Is it true love???

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is this truly a love match?

• Yes, they are blissfully in love.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is a marriage of convenience.

• Perhaps, only time will tell.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nilah

Aristocracy
Country
Austria
Is it true love or just an arranged marriage? What do you think?

In my opinion , Letizia was not Felipe’s choice.

I think it was absolutely true love. Just because we hadn't heard of their pre-engagement relationship does not mean that they were forced into a bitter loveless marriage. They look so happy together. One can only see from the photos of the couple that they are in love. I don't think it is an act at all.

nilah said:

I'd have to agree, at least in the beginning. It really seemed way to rushed and hurried. But now, I think he genuinely loves her....She, however, is another story. I'm not convinced she's as in-love with him as he is of her.

nilah said:

He almost gave up the throne for her. One wouldn't give up a role they were born and bred for just on a whim or if they didn't really love the other person. His family was also very divided when he brought her home. He wouldn't rock the boat for someone he did not love or care deeply about. I think he seriously loved her very much then and even more now. How can she not be his first choice?

i think its a bit silly asking if its true love... because i think its obvious to everyone

Yes, it's obvious they are in love, when they look at each other. Vicomtesse is right, he threatened to give up the throne, and only Cristina liked Letizia at first. Also, I think if it had been an arranged marriage the King and Queen would have had him marry a noble woman.

I don't feel it is an arranged marraige but I don't feel it is true love either. There is something about the couple that makes me wonder how many years the love that they have right now will last. I hope I'm wrong because I don't wish anyone to get a divorce.

One always hopes that people get married because they truly love each other. For those who have followed the story from the beginning, it is known that this is not an arranged marriage. They had there obstacles to overcome. It is ludicrous to speculate how much these two people love each other. Let's hope that they continue on a loving path and that they grow old together and are happy.

i think its true love well at least on his side it is, i read that during the wedding he was whispering something to her and professional lip readers all interpeted something on the lines of 'you are so nervous...i love you, i love you, i love you' [Felipe to Letizia] now how sweet is that??!!? :)

Of course it is.... Some might think it isn't because Felipe and Letizia never been caught kissing on the lips (like many other princely couples were), but they have their own special manner to show that they love and care deeply about each other.

Their famous "gaze" that has already been brought up in one of the threads is a clear display of the affection and love that surrounds them.

Everyone mentioned that Felipe threatened to give up the throne for her, but have you ever thought about what she gave up in order to live this relationship?

She was already famous, she was a award winner newscaster, she's covered almost all the important news from the last few years (Iraq War, 9/11, The disaster with the prestige) and so on.

I know that, at least in my conception, it would be very hard to let go of something like that, something that you worked very hard to achieve. This, IMO was a great proof of her love for him.

I am sure it is not an arranged marriage because she is not suitable for that. I thik she was a whim for him, and as he couldn't marry Eva he threatened to give up the throne. To be honest I don't think he could live as an ordinary person and I don't think he wants that either.
He seems to be crazy for her but about her love for him, I have my doubts.

i think they are in love now (however, felipe more than letizia) but it won't last for too long... i don't want to be pesimistic, but i don't think their marriage will be too long.

carlota said:
i think they are in love now (however, felipe more than letizia) but it won't last for too long... i don't want to be pesimistic, but i don't think their marriage will be too long.
how come?

I don't think just because Felipe and Letizia has never been caught kissing means that they won't last, however I actually feel that Letizia is extremely 'starstruck' at the moment. The way she gazes at him and the way she attaches to him whenever possible, I always get the feeling of a starstruck teenager from Letizia. Although she does an extremely good job when it comes to serious functions, when it comes to her 'romantic' side of life, she does seem to be quite insecure. But of course, this is only from observation.

I think....

I think Prince Felipe's true love was and probably still is Eva Sannum. He dated this Norwegian model for a long time and was very affectionate towards her. Unfortanetly, she was deemed unacceptable by Prince Felipe's parents. Not only because she was an uneducated model, but also because she was a Protestant who didn't speak Spanish.

I think Prince Felipe married Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano out of convenience, to please his parents and country. At their wedding, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia both looked very uncomfortable and shy towards each other, compared to Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark, whom appeared very warm and at ease in each other's presence.

I don't think that this was an arranged marriage or one of convenience. No evidence really points to that.

I really believe that this is true love. If Felipe were going to marry to please his parents, then he would not have married Letizia. For those of us average beings going through our daily lives, Letizia most certainly seemed to be a catch for any man, but not for the Crown Prince of Spain. She had many things going against her-previously married, divorced parents, said to be agnostic in her religious beliefs, a commoner (when many said that it would be best for Felipe to marry an aristocrat or royal), and I am sure that there are other things that many could add.

When thinking of the history of the monarchy of Spain and the fact that the monarchy under King Juan Carlos is still very young, one would think that Felipe would have had his flings and then finally married for convenience, but that certainly was not the case her, IMO. If Felipe were really going to choose a wife based on that criteria, he would not have chosen Letizia. He must have married her because they were genuinely in love. Given the facts, there really is no reason for Felipe to have chosen Letizia in general other than that they truly shared a connection. Although controversy has subsided somewhat since the marriage, most of us can admit that their engagement had it shares of critics and many of them were opposed to Letizia, because she had a past. Nothing that every person in Spain and the world over are not accustomed to hearing of and some even being a part of on a daily basis, but when we think of royals we kind of like to set them apart from us in certain respects. If you are going to be a member of the SRF and a monarchy is going to exist then its family members must maintain a certain standard that is unlike that of the average members of their country's society. It's not about being better, but actually being royalty and carrying one's self in a certain manner.

I think that Felipe married Letizia out of pure love. You can see it in his eyes when he looks at her. Just because the engagment came out of nowhere, doesn't mean that it was arranged. Case in point, Phillipe and Mathilde of Belguim. When their engagment was announced people thought it was arranged as well. But we know now that they genuinely love each other. I think that is the case with Felipe and Letizia. IMO when I look at the pictures of the two of them, I can see so much love between the two of them. So if this is an arranged marriage, then they are doing a great job of pretending, and have fooled many people.

It's already been said and I'll only repeat it. The situation is completely different. Felipe and Letizia got married only two months after the terrorist attacks, their wedding mass was dedicated to the victims and their families, the country was still in shock and the monarchy is still somewhat weak.

If I recall correctly, neither one of Felipe's sisters kissed their grooms on the lips or acted too romantic near them.

What we need to know is that Felipe & Letizia and Fred & Mary are different people, with different stories and different life styles.

Give F&L some more time....

Attachments

• almudena_manos.jpg
    almudena_manos.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 396
  • rec_saludo.jpg
    rec_saludo.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 0018.jpg
    0018.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 232
  • COLOUR10035817.jpg
    COLOUR10035817.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 401
  • galeria14_3.jpg
    galeria14_3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 596
  • l1128901.jpg
    l1128901.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 259
  • COLOUR10035779.jpg
    COLOUR10035779.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 375
  • ceremonia5.jpg
    ceremonia5.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 283
  • foto_06.jpg
    foto_06.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 409
I'm amazed that anyone wouldn't see this as true love. They seem to share something incredibly profound and it's beautiful to see! I think that, in each other, they have both found their perfect match.

(Hi, by the way. This is my first post! Glad to meet everyone!)

Tinika said:
I'm amazed that anyone wouldn't see this as true love. They seem to share something incredibly profound and it's beautiful to see! I think that, in each other, they have both found their perfect match.

(Hi, by the way. This is my first post! Glad to meet everyone!)
Hi Tinika...

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

And btw, welcome to the Forum!

I agree with you Tinika!! They do seem to share a deep and profound love and it is so nice to see that among the royal couples!

I think this love is not mutual (Letizia more than Felipe). He respects her but is not in deep love with her. If we think realisitcally , Spain has not been Spanish born queen for over 100 years.That is why ,if Felipe would have married a foreign born woman ,that means that Spain will not get Spanish born queen for more than 150 years. Letizia is almost

perfect (exept : divorced woman) for this role. She has a talent for communication because of her TV career and however she is Asturian born ,too. Their relationship is too official . On the other hands, we have never heard them before their engagement. I am sure that photos would have been taken of them.

I don't think it is true love but I also don't think it was arranged either.

Body Language says a lot. It spells it out for the public. She seems almost uncomfortable around and he around her, like he doesn't know what she will do next. The photos of the wedding were particularly odd. I am studying body language at school and there like I said seem to not know eachother as well as you would a married couple to know one another.
They certainly like each other and enjoy the others company but I enjoy my dogs company.
They are certainly trying. But the lack of public affection is certainly a danger sign. Because if you don't show it you must not be sure of your feelings.

it was mentioned a little earlier in this thread that Felipe threatened to give up the throne for her. he is talking about Eva or Letizia and why?

thanx....just a little confused

It was more so Eva. But I don't think he really said that. I guess he wanted to be trusted to pick the right woman on his own terms. But this type of stuff did not happen w/ Letizia. And I don't think it is true love, more like liking each other and sharing the same interests. I guess they would say they were fond of each other than being in love with each other. But Letizia really does not seem like Flip's type. If you compare her to other girls he has dated she is a bit different. Oh well. You know I always thought Isabella Sartorius was a good choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom