It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when see the CP Letizia and the new baby? when both get out of hospital? i cant wait see Letizia and newborn Princess

Sara Boyce

A spokesman from Buckingham Palace has confirmed to EFE that HM Queen Elizabeth II has send a private message to the Princes, congratulating them for the birth of Infanta Leonor.

Last edited:
xicamaluca said:
Infanta Elena oldest child is a boy, Froilan, so nothing happens. Same to Infanta Cristina, Irene is the younguest of her children.

Ah, OK, thanks - I thought he was the younger one. That's handy, then - if there's a change in the law, it won't affect anybody already alive.

sara1981 said:
when see the CP Letizia and the new baby? when both get out of hospital? i cant wait see Letizia and newborn Princess

Sara Boyce

Letizia had a C-section, so her stay in the hospital could possibly be longer than someone who delivered naturally. It's hard to tell if she will stay a day or two longer or more. So, it's hard to say when we will get the chance to see her and the baby.

But, pictures may have been taken that could be released to the press. That has been stated as well. We just have to wait and see!

Last edited:
CP Felipe has already returned to Ruber, he was dressing sport clothes an was carring a bag.

Congratulations on their first baby! Leonor is a name with a lot of history in all it's variations. I think the baby is related to all of the famous Leonor/Eleanor etc of the past.

From the pictures I've seen so far King Juan Carlos does not look so bouncy as his wife so he was probably expecting a baby boy to carry on the 'name'. Anyway, he will get over it with time. I do how the succesion law is changed so Leonor becomes one day Queen Leonor without the fear that a baby brother will take that privilege from her as King Juan Carlos did to his older sisters and Felipe to Elena. And before that, King Alfonso to his older sister the Princess of Austurias Maria de las Mercedes. Enough of that, let the girl have the throne. :)

They just did a really nice piece on Infanta Leonor on the USA's spanish language station Univision--but I wonder where they got one fact: they claim the baptism will be at the Basilica de Atocha. I highly doubt that!

lucys said:
They just did a really nice piece on Infanta Leonor on the USA's spanish language station Univision--but I wonder where they got one fact: they claim the baptism will be at the Basilica de Atocha. I highly doubt that!
I also doubt it. In recent years, all baptisms were hold the the chapel of Zarzuela Palace. I don´t see that be different now :) The only that wa said about this, was CP Felipe himself saying that the baptism will be, probably, after Christmas (for all be arranged with time) and the Kings saying that the godparents and date weren´t chosen yet.

Last edited:
Oh, i can not wait to see the litle gril ....

According with the spanish hour, Infanta Leonor born 24h ago :)

Where are the little boys?

They haven't came to visit their little cousin?

Infanta Elena went out for the large weekend (i read something that they went skiing in Austria) and Infanta Cristina is in Barcelona, were she lives (she said to the press that due to her children school maybe only in a few days they´ll see little Leonor).

Christina lives in Barcelona and her boys are in school.
As far as Elena is concerned, maybe she is planning to visit tomorrow or in a few days.
It is always nice to give the new parents a few days to be with their child privately. Of course, one can never keep away the grandparents!:D

xicamaluca said:
Infanta Elena went out for the large weekend (i read something that they went skiing in Austria)
In TVE (i think...) said that the Infanta Elena and her family are in Soria with the mother of Jaime de Marichalar.

...JuAnItA... said:
In TVE (i think...) said that the Infanta Elena and her family are in Soria with the mother of Jaime de Marichalar.
Maybe she went to Austria and now is in Soria :p Was just a thing that i´ve read somewhere, i give more credit to TVE ;)

There are so many interesting articles and opinion pieces in the press today (I must stop reading them all), but one of the most curious observations I saw was one regarding rain and water. It mentioned that rain is a symbol of abundance and blessings and pointed out that on both the day of their wedding and the night of their daughter's birth (in the midst of a year of draught) Felipe and Letizia were infamously accompanied by heavy rains--and then added the observation that Leonor was born under one of the water signs. Curious, no?

lucys said:
There are so many interesting articles and opinion pieces in the press today (I must stop reading them all), but one of the most curious observations I saw was one regarding rain and water. It mentioned that rain is a symbol of abundance and blessings and pointed out that on both the day of their wedding and the night of their daughter's birth (in the midst of a year of draught) Felipe and Letizia were infamously accompanied by heavy rains--and then added the observation that Leonor was born under one of the water signs. Curious, no?

That's a very interesting analysis of things lucys! I always find such analysis fascinating. In highschool English I thought it was overkill to see significance in a cake that was iced with white frosting as a symbol of innocence, but I think the explanation of the rain on Felipe and Letizia's wedding day and the rain on Lenor's birthnight (early morning) is an ironic happenstance.

In a way it makes me think that it appropriate as Felipe and Letizia are not the type who take their abudance and blessings for granted. They have not taken their positions as royals for granted, and have worked very hard to represent Spain. And I'm sure that they will pass on the same dedication and commitment to their daughter and not take her for granted either.

hmm... cross my fingers... i'm hoping they do this birth the belgian way (when prince emmanuel was born).. with a first photo with the family (include felipe, letizia, and maybe the king & queen), then, press conference when they left the hospital. and more more visits from the royal family (the infantas & more of king & queen). let's just hope..

Congrats to the lovely couple, can't wait to see the photos...will it be an axious wait like it was with Princess Mary's baby?

More from the happy new father from the press conference (from ANP with minimal watermark) :

perhaps felipe also thought it will be a boy & wore the blue tie.. it would've been cute if he wear a pink tie.. the king and infanta wore orange tie, so does letizia's father.. a new colour for house of borbon?
oh well... i cannot wait to see the 1st picture of the new infanta...

ps. is there more picture when felipe left & return again to clinica ruber? thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
3 more when felipe left & return again to clinica ruber (from terra) :

Attachments

• 71fa313410f5cg.jpg
    71fa313410f5cg.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 394
  • 71fa313406ff8g.jpg
    71fa313406ff8g.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 292
  • 71fa17363fb21g.jpg
    71fa17363fb21g.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Some more from cover--check out the one with Prince Felipe's HUGE smile!

Attachments

• CL46511.jpg
    CL46511.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 154
  • CL46463.jpg
    CL46463.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 148
  • CL46465.jpg
    CL46465.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 170
  • CL46466.jpg
    CL46466.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 154
  • CL46468.jpg
    CL46468.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 165
  • CL46472.jpg
    CL46472.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 123
  • CL46474.jpg
    CL46474.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 168
Love the queen's "round" hand gesture ... I can't wait to see this chubby baby! :) I've been watching entirely too much TVE from the link provided in this thread, especially because my grasp of Spanish extends basically to "hello" and "where am I?" I'm just hoping to see the first pictures of little Leonor as soon as possible!

some more of King & Queen's visit yesterday (from ANP & deadline) :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom