Infanta Sofia's possible godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think Felipe and Letizia will choose?

• Infanta Elena or Jaime de Marichalar

Votes: 47 31.1%
  • Infanta Cristina or Iñaki Urdangarín

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Jesús Ortiz or Paloma Rocasolano

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • Menchú Alvarez (Letizia's paternal grandmother)

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Francisco or Enriqueta Rocasolano (Letizia's maternal grandparents)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Telma Ortiz (Letizia's sister)

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • Members of another Royal Family (please specify)

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Other suggestion, please specify

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree, I think it is Elena rather than Cristina; and Elena is also the older one, so it seems logical that it would be "her turn first".

Godmother maybe Elena.. and godfather I wouldn't know, maybe Prince Pavlos of Greece although he's not catholic so maybe not.

I think it would be Elena and Jaime, but I would prefer Cristina and Iñaki, but in these two possibilities we have problems since King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are Leonor's grandparents and we would have just Felipe's relatives as godparents. Maybe they will chose Telma and some Felipe friend or relative.

godmother defenitely would be infanta elena
godfather jesus ortiz or one of felipe's cousin

I think Infanta Elena and Jaime. Both Infantas seem to be very close to the Princes but Elena is older so she should have precedence, but who knows...

Monna said:
I think Infanta Elena and Jaime. Both Infantas seem to be very close to the Princes but Elena is older so she should have precedence, but who knows...

I believe Elena and Letizia are close so Elena might be the godmother.

I'm 99% sure that Telma will be a godmother and a godfather one of the Gomez-Acebos or Zuritas or maybe another cousin/friend. One of the Infantas is a possible choice too, I like them both so don't really care which one of them :lol:, probably Elena, as she is older and leaves in Madrid, so near little Sofia.

I think Thelma (now Letizia only has a sister, so she will be more near to the girl) and Marichalar or Urdangarin...

I didn't know queen Sofia already was godmother of Leonor..yes you are right, it would be strange to have two same godmothers for both children

principessa said:
I believe that Infantin Elena, Telma Ortiz and one princess of the greek family of Queen Sophia.

There can be only one godmother and one godfather

I still prefer Paloma. If she would want be a godmother to her grandaughter.

Just wonder how about Princess Irene?

Last edited:
Have we forgotten the maternal grandmother?

I think that the godmother would have to be Paloma Rocasolano, Letizia´s mother.She wasn´t the Leonor´s godmother and now the princes of Asturias´s second daughter is named like the paternal grandmother and...what happens with Paloma? this woman deserves it because Sofía also is her granddaughter and because she has happened for very sad moments recently.
Paloma would be the best election without a doubt.

Last edited:
Acording to El Semanal Digital the most voted godparents are:

1.- Paloma Rocasolano or Infanta Elena.
2.- Prince Pavlos of Greece or some of the sons of Simeon of Bulgary.

My choice is Telma Ortiz... or Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín.

Maybe they will have Paloma Rocasolano and Jesus Ortiz after having the King and Queen for Leonor. However perhaps as she is 3rd in line after Leonor they may wish to have a royal as her godparent.

Perhaps Paloma and Beltran/Bruno Gomex-Acebo
Infanta Christina and Inaki Urdangarin

It was said in Hola! that there are some rumours about Paloma being a godmother. I don't know if it's true or not, but I think one godparent will be from mummy's site and another one from daddy's.

Anyway, I hope they will announce both godparents and the date of the christening soon. As far as I remember, the news of the Kings as Leo's godparents was known about 1.5 months after the birth. On the other hand, other Spanish royal kids were babtized quite quickly...

Last edited:
I think that Sofia's godmother will be Paloma or Cristina! .. any of the two would be nice! .. and her godfather mmmm .. i believe that will be prince Pavlo!

Last edited:
i think is Paloma
i don't think that there are another part of felipe's family
sofia is the name of the queen
leonior godfater are the king
my god!!! letizia have a family too!!!!

Hahaha its true, I would like that sofi's godmother be the mom of letizia or letizia's sister .. but I believe that it will be on felipe's part!

Godmother: Paloma Rocasolano or Telma Ortiz
Godfather : Prince Pavlos of Greece

Now we know Infanta Sofia's godparents, Paloma Rocasolano and Kostantin of Bulgaria, Prince of Vadin, we can close this thread.

Here is the list of all those who guess that Infanta Sofia's Godparents would be Paloma Rocasolano and Prince Kostantin of Bulgaria. :)

The only one, who guessed both Godparents, was fanletizia. :flowers:
DonnaK and lula were the only ones, who guessed correctly the godfather would be Princ Konstantin (though a few others guessed it would be a Bulgarian Prince). :flowers:

The list of those, who guessed Paloma Rocasolano will be Godmother (in chronological order):
1. Carlota guessed here
2. lilytornado guessed here
3. magnik guessed here
4. Lauritas138 guessed here
5. crm2317 guessed here
6. LaChicaMadrilena guessed here
7. BeautyLeonor guessed here
8. infanteleonor guessed here

The list of those, who guessed Prince Konstantin:
1. DonnaK guessed here
2. lula guessed here

Those who guessed a Bulgarian Prince (but didn't name Konstantin):