Infanta Leonor's First Birthday: October 31, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks so much like the Queen and Felipe on the first one.

ouch...... I want to see her again! She must have grown very much.

I love the fourth picture.. she's smiling how sweet :wub:
I can't wait to see photos of her first birthday :wub:

thanks for those caps, agm! they're lovely. Leo is lovely.:wub: i look forward to a photo session, or even the releasing of official photos. i just hope they won't do a repeat of that awful Photoshopped pics they did for christmas. ;) :flowers:

crisiñaki said:

http://www.especialeshf.com/10minuto/cumple_leonor_06/cumple_15.htm?r=dm
Happy, prime Birthday! “All the cousins we met the 29 of April in Barcelona to celebrate the quarter “fulfills” of Miguel, who was the 30. The boys went than the girls better, because Victoria Federica is the only greater girl and Irene and I am small, reason why we must be in arms or the cradle hoping to that some wants to play with us”.

I ran that through a translator, but I think that's SO adorable. Leonor and Irene wait in the cradle hoping someone wants to play with them. :wub:

morhange said:
http://www.especialeshf.com/10minuto/cumple_leonor_06/cumple_15.htm?r=dm
Happy, prime Birthday! “All the cousins we met the 29 of April in Barcelona to celebrate the quarter “fulfills” of Miguel, who was the 30. The boys went than the girls better, because Victoria Federica is the only greater girl and Irene and I am small, reason why we must be in arms or the cradle hoping to that some wants to play with us”.

I ran that through a translator, but I think that's SO adorable. Leonor and Irene wait in the cradle hoping someone wants to play with them. :wub:

i agree! such a cute thought. ;)

i find this one funny too (i'm doing a rough translation here, i hope it's correct!):

http://www.especialeshf.com/10minuto/cumple_leonor_06/cumple_6.htm?r=dm
On the 27th of December 2005 we arrived at Lanzarote to spend the New Year. My mother put on me jeans that are a little uncomfortable. And my papa was so besotted with me, he kept placing me so close to his chest that my nose was getting pinched and i couldn't breathe!
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
http://www.especialeshf.com/10minuto/cumple_leonor_06/cumple_10.htm?r=dm

"After I got christened in that beautiful pile I fell asleep. I was dreaming about stuffed animals, that's why I'm smiling":wub::wub::wub:

http://www.especialeshf.com/10minuto/cumple_leonor_06/cumple_11.htm?r=dm

"We spend all the Holy Week with my dad's family in Mallorca. Irene and I got blue outfits, of all my cousins I get along best with her 'cuz we are almost the same age. Grandma played with us"

http://www.especialeshf.com/10minuto/cumple_leonor_06/cumple_19.htm?r=dm

"On August 8th we were received by the Pope in Valencia. As our grandparents and Aunt Elena were there, my cousin Froilan was very well behaved but I took advantage of everybody's distraction and pulled Juan's hair. As I'm little, my cousin didn't complain.

http://www.especialeshf.com/10minuto/cumple_leonor_06/cumple_20.htm?r=dm

"Here I wanted to pull a prank on my dad and I stuck my finger in his nose but he didn't scold me 'cuz I'm too little to follow protocol"

http://www.especialeshf.com/10minuto/cumple_leonor_06/cumple_21.htm?r=dm

"I already wave like a Princess! My "amama" Sofia taught me how to do it. I sailed a lot this summer in the "Fortuna" and I never got dizzy"

thanks for those translations cris! Diez Minutos' staff ought to join us at the Caption This! thread (or we could join them!). ha ha :D

Last edited by a moderator:
RhapsodyBrat said:
thanks for those translations cris! Diez Minutos' staff ought to join us at the Caption This! thread (or we could join them!). ha ha :D

Always to the orders Rhap!
And I believe they should hire you, as one of the Caption This Masters of TRF!:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.elpais.es/articulo/agenda/Leonor/soplara/vela/elpporgen/20061029elpepiage_1/Tes/

Leonor will blow of a candle

The daughter of the princes of Asturias is on Tuesday one year and already she gives her first steps

On Tuesday there will be a small family party in the residence of the princes of Asturias in which the infanta Leonor will blow of her first candle. The day before, the House of the King will distribute to the mass media three photos of the girl on the occasion of her birthday. These portraits are those that they put of manifest that treats itself about the birthday of the heiress of the inheritor and that because of it the celebration has also an institutional facet.

But except these punctual exceptions, the first year of life of the first daughter of don Felipe and dona Letizia is alike in the daily thing that of any baby.

The information that the House of the King facilitates on the small one is scanty. " There is no much that to tell. She is starting speaking and already she gives her first steps ". The prince Felipe in his last acts has made concrete that his daughter stutters " dad and mom " and that the clearest word that she says is "a" "water"., the King, seems to her grandfather that she is called him something similar to "ababa".

Leonor in the last weeks beside climbing full speed for the corridors of the palace of the Zarzuela gives her first steps helped by her parents. " If they take her of the hands already she walks. It is clear that alone she will come untied rapidly ", tell friends of the Princes.

The upbringing of the infanta, the seventh grandson of the kings of Spain, and second in the line of succession to the throne, is normal. " She has given us not even an alone bad night and scarcely she hasn´t had a cold since she was born ", has made clear the proud father.

Even this way the health of the small one has been an object of all kinds of conjectures, " all the groundless ones ", as it is highlighted from the House of the King. " Of this girl it has been said of everything: that if she was deaf, that if she was sick. Barbarities ", says a speaker.

The queen Sofía, knowledgeable of the rumors, in some meetings of photos of this summer in Palma called by her name the small one, who rapidly turned the look towards her grandmother.

The small spot that has in the straight nostril also has been an object of different speculations. The official version is that it is a question of an angioma, something very normal in the babies, that it disappears for yes only.
The one who more has suffered silently all the infundios that have been said of the infanta Leonor in these her first 12 months of life has been the Princess.

Dona Letizia is a protective mother in end, which worries so much of the daily life of the small one as of what is said of her.

Leonor has a babysitter, but if the Princess is in house it is she who is busy with giving her with eating, with bathing her and with playing with her. Those who are employed at the palace of the Zarzuela tell that it is habitual to see dona Letizia pushing Leonor's car for the gardens or leading her in arms to visiting the Kings, whom she sees almost every day.

Dona Letizia also is accustomed to go with her daughter occasionally to the offices of palace in order that they all know the girl.

The Princes at the moment have not thought that Leonor goes to a child-care. " She is very littlt ", has said don Felpe. They have not also decided to what college she will go. But yes it seems that her formation will develop in a private college since it happened with the Prince, that he studied in the Rosales.

When Leonor begins to speak with fluency they will start teaching her English and, then, French. " Her formation will be the necessary one for the role that she has to recover. It will be probably a multidisciplinary education ", says a speaker of the House of the King. Also there is contemplated the possibility that Leonor receives military formation when she is 18 years old if it is the call of reigning. " But still much is absent ", are warned by them in palace.
At the moment, Leonor is charmed with the stories that her mother reads, pawned in that from small gets fond of the literature as her. Her first great change will come in spring when she stops being the only daughter.

http://www.eldiariomontanes.es/prensa/20061029/sociedad/felicidades_20061029.html

Congratulations!

The Infanta Leonor expires this week her first year of life without the mysteries have cleared up themselves on the succession to the Wreath

Next Tuesday the first-born one of the Princes of Asturias will expire her first year of life; an event that she will celebrate, as any girl of her age, between the caresses and "carantoñas" of her family. Following the tradition, Leonor will have a tart prepared with the only candle that probably she will extinguish with the help of the others.

Behind there stay 365 days in which, without being conscious of it, she has turned the protagonist of any act at which she has been present and her image has filled of tenderness carried of newspapers and magazines. It has been one year in which the girl has not given a bad night, has not had the minor problem of health - not even " a cold ", Don Felipe remembered - and in that one has not seen her to cry publicly (they say that she does not do it privately either).

Probably some stew, which remained in it, the same day that appeared him before the Virgin of Atocha. It has not also gone to any more the small angioma that went out for her in the nose, a spot that, in most of the cases, is in the habit of disappearing alone in the first years of life.

On the verge of expiring one year, the Infanta has overcome already that stage in which she turned into the most rapid "gateadora" of the Kingdom and now all herefforts direct for to look for supports, as curtains or furniture, to get up. If there is something that calls the attention in this fair girl and of blue eyes it is her curiosity, her way of observing attentivly all that happens around it without surprising anybody, not even the flashes of the cameras. Also she is in this age in the one that tries to seize everything what she finds to her scope, already be the sunglasses of the Queen, the bracelets of the Princess or the hair of anyone of her seven cousins - six paternal ones and mother one-, that fit the pulls with laughs.

Like the Kings did with the Prince and the Infantas when they were small, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia try that Leonor grows in an as normal as possible environment, removed from privileges, and that plays with other children, since they are " her cousins and the children of friends ", the Prince explained.

But neither he nor his wife can prevent they from illuminating the face in all that there is mentioned the name of their daughter. A girl who, according to her father, " already walks of the hand " and which first word has been "neither " "dad" nor "mom", but "water".

Opposite to what many people could think, she is the own Princess who deals with her daughter during the day and the night, and the girl only stays to the care of the babysitters when Dona Letizia has to be present at some act out of the Palace. In order to pass the major possible time with Leonor, since she was born the small Dona Letizia has tried to avoid the long trips and to return to sleep to her residence of The Zarzuela when she has had to accompany the Prince in short displacements.

But apart from the family happiness that provoked Leonor's arrival the world, her birth supposed a fact of great institutional and dynastic transcendency for the parliamentary Monarchy. In fact, it was the first birth of an Infante or Infanta of Spain from was doing 37 years. Leonor is also the only one of seven grandsons of the Kings - the eighth one will be born in May - which godfathers are Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía. Though the King supported Felipe Juan Froilán, the major son of the Infanta Dona Elena, the Queen had not coupled till now any of her grandsons.

Since she came to the world, the second place has been assigned to Leonor in the line of succession to the Wreath, behind her father. An attribution that, while she was the only daughter, was not admitting doubts. Nevertheless, the birth of her brother or sister might change radically Leonor's destiny. If the baby for that Dona Letizia waits is another girl, the first-born one of the Princes she will continue occupying this second place. But what will happen if the Princes have, now or later on, a son? In the mind of all there is foreseen a constitutional reform in order which the first-born one, independently of that she is a male or girl, turns into the Inheritor of the Wreath. But the future is unpredictable. Though it does not seem to Leonor to matter for her.

Only two more days! I can't wait.:ROFLMAO: Will the infantas be attending the party with their kids?

ladejesus said:
Only two more days! I can't wait.:ROFLMAO: Will the infantas be attending the party with their kids?

If the Principes organize some party, it will be in the Zarzuela, and I do not believe that we see anything. It will be necessary to expect and to see if some information filters. But at the moment it seems that alone we will see some official photo of the girl and already.:ermm:

I hope that if that go the Infants to the birthday on the following day is celebration and the cousins do not have school,but I am not sure that we see it will be private I imagine. :flowers: :ermm:

lula said:
If the Principes organize some party, it will be in the Zarzuela, and I do not believe that we see anything. It will be necessary to expect and to see if some information filters. But at the moment it seems that alone we will see some official photo of the girl and already.:ermm:

by the way lula the photos of Leonor are distributed tomorrow? :ermm:

perhaps they are released on the same day?

i really hope that if they do a party they pose for photographers just as the dukes of palma did for juanito's (?) birthday... :)

monica said:
by the way lula the photos of Leonor are distributed tomorrow? :ermm:

It seems to be that. In El País newspaper, they say that they are only 3 photos, it will be necessary to wait to tomorrow to see it. It seems that they will be only official photos, how those that were done the day that went out of the clinic or them of 30 Anniversary of the King in that he and the Prince were appearing. It comments on the press, tomorrow we will see.;)

lula said:
It seems to be that. In El País newspaper, they say that they are only 3 photos, it will be necessary to wait to tomorrow to see it. It seems that they will be only official photos, how those that were done the day that went out of the clinic or them of 30 Anniversary of the King in that he and the Prince were appearing. It comments on the press, tomorrow we will see.;)

ok,thank you very much tomorrow we will see although they are official photos can be very beautiful. :wub:

lula said:

so perhaps it will be one of leonor and parents, other with leonor, parents, the king and queen and other also including letizia's parents? mmm... i must say that although i love official photos, it would be so much nicer if they showed more 'everyday' photos, like the ones they released in denmark... and perhaps more quantity.

but, again, i won't complain. :) i'm sure they are lovely protocolar photos, like everything the spanish family does, to suit the role of the little infanta and her future position as monarch.

On the list of 'upcoming events' it says Leonor's birthday is 30th October :ermm:
Well anyway, I was really looking forward to seeing the photos of Leonor and now I've realised that because I'm going away for the week, I won't be able to:blink:

So I'll say it now: HaPpY bIrThDaY Leonor...FeLiCiDaDeS! :flowers:

carlota said:
perhaps they are released on the same day?

i really hope that if they do a party they pose for photographers just as the dukes of palma did for juanito's (?) birthday... :)

It is very complicated, and I do not believe that they do it.:ermm:

They are very different circumstances. The Infanta Cristina is in the habit of doing it, she lives in Barcelona in a residential zone, they go out to a small park that exists next to her house, pose a few minutes for a little group of photographers who are there and it is ended. It is something a bit unexpected. The Infanta Elena does not do it, she lives in the center of Madrid, in a flat, and to do it in the center of Salamanca's neighborhood is more complicated enough.

If they do party they can distribute some photo, but in the Royal House the private ceremonies are deprived, and they are not in the habit of doing it. And I do not believe that they want to organize a great session of photos for the whole press that would be a great madness. It is Madrid, is The Zarzuela and many journalists been interested in the little Infanta.

First it dedicates a news article to the first year of Doña Leonor
First it will emit today, within the program ' Hour ceró, a news article with occasion of the first birthday of infant Leonor. It will be to the 24,30 times of the night, after the aid ' Sight who dances '. ' Hour ceró is a space that offers subjects of the social present time and is presented/displayed by Francis Fernandez. ' Infant Leonor, añó does a retrospective one of the first anniversary of the daughter of Princes de Asturias and will approach it legal doubts that she raises his birth in the Spanish Constitution, in concrete in his article 57, which prime in the successory line the man on the woman. The first-born of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia arrived at the world the 31 from October from the last year in a childbirth by Caesarean that had like scene the clinical Madrilenian Ruber.

http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/prensa/20061030/television/primera-dedica-reportaje-primer_20061030.html

and in tve international
00:30 HORA CERO

INFANTA LEONOR, AÑO UNO (18)

http://www.rtve.es/

In "20 minutos" there is a big gallery of photos of all this year with infanta Leonor.

To 18 days of being born, there was a book on her.

To a few months, she had a tart dedicated.

The expectation that surrounded the birth of the Infanta Leonor, on October 31, 2005, only is comparable to the commotion that her parents mounted on having publicized their commitment, two years before she was born.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/167234/0/leonor/cumple/ano/

Last edited:
"El Semanal Digital" , publishes today an article about the parallel lives of The Principes of Asturias and others royals couples.

On October 30, 2006. They married almost simultaneously, and almost simultaneously they remained pregnant women. Small princes and princesses gave to light heiresses, all of plebeian mothers. But this one is not the only parallelism that calls the attention.

The familiar planning of the royal European houses works in parallel and stripes the perfection. During the eighties and nineties it was the royal British house the one that it was nourishing to the pink press of news on royal births, as the children of the princes of Wales Carlos and Reveille: Guillermo in 1982, Enrique in 1984, and the children of the dukes of York, Andrew and Sarah Ferguson: Beatriz, in 1988 and Eugenia, in 1990. And also of royal weddings like that of the prince Eduardo and Sophie Rhys-Jones in 1999, besides the divorces of the princess Ana and of Carlos and Diana.

Nevertheless, with the new century the royal houses of Spain, Denmark, Norway and Holland are those that mark the guideline, with permission of the princes of Belgium, Philip and Matilde, that they distinguish more for their discretion and for their pregnancies - three - the wrong way from the others, that for their presence in the tabloides.

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/58368.asp?tt=

Nothing yet! So they will not be doing a photosession, maybe some informal photos....

biboquinhas said:
Nothing yet! So they will not be doing a photosession, maybe some informal photos....

Informal photos are always cutier than official ones. I'd like to see a mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom