.htm

Queen Sofia, which expires today 67 years, she will return to clinic Ruber

The Queen, who celebrates today her 67 birthdays, will return to the clinical Ruber Internacional, where the Princess of Asturias is still entered, with her first-born one the Infanta Leonor.It hopes also that before the luncheon the infantas Elenas and Cristina approach up to the sanitary center. The duchess of Palm will come predictably accompanied of her husband, Iñaki Urdangarín, and their four children: Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás, Miguel and Irene.

By then there will be already of return the Prince of Asturias, who today restarted his institutional activities on having presided at the meeting patronage of the Students' Residence.
There is not discarded, therefore, that Dona Sofía celebrates her birthday in family in the clinic.
Sources of the House of the King said that at the moment it is not known if the King will be also present in this familiar meeting.
Habitually, the members of the Royal Family celebrate their anniversaries privately, for what the Palace of Zarzuela is not accustomed to give information of the not official activities.
A speaker of the House of the King demonstrated that so much the Princess, who was submitted to a Caesarean on dawn of last Monday, as her daughter, the Infanta Leonor, they are marvellously and that everything evolves in the most absolute normality.

Definitly, a special birthday for Queen Sofia :)

CP Felipe spoked o the press after his offical duty and said that Leonor is very beautiful, but that he's parcial in that matter :p He said that she that changes everyday, and also revealed that he dares to take her in his in arms, and smilying, said said that "he do it well, although with much care" :) .

Article from El Mundo
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/11/02/espana/1130934978.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember this fortuneteller?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=215462&postcount=125

Well, Carlos Santillana revealed today in Badajoz the content of the sealled letter in which he had inscribed his prediction made on last May 16th, on the sex and the birth date of the first-born of the Princes of Asturias.
The letter said that the baby of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia would be born "before day November 1st, on October 30th or 31st, and that the baby would be a girl".
"Another very curious thing that I told the Royal House was that the birth would take place in a rainy day, like in their wedding, and close friends to the Spanish Royal House have told me that this revelation have amused Doña Letizia and the Prince very much", he commented.
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/infanta_leonor_mentalista_cacereno_adivino_574115.htm

xicamaluca said:
Definitly, a special birthday for Queen Sofia :)

And a busy afternoon for little Leonor. She will be scanned by aunts, uncles, and most of all by these grown-up ;) cousins. This day will prepare her for the day she'll leave the clinic: everyone looking at her, to see how brown is her hair, what colour is her eyes, how chubby she is, if she cries... :D

Regards,
mtbcm :)

They are going to celebrate The Queen birthday in the Hospital.felipe return at the hospital.An they are expecting The infants Elena And cristina.An Paloma Letizia's mom is also there.The only ones that are going to mis that party is Us.:eek: :D I forgot The queen yust arive an she was talking to the journalist.

Last edited:
That fortuneteller is preparing himself to, in Christmas 2006, stop the clock of the "Portas del Sol" (an important plaza in Madrid) with his mind :rolleyes: Well, wasn´t twins :p

lapopdiva said:
They are going to celebrate The Queen birthday in the Hospital.felipe return at the hospital.An they are expecting The infants Elena And cristina.An Paloma Letizia's mom is also there.The only ones that are going to mis that party is Us.:eek: :D I forgot The queen yust arive an she was talking to the journalist.
What he said? You know? :rolleyes:

And Elsa, sorry for the thing with the posts, but ne things are always appearing and i always forgot to add the new thing into editing the previous post :( Sorry once more :) !!

That's O.K., Xica.

I'm doing this, in order to save our bandwidth, which is, as you all know, a great problem we're facing at TRFs. ;)

http://es.news.yahoo.com/051102/4/4dja9.html

The television audiences have increased 25% in Spain, during last Monday's dawn, when TVE and Antenna 3 have emitted informative editions on the childbirth of the Princess of Asturias. Besides, all the channels had centered their newscasts on the birth of Infanta Leonor.

The list of all...

Queen SofíA, Price Felipe, Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar, Infanta Cristina, Iñaqui Urdangarín and little Irene, Paloma Rocasolano, Jesus Ortiz, Menchu Álvarez del Valle and Henar Ortiz.

Today also it has been going to visit them the Mayor of Madrid, Alberto Ruiz Gallardon

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2574110.htm

The mayor of Madrid, Alberto Ruiz-Gallardón, came today at 13,30 hours to the clinical Ruber Internacional to congratulate the Princes of Asturias on the birth of their first-born one and to know the Infanta Leonor.
(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Infanta Cristina and her family are already at Ruber :)

Esperanza Aguirre (president of the Madrid Region. She asssited to the meeting of CP Felipe) said today to the press that the Infanta is very cute and that she saw it by a picture in the mobile phone of Queen Sofia. So, not everyone is seeing the Infanta in person, wich gives CP Letizia time to rcover :)

Last edited:
How fun to see them with their little girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom