Guess the sex of Felipe and Letizia's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What does your feeling say? A boy or a girl for Letizia and Felipe?

• A boy

Votes: 110 58.5%
  • A girl

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Both. They will get twins

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lena

Heir Apparent
City
Mandø
Country
Denmark
Here is a thread, where you can guess the sex of the Royal baby. And where you can discuss, how and if this may affect the succession rights (constitution).

Personally I´ve the feeling it´s a boy. And even, when I would be wrong, I guess the constitution won´t be changed...and when the girl would get later a brother, he would become king.

Last edited:
Lena said:
Here is a thread, where you can guess the sex of the Royal baby. And where you can discuss, how and if this may affect the succession rights (constitution).

Personally I´ve the feeling it´s a boy. And even, when I would be wrong, I guess the constitution won´t be changed...and when the girl would become later a brother, he would become king.

Lena, I read in El Mundo and ABC (both Spanish newspapers) that there is a movement to pass a reforendum to change the constitution so that the first born no matter what sex is the heir to the throne. However, they don't think they have enough time to pass it before the little prince or princess is born. The question remains whether if the reforendum passes if it is retroactive to this baby if it is a girl. My question is if they make it retroactive wouldn't it also change the current order of succession? How would they word it. It will be interesting to watch.

Last edited:
Ennyllorac said:
Lena, I believe that they are working on changing the constitution. I read it in one of the Spanish papers. I will see if I can find it and share it with all.

I know the PM has been saying for some time that he thinks the Constitution should be changed to give equal rights.

Ennyllorac said:
Lena, I believe that they are working on changing the constitution. I read it in one of the Spanish papers. I will see if I can find it and share it with all.

It would be great and I would welcome it (though I can also see the "tradition part"...but now almost all european Monarchies have the cognatic primogeniture, so it would be quite hard for the first born child, when it would be a girl). I wonder, if just the more liberal parties have picked it up, or if there´s really a chance for a majority in the parliament (???)

Ennyllorac said:
Lena, I read in El Mundo and ABC (both Spanish newspapers) that there is a movement to pass a reforendum to change the constitution so that the first born no matter what sex is the heir to the throne. However, they don't think they have enough time to pass it before the little prince or princess is born. The question remains whether if the reforendum passes if it is retroactive to this baby if it is a girl. My question is if they make it retroactive wouldn't it also change the current order of succession? How would they word it. It will be interesting to watch.
From everything I have heard they would say it would start with Felipe and Letizia's children as Felipe was raised as an heir and Elena was not. Although Carl Phillip of Sweden was named heir whan he was born the change in succesion happened so early in their lives that they changed it to Victoria.

I think it will be a boy. Just a gut feeling, but who knows....maybe they will end up with twins- a boy & a girl.

Ennyllorac said:
The question remains whether if the reforendum passes if it is retroactive to this baby if it is a girl. My question is if they make it retroactive wouldn't it also change the current order of succession? How would they word it. It will be interesting to watch.

What I saw today on TVE was Zapatero proposing the change. He said specifically that it wouldn't affect the current Prince of Asturias. I believe that, if the referendum passes while Felipe is the Prince of Asturias, there'll be no problem, since all of his kids will be styled as Infantes or Infantas, independently of the succession order.

If they changed the laws would they also change "Prince of Asturias Awards/Foundation" to Princess later on?

my vote going be girls for Letizia because equal tied each by girls 7 and boys 7 oh yikes!

Sara Boyce

well, if they follow history then it'll be 2 girls followed by a boy. But if they follow the trends of Pss Eleana and Christina then it'll be boy first!

but given their perfect record, they'll probably have a boy!

A baby boy

:) I think a baby boy

all future crown baby is girl
Belgium - Princess Elizabeth
Norway - Princess Ingrid Alexandra
Netherlands - Princess Catharina Amalia
Denmark - Princess Mary is pregnant I think a baby girl
I think only baby boy prince have for Spanish Royal Family

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a boy! It would be kinda strange if almost all future monarchs in Europe would be women, I think a diversity with a mix of reigning Kings and Queens would be nice. Of course it will be a majority of women one day, because so many heirs are girls now - but there's William, and I'm hoping for a boy of Felipe & Letizia.
fam11.gif

i voted it is going to be a girl, but now i have change my mind, since i listened the words of the king and prince yesterday, they seemed very confident there was no need to modified the constitucion any time soon.

to me that means it is boy! ;)

Well, I guess three months is a little bit early to tell the sex of the child. God knows I had a friend who didn't know until the 6th month. I believe that in Boys pregnancies the bellies tend to appear faster than in the ones of Girls.

So, I think it is a girl by all means.

Peñafiel said today on the Maria Teresa campos show that he is 100% sure the baby is going to be a boy.

he has said some crazy stuff before, but he was right about the pregnancy, and he also seems to be very well inform.

what do you think?

sadie said:
Peñafiel said today on the Maria Teresa campos show that he is 100% sure the baby is going to be a boy.

he has said some crazy stuff before, but he was right about the pregnancy, and he also seems to be very well inform.

what do you think?
Pero,Se ve el programa de Maria Teresa en Venezuela Sadie?.:confused:
I think will be a boy.:rolleyes:

Sí, por antena 3 internacional lo pasan en diferido ;)

this time i have to agree with peñafiel i think it will be a boy :D

A little girl because she'll have Felipe wrapped around her fingers the second she is born!

I think it's going to be a boy, but whatever it is, I hope the baby is healthy.

sadie said:

what do you think?
Peñafiel was right this time about Letizia's pregnancy, after a series of previous false alarms (the last one was in December, when he assured us that the announcement was going to be done before the end of the year...). As I said before, if you keep thowing rocks at a house, eventually you'll hit a window, and as Penafiel announced an imminent pregnancy announcement every 3 moth since the wedding (remember that he said she was pregnat in August, December and April...), then obviously he would be right one day...
Also, how on earth can Penafiel have credible sources about the sex of the baby, after 3 months of gestation??? Come on, be reasonable... not even Felipe and Letizia know it 100% sure, as Penafiel!! :D He may have a feeling, as anyone of us has, but that's all...

By the way, I also have a feeling that it will be a boy ;)

Last edited:
It will be a girl !! :D and Frederik & Mary will have a boy ....

well chances are lil bit higher for a girl :) Thats what statistics says. But twins would be funny esp if they had mixed sex twins!

sex of baby for CP Letizia

im not sure what she carry?

Girls? or Boy?

Sara Boyce

I think that it will be baby-boy. Look: quite every first children of the heirs of European throns are girls (CP Philippe from Belgium, Dutch CP W-A and Haakon from Norway have daughters; at the moment we don't know about sex of Fred's child). So I think, that in the future we will have many beautiful queens and one very tall and handsome king. We have to also remember that first children of both Felipe's sisters, Infantas, are boys.

Prince

I think a baby boy for Spanish Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom