Is it true love???

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is this truly a love match?

• Yes, they are blissfully in love.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is a marriage of convenience.

• Perhaps, only time will tell.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain and Denmark are two vastly different countries. You can't say that because Felipe and Letizia were not extremely touchy or kissing each other lots that they do not love each other as much as Frederik and Mary. Not all couples show the same amount of affection public as others. Edward and Sophie are not overtly affectionate the way Phillippe and Mathilde are but I don't think that means that one couple loves less than the other. If Felipe felt he was forced to marry a Spanish born woman, I think there are much more less controversial women than Letizia who is divorced as are her parents. She was not the ideal choice on paper and if Felipe felt he was forced to marry someone he could've picked a better woman. The only reason to marry Letizia was for love.

Actually, my observations did not come from the wedding but from the time they were at the olympics. Funny enough, that was the most physical I have seen them yet. However it seems like Letizia was constantly trying to get Felipe's attention but touching his face, giving him a kiss, leaning her head on his shoulder but Felipe just seemed too absorbed in whatever he was watching. It just seemed like Letizia needs to be physical to feel loved whereas Felipe is happy with emotinally connected. That is what I meant when I said that Felipe may eventually get sick of Letizia's need for dependence, but again hopefully I am wrong. They did seem lovely at the wedding.

If compared to the Danish couple, they just seem much more comfortable with each other and more connected. They seem to be not only be lovers but also each other's best friends. Whereas Felipe and Letizia don't seem to have that friendship. Perhaps given time, they will be able to build a foundation strong enough to last.

Maybe Felipe is more into sports then Frederik? I would not get any reaction from my boyfriend when he is watching soccer at all:D

Seriously, you must remeber how Frederik and Mary looke before and after they got engaged, Frederik running in front and Mary looking scared as a dear caught in the headlights. I dont think I have seen Sophie and Edward hold hands in years, whilst Mathilde and Philippe are constantly. I just think the protocol is different in different countries. The scandinavian and benelux countries seems less formal than the english and spanish (to me at least). I dont think you will ever see the spanish or english couples kissing on a balconys except maybe for weddings. They also seem more restrictive with photoshoots and interviews so you dont get to hear how they feel for each other.

I agree with those, who think, that it isn´t the "big true love". I don´t think it was an arranged marriage and I´m quite sure, both are a litte bit smitten. But I would bet all, that Felipe would have prefered Eva Sannum, when he, Eva and Letizia would be the only 3 human beings on this world and when he would have been allowed to choose only one woman.
I think the king and the queen have finally approved Letizia, because Felipe wasn´t the youngest anymore and because she seemed still most appropriate. And I guess most decisive was, that Letizia was popular in Spain before. In other words...if Juan Carlos and Sophia would still live in exile they would have also approved Eva Sannum. But as very dutiful monarchs-which they are-they also have to consider, what is the best for the spanish monarchy.
Well, now they are married and have to try their best to lead a good relationship and to become good parents. (When I´m right) it maybe even helps, that they aren´t so deeply in love. Yes, we (almost) all want to marry out of love and want to be together until the end of our days. But let´s face it: in many cases the affection and love from the very beginning disappears after a few years, and then it´s more intimacy/familiarity, which ties a couple together and then other things than love dominate a relationship...e.g the ability to listen, to talk with each other etc. And the couple has to learn to deal with the faults of the partner. And to get back to Letizia and Felipe (and my guess, that it isn´t "true love")...it maybe helps, when they have both listended to their "brains" and not just to their "hearts"...so later bad surprises won´t shock them too much.

This is a sickning discussion: Please Close this topic.

I am sick of this discussion about whether Felipe and Letizia are truly in love. Who are you to judge that. Besides, it is difficult to make conclusions about emotional things. Assuming they are not truly in love..What does this matter to you? And how do you define "TRULY IN LOVE"...Is it through public kisses, public hugs, public touches...or what?

you are just another kind of Paparazzi...

I request the administrator to close this topic. Thanks

Humble said:
I am sick of this discussion about whether Felipe and Letizia are truly in love. Who are you to judge that. Besides, it is difficult to make conclusions about emotional things. Assuming they are not truly in love..What does this matter to you? And how do you define "TRULY IN LOVE"...Is it through public kisses, public hugs, public touches...or what?

I wonder if you would have written the same, if all would have said "yes, they are truly in love"

Actually you´re right, we can´t judge it for real. Often it´s even hard to judge the own feelings, so how can we, when it comes to others.
But on the other hand...what stays of TRF, when we don´t discuss such things anymore. Just to write "this dress is beautiful"? And even there the opinions depend on personal expierences and views.
Well, we can discuss historical and political facts. But I think this should be left to other boards. On TRF it was always allowed to discuss trivia as well.

I am specific...I am talking about this topic and NOT about their clothing and their activities. Besides, you started your reply by saying whether if it were told they are truly in lover, i would have written my message...This is a hidden assumption from you that they are not truly in love...None of us would know

NOTE i put an assumption that they could be NOT be truly in love, but it is riskier to discuss the feelings than the clothing and the activities...

Last edited:
Humble said:
I am specific...I am talking about this topic and NOT about their clothing and their activities. Besides, you started your reply by saying whether if it were told they are truly in lover, i would have written my message...This is a hidden assumption from you that they are not truly in love...None of us would know

NOTE i put an assumption that they could be NOT be truly in love, but what this matters to us.
No, this wasn´t an hidden assumption. I´ve just assumed, that you might not like it, that some ppl assume, they aren´t truly in love.
But as it seems I was wrong and you don´t like the discussion as whole (neither the contra-opinions nor the pro)...so I will stop here. I respect ennylloracs wish not to quarrel and will stop to go on :) *peace*

Oh you assume that I do not like the discussion..if this is really true, then as a MODERATOR, you should bring me back to the discussion by moderating the conflicting opinions...

Good night!

As Ennylorac requested earlier, let's keep this discussion civil, please.

I think Humble's point of view was to put aside this discussion about whether they are truly in love..S/he did not discard discussing about other things such as their activities and the way the dress as many like to discuss...
And I think s/he expressed her/his opinion in a civil polite manner..

Some may not like the topic, some may find it silly, others sickening but it is the same thing as discussing whether or not someone is doing a good job or not, let's say. As moderators, we are not here to censure topics we don't like. However, we are here to facilitate discussions and make sure discussions are civil. Hostile messages will be deleted. If a topic is not to someone's liking,that someone has the ability to choose not to read that thread.

Please once again, let's respect each others opinions and if we don't like a topic just don't read it.

I don't see why anyone cares. The fact of the matter is that they are married and they are going to stay that way cuz it would be hades to pay if they did not. So let's just chill and hope they will build a good foundation, etc.

Anna_R said:
It's already been said and I'll only repeat it. The situation is completely different. Felipe and Letizia got married only two months after the terrorist attacks, their wedding mass was dedicated to the victims and their families, the country was still in shock and the monarchy is still somewhat weak.

If I recall correctly, neither one of Felipe's sisters kissed their grooms on the lips or acted too romantic near them.

What we need to know is that Felipe & Letizia and Fred & Mary are different people, with different stories and different life styles.

Give F&L some more time....
Exactly, and also wasn't the last wedding celebrated in Madrid a tragedy? It was the wedding of Alfonso XIII and Victoria Eugenia de Battenberg. There was high security, but at their place I'd be really nervous!

I remember that Cristina and Elena didn't kiss their grooms on the lips either. After seeing both of the sisters refraining from doing the same thing, I assumed that it was simply a cultural difference of the SRF. I didn't think that much of it.

I really fail to see how people cannot realize that this couple is very affectionate, but in many ways that some of us are not.

I studied body language in college as part of a few psychology classes and I have a different assessment than that of the person who is studing body language. I am not saying that your assessment is wrong, but that my training simply leaves me to believe that Felipe and Letizia are indeed affectionate and very close. It even appears that they have their own sort of language in which they don't really need to speak-glances, head tilts, slight touches here and there. I have also noticed the way in which Felipe touches Letizia, that he is very protective of Letizia which is usually a sign of someone who is in love and wants to hold on to object of their love.

I think Spanish Royals just refrain from displaying affection in public. They are entitled to that. If I recall, King George V of Great Britain was deeply in love with his wife, Mary of Teck. Yet there was no canoodling in public. Just because we don't see them slobbering over each other does not mean that they don't truly love each other.

I think that Felipe and Letizia are in love, and they respect each other. If Isabel Sartorius can say that Felipe deeply loves Letizia, and if he can threaten to give up the throne just to be with her, I think the love is genuine.

Hello everyone! i'm new at the forum and this is my first post :)

Imo felipe and letizia are very much in love. i don't think felipe looks uncorfortable around letizia, i believe he is a little more shy and reserve when it comes to express his feelins in public in a physical way.

Besides let's not forget his mother was sitting next to him! :p

nilah said:
Is it true love or just an arranged marriage? What do you think?

In my opinion , Letizia was not Felipe’s choice.
Quite frankly, letizia was not your choice, and never will be, so please leave felipe out of it.
icon8.gif

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
I don't feel it is an arranged marraige but I don't feel it is true love either. There is something about the couple that makes me wonder how many years the love that they have right now will last. I hope I'm wrong because I don't wish anyone to get a divorce.
Let's face it, you do wish this couple falling apart. Just reading between thelines. People often say they don't wish blah to some couple, but they do see the crack. How is it you are so sad about this couple and wish them to last forever. Interesting point of view. That's not sincere talking. If you don't like a couple, no amount of words can pursuade you. And that's what you see on the forums, people take sides often because likes and dislikes, quite subjective imo.
Who's to say true love will last and who's to say the marriage will break, and that includes the judgement for every couple on this planet?
What you see is what you get, and right now they are married.
icon6.gif

Wonderful lori all the things you say. I agree very much with your last two comments here. Some people obviously do not like Felipe or Letizia together or seperately and try to pursuade others of the same but they hide it like they mean well for them. This notion of true love between Felipe and Letizia is very subjective and if you like Felipe and Letizia then of course you think they have true love. But if you do not like Felipe and Letizia then you think their love is fake and unsincere. Some people in particular here I see dislike Letizia so much that they make up all sorts of nonsense about her to try and discredit her in the eyes of other people. Like they say she is anorexic or that she needs a nose job or that she does not really love Felipe.

Last edited:
Humble said:

Exactly. Only people bore to death would discover who's "truly: in love. Like you will know.

If there are so many members who don't like this topic, why do they continue to read it and comment on it?

queenanne said:
If there are so many members who don't like this topic, why do they continue to read it and comment on it?
It is because I and others have an opinion about this matter and we should have a say about what we think of others opinions. We shouldn't let all the nay sayers about this couple have the run of this topic. Why do you say that we shouldn't comment anymore?

There are going to be those of us that think that it is true love and those of us who don't. In the whole scheme of the matter, they are married and appear to be doing a good job representing their country. Only they know their true feelings for one another and have to live with the decisions they have made. Time will tell. I wish them a long life of love and happiness.

Last edited:
"Like they say she is anorexic or that she needs a nose job or that she does not really love Felipe".

I think you got me wrong. I did not want to hurt Letizia because of her body . I just don't understand why someone want to lose weight if her body is perfect(was) instead of fixing something (e.g:her nose) that she needs ,if she would like to be more beautiful. Yes, Letizia looked better one year ago. She would not have had to lose weight at all. The nose job was not insult ,just a suggestion.

On the other hands, why can't we say what I think about their relationship? By the way, I like them but I don't believe that it is a true love . We will see who was right a few years later .

nilah said:
I think you got me wrong. I did not want to hurt Letizia because of her body . I just don't understand why someone want to lose weight if her body is perfect(was) instead of fixing something (e.g:her nose) that she needs ,if she would like to be more beautiful. Yes, Letizia looked better one year ago. She would not have had to lose weight at all. The nose job was not insult ,just a suggestion.

On the other hands, why can't we say what I think about their relationship? By the way, I like them but I don't believe that it is a true love . We will see who was right a few years later .
I don't have you wrong at all. I think of you what I do based on your comments here. You have either started or posted in several threads how clearly you dislike Felipe and Letizia whether it is that you think she is anorexic when you have not studied her medical records, that you think she needs a nose job, that she and Felipe are more boring than Frederik and Mary and more.
How do you know Letizia is intentionally losing weight? For some people losing weight is easier than it is for others. With all the changes in Letizia's life and the hectic pace she has kept up with it would be natural for someone who has a predisposition to losing weight easier or a faster metabolism in general to lose weight quickly without doing anything to try.
You are judging Letizia without knowing her and making all sorts of rash and hurtful comments about someone you have only seen in pictures or on video. What is wrong with her nose? Maybe she likes her nose as it is. Perhaps she is not as vain and shallow as others who judge her are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom