It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, it's wonderful to open the forum dedicated to the RF of Spain and see the title of sub-forum: Prince and Princess of Asturias and Family...:) :eek: :)

More from Getty:

Attachments

• 56042314.jpg
    56042314.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 56042316.jpg
    56042316.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 56042319.jpg
    56042319.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 56042321.jpg
    56042321.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 56042327.jpg
    56042327.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 56042330.jpg
    56042330.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 56042331.jpg
    56042331.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 148
LaChicaMadrilena said:
By the way, it's wonderful to open the forum dedicated to the RF of Spain and see the title of sub-forum: Prince and Princess of Asturias and Family...:) :eek: :)

Chicamadrilena reading you make me remember the song: What a wonderful World.:D You know that song?? Here's the lyrics :D

I see trees of green... red roses too
I see 'em bloom... for me and for you
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue... and clouds of white
Bright blessed days.... warm sacred nights
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow... so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces... of people going by
I see friends shaking hands.....sayin'.. how do you do?
They're really sayin'... I love you.

I hear babies cry... I watch them grow
They'll learn much more... than I'll never know
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself... what a wonderful world... oh yeah!

By Celine dion.

The Queen Sofia and Paloma Rocasolano already they have left the clinic. The Queen has commented that the Princess and the Infanta evolve well, that the girl is calm and cries less.

Christina also has a full time job as well as being the Mother of four small children. It is quite possible that she is waiting for the weekend so she isn't having to disrupt the childrens schedule and it would be easier for her to take time off of work. For a small child, a schedule is important. Believe me, when I had my child, I wanted time to recoup. Letiza is being bombarded with visitors, unable to really have any time to herself to recoup from her c section or just be with her child. Christina is probably taking this all into account. She already stated that she talked to her brother on the phone. Don't attack her because she isn't rushing to the hospital. My sister in law didn't see her first niece until five weeks after the birth and we had to bring the baby to see her. I am sure there are several valid reasons for Christina delaying her visit.

The President of Madrid´s Region (Comunidad de Madrid), Esperanza Aguirre, visited the Infanta late in the afternoon.

It is a baby she isn't going anywhere I'm sure when christina is able she will see her niece.

In the evening news of Antena3 (another main tv station in Spain) was said that Infanta Cristina will visit the her new niece tomorrow.

From terra:

The queen Sofía, greets smilingly from the interior of the vehicle, to the exit of the clinical Ruber Internacional of Madrid, where she has remained from twelve o'clock of this midday to accompany the Princes of Asturias and her granddaughter, the infanta Leonor, on the following day of her birth.

Attachments

• 71fa3147549ebg.jpg
    71fa3147549ebg.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 176
I don't think waiting a couple of days to visit you new niece is unacceptable. Cristina's responsibility is to her children and husband first. This is not an emergency situation. Why do we all feel we need to judge their actions?

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/dona_sofia_nina_no_llora_573182.htm

Dona Sofía: ' The girl already does not cry '

The Queen said this evening, on having left the Clinical Ruber Internacional, for which her granddaughter the Infanta Leonor ' already does not weep '. ' But if she does not weep for anything ', insisted smiling Dona Sofía.
Yesterday to the midday after seeing for the first time her granddaughter, the Queen Sofia commented that her granddaughter was ' rather fat and round ' and that she was more weeping than calm.
Dona Sofía, who left at 20.10 hours the Clinic Ruber, where she had come in the middle of the morning, made stop the car in the one that was travelling before the journalists who do police guard opposite to the sanitary center, lowered the crystal of the window and smiling she greeted and commented that both the Princess and the Infanta Leonor are well ' and very calm '.
Dona Sofía said not to know when the doctors will give the discharge to Dona Letizia, because ' neither what I have asked '.
The Queen remained until eight o'clock in the afternoon in the clinic, doing company to the Princes of Asturias and receiving the letter of congratulation of the personalities and relatives who have come to give the congratulation for the birth of the new infanta.
A couple of hours before, on six o'clock in the afternoon, there left the hospital the mother of Dona Letizia, Paloma Rocasolano, who came also on the midday.
In the morning there came the Dukes of Lugo, the Infanta Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar, with her children,Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica, and this one is late the Dukes of Soria and their children Maria and Alfonso.
Also there have passed today for the hospital the chairwoman of the Constitutional Court, Maria Emilia Casas, and the chairwoman of the Community of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre.
For tomorrow it is foreseen that come to know their niece the Dukes of Palm, who reside in Barcelona.

I'm sooooooo happy! :D

Congrats to Felipe & Letizia and to the whole Spanish RF.
Cheers to Infanta Leonor!

Ennyllorac said:
I don't think waiting a couple of days to visit you new niece is unacceptable. Cristina's responsibility is to her children and husband first. This is not an emergency situation. Why do we all feel we need to judge their actions?

I'm free to give my opinion.And when cristina have to leave her four children and husband in barcelona to go on an official activity, no one is thinking at that time of her responsibility to her children and husband.But what was I thinking???? I forgot that an activity is more important than Family matters.I'm so.......Sorry!:eek: :rolleyes:

lapopdiva said:
I'm free to give my opinion.And when cristina have to leave her four children and husband in barcelona to go on an official activity, no one is thinking at that time of her responsibility to her children and husband.But what was I thinking???? I forgot that an activity is more important than Family matters.I'm so.......Sorry!:eek: :rolleyes:

When I was in hospital after giving birth to my son I'd rather sleep or spend time with my baby and boyfriend than entertain relatives. I was so exhausted - I'm sure the same must be true for Letizia, so let's not be so hard on Cristina. Maybe Letizia is glad that not everbody drops by today!

Good News!! Cristina is going to see the baby tomorrow!!
It's confirm.

lapopdiva said:

Hi lapopdiva!
Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but we have to use the reason here. Cristina not only has three boys to take care of but Irene is only 5 months old (almost).

Traveling with a baby is a major issue, there are lots of things to take into consideration. I have a couple of friends who had their babies this year and their lives changed completely. They need a lot of planning and structure to go out with the baby, this talking to visit grandparents or go to the mall, imagine what would take to travel to another city with a 5 month old baby and three boys.

Besides, I think that, as someone pointed out above, Cristina will come tomorrow to join together two things, she'll get to know her new niece and she'll be with her mother at her birthday.

Calm down, Cristina has nothing against Letizia, you have to remember always that she was the first one to step ahead and support their budding relationship.

Btw, did Elena visited Irene? I really don't remember.

lapopdiva said:

No need for sarcasm. As you were stating your opinion, I was stating mine. The baby is just 2 days old. There is plenty of time for family visits. When Cristina goes on official function there has been plenty of time for planing. As the Queen herself said, the nirth of Leonor caught everyone in different locations. I am sure the family knows why Cristina wasn't on the first plane out and I am sure they don't love each other any less. The Spanish Royal Family has always come across to me as very close and supportive of each other. (Of course, no one really knows what goes on beheind closed doors and it is nobody's business but their own.) I frankly feel sorry for Letizia to have to have so many visitors from the government. It is a time for family and close friends.

Last edited:
I would rather like to know about Erika and Thelma, they are the sisters of the mother.

About the name is pronounced like princess Leia, Le (as in Leia), O and Nor, as in door and with emphasis in NORRRRRR. LE O NOR. You must pronounced Leo softly, it doesn't sound like Leonardo DiCaprio or Leonardo DaVinci ok?, no, is Leo as in Leia, smoth, and then Nor, stronger, with emphasis.
Leonor. I like the name.

Ennyllorac said:
No need for sarcasm. As you were stating your opinion, I was stating mine. The baby is just 2 days old. There is plenty of time for family visits. When Cristina goes on official function there has been plenty of time for planing. As the Queen herself said, the nirth of Leonor caught everyone in different locations. I am sure the family knows why Cristina wasn't on the first plane out and I am sure they don't love each other any less. The Spanish Royal Family has always come across to me as very close and supportive of each other. (Of course, no one really knows what goes on beheind closed doors and it is nobody's business but their own.) I frankly feel sorry for Letizia to have to have so many visitors from the government. It is a time for family and close friends.

We have one think in commun.I also feel sorry for letizia, that she have to see so many government visitors on the first day.She have to be left alone so she can be with her family.But i love also to see her mother and mother in law over there with them all this two days.The queen left at 20.00 an her mother at 18.00.this evening.About cristina i maintain my opinion even if it's not my business :D

lapopdiva said:
We have one think in commun.I also feel sorry for letizia, that she have to see so many government visitors on the first day.She have to be left alone so she can be with her family.But i love also to see her mother and mother in law over there with them all this two days.The queen left at 20.00 an her mother at 18.00.this evening.About cristina i maintain my opinion even if it's not my business :D

;) ISn't it wonderful to be able to agree and disagree politely? I for one am looking forward to when they are released from the hosipital. It will be great to get the first look of Infanta Leonor.

Good since always I repeat the things.:mad:

Erika was in Italy in a trip of work, and I do not believe that it is late very much in being going to visit her sister, in all that she could return to Madrid.

Thelma is employed at an ONG and seems that she is developing some work in The Philippines where she travelled last week. Not when she will be able to return of there.

If someone asks about the mother grandparents of the Princess, they are persons of almost 80 years who live in Alicante and cannot go to Madrid if anybody of the family is not going to look for them.

lapopdiva said:

Activites are planned very far in advance. If you look at most of the forums here where official calendars of members of the various royal families have been posted, you will notice that many of these events do not plan to occur for quite some time. They are planned several months in advance. Although Cristina and the entire RF knew that they birth of Letizia and Felipe's first child was coming, it was not expected as early as October 31. I know that it certainly took me by surprise, so I am sure that family members were surprised as well.

Cristina hasn't had any official duties lately, so I am guessing that her calendar at the moment is more personal and most likely evolves around her family and her work. Cristina and her family also have young children and a baby at home, so it is not that easy to rush off if things haven't already been planned in advance. Elena was away and also took her time getting to the hospital. I don't fault her for this. Travel plans are different when you have a family and are taken by surprise, even if you are an Infanta of Spain.

I think that Cristina and her family will most likely wait to visit until the weekend. It is more convenient and will give more time to spend with her new niece. I have not doubt that since little Lorena and Irene are only a few months apart in age that they will be close friends. Their parents also seem to be close, so I am certain that this not something meant to slight Felipe and Letizia.

lapopdiva said:

Royal engagements are planned months, sometimes years in advance. There is a difference there. She talked to Felipe via phone and is planning on seeing the newest addition. Since she had probably already had plans to come up and see her mother for her birthday, she just combined the two. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't feel that she had to drop everything and travel with family in tow (they want to see the little one too) especially if she already had plans to be in town in a few days. As a new mom, I certainly was happy when people, including family, spaced out their visits. I wasn't so overwhelmed.

I have not heard anything on tv about the newborn princess. Not even the paper. I only heard a two-second news in the Spanish channel. Not fair!!!!! It is great to have this forum. I get more news than ever before.

I agree with Roxsteve, I hadn't heard anything about it and I've been waiting!

Does anyone know the new Infanta's other names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom