Ibero-American Summit: Panama 2013,Mexico 2014,Guatemala 2018,Dominican Republic 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Felipe VI arrives in the Dominican Republic to attend the XXVIII Ibero-American Summit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for including this link! Do you know why this is happening? Do Sanchez and Felipe have a good working relationship?

I think the King and the presidente del Gobierno de España have a respectful and businesslike relationship, as it should be.

But of course Pedro Sánchez is from the PSOE (Labour) and that is not the most royalist party, to use an understatement. In honesty I see not so much difference in royalist attitude by Felipe González, Jose María Aznar, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, Mariano Rajoy and Pedro Sánchez. As long as the King remains in his constututional playground, the Cabinet will respectfully let him play with his toys, so to say. (This is similar in all constitutional monarchies anyway).

Last edited:
I think the King and the presidente del Gobierno de España have a respectful and businesslike relationship, as it should be.

But of course Pedro Sánchez is from the PSOE (Labour) and that is not the most royalist party, to use an understatement. In honesty I see not so much difference in royalist attitude by Felipe González, Jose María Aznar, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, Mariano Rajoy and Pedro Sánchez. As long as the King remains in his constututional playground, the Cabinet will respectfully let him play with his toys, so to say. (This is similar in all constitutional monarchies anyway).

Pedro Sánchez publicly stated that he is personally a republican. I don't think any of his predecessors whom you quoted did that.

Pedro Sánchez publicly stated that he is personally a republican. I don't think any of his predecessors whom you quoted did that.

Even Doña Letizia's very own family declared temselves to be republican (inclucing Letizia Ortiz). As long as a confession is by word and not by deed....

King Felipe meeting the President of Uruguay Luis Lacalle today:

.. meeting the President of the Dominican Republic President of the Dominican Republic:

.. meeting young participants in the Ibero-American Summit of Young Leaders:

..and attending an event on the Ibero-American Programme for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities:

Videos of the summit itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgeiupRQ_Kw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zslD-o7KOF8

Last edited:
Even Doña Letizia's very own family declared temselves to be republican (inclucing Letizia Ortiz). As long as a confession is by word and not by deed....

No. Letizia's family never publicly declared itself republican, and neither did Letizia. Only one of Letizia's aunts came out as a republican.
The parents, the sisters or Letizia herself never declared themselves republicans, at least publicly.

King Felipe at the first plenary session yesterday, March 25:

Thank you for sharing all the videos. The program was very diverse focusing on supporting and encouraging thr young people, the disabled...etc.

The King seemed very relaxed and happy.

Back
Top Bottom