Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 49: October - November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ana Oramas tells that doña Leticia moved with Fabiola Socas

To mayor of La Laguna , Ana Oramas, qualified the meeting supported between the Princes of Asturias and the hundred of young artists in a so called generational exchange in the room of the dome of the Leal theatre of " very agreeable and natural ", and indicated that doña Leticia moved with the blind singer Fabiola Socas.

Oramas commented that the princess of Asturias said to the singer Fabiola Socas that "she could touch the face and the suit ", and said to her mother who " should approach in order that she saw like is dressed the princess and the heels that she wearss ".

Ana Oramas cuenta que doña Leticia se emocionó con Fabiola Socas. La Laguna, eldia.es

Valencia Newsletter - YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS SEE THE LIGHT
It has been revealed that the upcoming edition of prizes for young Spanish business people that is staged annually by the Spanish Federation of Young Businessmen will take place in the City of Light in Alicante on November 6. The Association also revealed that the ceremonies would be presided over by Prince Felipe of the Asturias and his wife, Princess Letizia.

El Comercio Digital/Algo sobre Letizia
I read this through a translator program. A nice story told by Queen Sofia of Felipe and Letizia falling in love. If I understood correctly, Prince Felipe wanted during his summer vacation in Palma always watch the 3 o´clock news, and the Queen wondered, why. She watched the news with Felipe, Letizia was the news reader. Felipe said that she was beautiful, good at her work and she had style. And one day Felipe said to the Queen that he was in love, with Letizia. The queen asked if she was the woman of his life and Felipe said yes and that he was sure that he and Letizia would be happy together.

I read this through a translator program. A nice story told by Queen Sofia of Felipe and Letizia falling in love. If I understood correctly, Prince Felipe wanted during his summer vacation in Palma always watch the 3 o´clock news, and the Queen wondered, why. She watched the news with Felipe, Letizia was the news reader. Felipe said that she was beautiful, good at her work and she had style. And one day Felipe said to the Queen that he was in love, with Letizia. The queen asked if she was the woman of his life and Felipe said yes and that he was sure that he and Letizia would be happy together.
Great story -- I did read [few years ago] that Felipe did 'notice' Letizia first on TV and that he made a concerted effort to meet, romance & marry Letizia as he knew that she was the one he wanted -- long before Letizia acknowledged the fact of her feelings.

That's really cute. He really made an effort to meet her. Now we know how their love begins... :wub::ROFLMAO:

That's really cute. He really made an effort to meet her. Now we know how their love begins... :wub::ROFLMAO:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn

The nice encounter mentioned in the article must have happened in the summer of 2003, when Felipe & Letizia were already a couple and probably even secretly engaged. I don't believe Felipe would have made his mother aware of Letizia in the summer of 2002 as they had not even been properly introduced back then, that only happened in October 2002. Felipe needed a careful strategy to get his parents involved and making his mother curious by watching boring TV news updates was a clever solution.

The article also mentions that there were no objections against Letizia. I don't believe a second that the Queen was charmed with the tought of a divorced woman on the Spanish throne from the very beginning. Not to forget, Queen Sofia is also a mother who relentlessly fought back another great love of her son, Eva Sannum, for 4 years, despite Felipe's desperate attempts to get her accepted by his family and the public, eg by leaking private holiday pics to the press or even taking her as his dinner partner to the wedding of CP Haakon and Mette-Marit. All in vain when the Kings finally disapproved and they had to split. In Letizia's case, Felipe was determined not to live through another desaster and let his parents spoil another relationship. There are lots of credible sources (eg the book "Tu seras mi Reina") that confirm that the Kings opposed to Letizia in the beginning but finally had to give in and let their son have his way. To say that there were never any objections is only a sugar-coated harmony version of the events.

From the day it was decided Queen Sofia transformed back into the Professional she is, doing her utmost to make her future daughter-in-law a success for the sake of the monarchy and a future monarch Philip VI.

(eg the book "Tu seras mi Reina")

Duke, this book is not a trustworthy source. The journalists who wrote it did it in one month, so a lot of time they did not dedicate. In addition, they are journalists, owners of an agency of gossip, and do not stand out for their ethics. It was written by persons who only worry for doing business, and that in numerous occasions have demonstrated their lack of ethics, professionalism, and their lack of scruples. They have sold persons of those who were saying to be friends, for the business, and have not had problems in paying to delinquents to damage to a woman that they do not like, using for it a girl.

So checks your sources of information, because you have chosen the worst.:ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please remember that this a Current Events thread and not a thread to discuss the courtship of Felipe & Letizia, the feelings of Sofia regarding the courtship, books about the relationship, etc.

Please stay on topic.

ETA: Additional posts have also been deleted regarding Letizia's weight and reasons for possible weight gains. All speculative posts will deleted without notice. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact any of the Spanish mods via PM.

Thank you.

Last edited:
What is Caixa Manresa? Is this a governmental organization, or a charity?

Is a bank, a typical spanish local bank. Caixa (in catalan)= Caja de ahorros (in spanish)= savings box. Caixa Manresa= Manresa Savings box.:flowers:

Thank you, Mapian! I am nearly fluent in Spanish, but I am not at all familiar with Catalan. I was thinking that Caixa was a verion of cruces (not sure why). It was nice to see Felipe and Letizia at this event. Letizia especially looked like she was enjoying herself.

Felipe de Borbón: " ETA is not going to change our system of living together "

The Prince of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón, has condemned the attempt in Pamplona and has sent a " message of solidarity with Navarre, with the of Pamplona ones, with the university and, especially, with the injured men ". Don Felipe has assured that hopes that the injured men it are not " many gravity and that they should re-become rapid ", after which e pronounced, in allusion to the terrorists, who " certainly are not going to change our system of living together ".

Video
rtve.es/noticias - Vídeos - Felipe de Borbón: "ETA no va a cambiar nuestro sistema de convivencia"=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom