"Future Queen poses naked for artist?"

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montecarlo

Nobility
"Future Queen Shown Topless" By Isambard Wilkinson
Source: Telegraph.co.uk

Pictures of a painting showing a topless woman said to be Spain's future queen appeared on a newspaper's website yesterday. The move by El Mundo sabotaged the royal family's wish for a scandal-free build-up to the wedding of Crown Prince Felipe to Letizia Ortiz, a divorced journalist. The website published an article and photograph taken from a Mexican newspaper which alleged that the 31-year-old royal bride may have posed semi-naked for a Cuban-Mexican artist while she studied in Mexico in 1996. She went on to become a television presenter in Spain. The photographs showed a mural, which once decorated a restaurant and then served as a poster for a band. A figure similar to Letizia Ortiz is shown bare-breasted and holding a paper plane. The artist, Waldo Saavedra, said he knew Ms Ortiz and has other paintings and photographs of her. He said he had enjoyed a "professional and friendly relationship" with her. Spanish government officials have bought a safe to keep the divorce papers of the royal bride in so that details of her failed first marriage cannot leak out.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: attachmentb3da06iw0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture does look a bit like her. I'm sure the King and Queen are having a heart attack by now :unsure:

Attachments

• post_11_1071847321.jpg
    post_11_1071847321.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 709
The telegraph is calling it a scandal put the spanish newspapers are not treating it as such. The artist himself said that he invented the image, that he painted the paiting after she left Mexico and that he only used pictures of her face. He claims she was his "muse" not his "model". So, unless a photograph shows up, I'd say people are trying to make this a scandal and it's not.

Originally posted by lucys@Jan 20th, 2004 - 11:06 am
The telegraph is calling it a scandal put the spanish newspapers are not treating it as such. The artist himself said that he invented the image, that he painted the paiting after she left Mexico and that he only used pictures of her face. He claims she was his "muse" not his "model". So, unless a photograph shows up, I'd say people are trying to make this a scandal and it's not.
Thanks, Lucys. IIRC, it was El Mundo that broke the story, no? Are even they not treating it as some kind of scandal? In any event, I found the following excerpt somewhat troubling (insofar as it may create problems in the future):

"The artist, Waldo Saavedra, said he knew Ms Ortiz and has other
paintings and photographs of her. He said he had enjoyed
a "professional and friendly relationship" with her"

Anyway, I think you're right. I think some people, particulary those who were against the marriage to begin with, will try and make a scandal out of this.

Regards,

Sean

Here's what the artist said:

"Saavedra drew the image from various photographs of Letizia's face, and the rest, he clarifies, "was all imagination".

The painter confesses that he had a platonic love for Letizia, who he says is a woman with character, personality and very intelligent."

http://www.diariohoy.net/v5/verNoticia.phtml/html/85128/

Originally posted by Josefine@Jan 20th, 2004 - 11:11 am
Ill move these posts the Letitzia thread at felipes forum....

how many of you think its her?
I would say it is her. Take a look at her body.

Attachments

• DWF15_472501.jpg
    DWF15_472501.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4,150
Waldo Saavedra used her as a muse not a model. He only used her face as an inspiration. There is no scandal. She didn't pose for anybody, Waldo used his imagination. I don't think she would do something like that and accept a marriage proposal from CP Felipe. The whole world would find out about it.

I bet she's pissed that Mr. Saavedra's paintings bearing her face have now been publicized.

Please--even if she did pose topless is that really a scandal in this day and age?

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 20th, 2004 - 3:47 pm
Please--even if she did pose topless is that really a scandal in this day and age?
I think it might be in in Catholic Spain. Particularly amongst the aristocracy.

Sean

I vote yes, I believe it's Letizia in the painting, baring all, welll most of it. I expect more things like this to be coming out about her.

Sheba

Originally posted by Sean.~+Jan 20th, 2004 - 3:54 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ Jan 20th, 2004 - 3:54 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Jan 20th, 2004 - 3:47 pm

Sean[/b][/quote]
And remember how Eva was dragged through the streets for her topless sunbathing pics...

I doubt that Letizia would actually pose topless. She seems smart enough to know that something like that could come back to haunt her. I think the artist is being truthful.

i have aquestion what does felipe say about this and does look like he will go throu with the marrige no matter what his mother says because he takes her opinion very ,very, very sireios he is a real mama's boy so is he going to let he heart speak or his mom and the world he better look at other royals that have been in the same situaccion like crown orince haakon from norway and crown prince william-alexander from the duch family and they are so happy and they just became fathers.so good luck

Another painting has come to light? Interesting. Anyway, doesn't look like her much at all. Doesn't matter. We who have muses don't always need to make it obvious.

Originally posted by lasu+Jan 20th, 2004 - 6:26 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lasu @ Jan 20th, 2004 - 6:26 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sean.~@Jan 20th, 2004 - 3:54 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette
@Jan 20th, 2004 - 3:47 pm

Sean
And remember how Eva was dragged through the streets for her topless sunbathing pics...

I doubt that Letizia would actually pose topless. She seems smart enough to know that something like that could come back to haunt her. I think the artist is being truthful. [/b][/quote]
Hmm, I don't know...Smart people still make stupid decisions...

I agree with Sean. Roman Catholics, especially in Spain, I guess, tend to be very conservative...Though this is just pure speculation on my part, I'm part of the the Asian Roman Catholics.

I'm not totally sold on her, but I agree that things that she might have done in the past shouldn't be held against her. I also apply this to Mabel up in the Netherlands. These women couldn't have known that they would be put through the microscope later on in their lives due to their choices for a husband. Plus, everyone's done something they're not proud of, it only shows that these people, despite being royal, have shortcomings too...

I know that this artist has said that Letizia never modeled for him and that he used his imagination or was simply inspired by her, but the releasing of the most life-like painting of her on her wedding day just seems so sleazy on his part. I think he just wants the publicity and is capitalizing on his (former) association with Letizia.

He looks like a perfect gentleman to me. I suppose you can't tell a book by its cover.

I dont have a problem with someone posing topless per se - I just think it shows a certain lack of judgment which is regrettable (if in fact it is true in this case - which I guess we wont know for sure).

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 11:15 am
I know that this artist has said that Letizia never modeled for him and that he used his imagination or was simply inspired by her, but the releasing of the most life-like painting of her on her wedding day just seems so sleazy on his part. I think he just wants the publicity and is capitalizing on his (former) association with Letizia.
i agree with alxandria. that's too much !!

the past is coming back to haunt her now.

It seems the artists has achieved his objective: attention. Ironically, it seems the foreign press is far more interested in this story than the spanish press. Most of the articles I've seen are from mexico. In anycase, I think I've about had it with this topic. It's getting boring.

Originally posted by Asma2@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 7:19 pm

Waldo stopped calling the Saavedra family. But he never forgot ‘Leti’. He has not insisted on congratulating her on her engagement, because he feels it would distress her. “No matter where she is now, I am still her friend.”
That last line cracks me up. Calling to congratulate her would "distress her." What? As opposed to the joy she will experience when he publically shows one of the portraits on her wedding day... :lol:

Another slimy man looking for attention. Just what the world needs. :rolleyes:

Sorry but it isn't the Letizia's body, only the Letizia's face!!! (trick photography) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom