Felipe and Letizia's 10th Wedding Anniversary: May 22, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fürstin Taxis

Serene Highness
City
Jupiter
Country
Germany
22 May 2004 in the Almudena Cathedral in Madrid, the Prince of Asturias married Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano :flowers:

I don´t expect any kind of festivities or other foofaraw, but please one nice portrait with the couple and one with Infantitas :innocent:

I'd expect very lowkey & a private celebration,a new photo would be lovely but I won't be getting my hopes up!

22 May 2004 in the Almudena Cathedral in Madrid, the Prince of Asturias married Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano :flowers:

I don´t expect any kind of festivities or other foofaraw, but please one nice portrait with the couple and one with Infantitas :innocent:

Did you remember if we got something at their 5th aniversary? I don´t, but probably they will do the same. But I will like to see some photos too :flowers:

:previous: I don't think there was an official photo for Felipe and Letizia's fifth wedding anniversary, I've Google Imaged it and nothing came up apart from general photos of the couple. Or if one was released, I may have missed it as I wasn't 'following' the European Royals at the time.

Like An Ard Ri, I think the anniversary will be quite low key in the terms of celebrations - I was hoping that there might be a dinner or public service for Queen Sofia's birthday, however in the end we got nothing. I also think it would be great if a family photo was released. Fingers crossed!

Did you remember if we got something at their 5th aniversary? I don´t, but probably they will do the same. But I will like to see some photos too :flowers:

Not to my knowledge :ermm:
I think we will see paparazzo pics of the two going out, but I prefer a photo series ;D

They have not announced anything officially but probably Infanta Leonor will receive her First Communion in May so we will have family photos

That would be nice, wouldn't it?

They have not announced anything officially but probably Infanta Leonor will receive her First Communion in May so we will have family photos

Isnt that quite early? She's only eight years old at this stage, usually its a year later? But maybe that's different in Spain.

They didnt do anything for 5th anniversary but maybe they do something for 10th. Miracles do happen!

Isnt that quite early? She's only eight years old at this stage, usually its a year later? But maybe that's different in Spain.

They didnt do anything for 5th anniversary but maybe they do something for 10th. Miracles do happen!

It's this year since she will be 9 this Oct. School usually goes by the grade, she was said to be the youngest in her class, in a public school, she probably would have been held 1 year back.

ok, thanks. We'll see whether there will be a separate communion at Zarzuela or Leonor with her classmates, trying to keep it private.

Donna, Leonor is on the right school year, and probably in her class there are children who were born in November and December that are younger than her.

The birth year marks the school year, regardless of whether the child was born in January or December. Felipe and Victoria also made their first communion ​​with 8 years because they celebrate their birthdays in July and September.

Duke, probably Leonor like her father and aunts, will make her first communion in the chapel of Zarzuela.

Activities of the Prince and Princess of Asturias in the last 10years

The Royal House has made a summary with the number of official activities undertaken, together or separately.

Trips abroad

Prince and Princess of Asturias - 73 trips to 38 countries
Prince of Asturias - 70 trips to 39 different countries, 38 were inaugurations of Presidents of American Community
Princess of Asturias 3

Official events

Prince and Princess of Asturias 1.516
Prince of Asturias 938
Princess of Asturias 190

Audiences

Prince and Princess of Asturias 248
Prince of Asturias 571
Princess of Asturias 107

Speeches

Prince of Asturias 679
Princess of Asturias 86

La Casa Real festeja el décimo aniversario de los Príncipes con cifras y datos de su agenda - Diez Minutos

Los diez años de Felipe y Letizia como Príncipes de Asturias, en cifras

Last edited:
Lol. Don´t know what to think about this. But well, it´s just again tabloids.

Last edited:
i doubt the spanish RF will release pictures like the danish one, but let's hope i'm wrong!

I've read rumors that there are 10th anniversary photos coming on their anniversary, time will tell.

The Royal House or a reliable source have not confirmed that there will be pictures or something special. On the agenda the Prince and Princess do not have events on 22. We can only hope for a miracle. :rolleyes:

The tabloids have already begun to "celebrate" the anniversary and as usual with Letizia as victim. Nothing new, same story for 10 years. :hammer:

The Royal House is too busy in their campaign to reclaim the image of King Juan Carlos. Just see the agenda of the next week, he is the priority, and not even this aniversary is going to change that... Since Easter, the agenda of the Prince and Princess had few acts, usually boring and with limited presence of the press.

things didnt go exactly to plan, did they. i am sure if F&L had a crystal ball in 2003/2004 and looked into it to see 10 years later and what happened along the way, they would have been horrified. letizia has not won spaniards over and made the monarchy more popular/safe for the next generation, something that is usually expected from (female) consorts who marry the heir and some are lucky enough to succeed (maxima, mary, kate etc). for various reasons the circumstances were against letizia and the topic has been discussed at length in other threads, therefore its not a suprise that the tabloids look back and continue to critizise and not praise this marriage, what else can be expected.

a look back to their wedding day:
La boda de Felipe y Letizia, diez años después

The Royal House is too busy in their campaign to reclaim the image of King Juan Carlos. Just see the agenda of the next week, he is the priority, and not even this aniversary is going to change that... Since Easter, the agenda of the Prince and Princess had few acts, usually boring and with limited presence of the press.

Such a short sighted campaign~ The King's image is as rehabilitated as it's going to get.

I don´t know if this is the right thread to post this.

If someone want to make a "flashback" to May 22th, 2004, I´ve just found that somebody uploaded an almost 5-hour long video of the wedding. It´s the TVE´s broadscast from that day. Enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5JZFKacDY

I was seeing the the beginning of the footage and I just feel sad about those aerial shoots of Madrid in the beggining. 10 years later and I still can´t forgive how much it rained that day :sad: It´s so unusual having days like that one at Madrid´s May! (It´s funny I´m saying this, because today we´re having pretty much the same awful weather :ROFLMAO:)

But old Madrid skyline is so beautiful that I just can´t stand that grey sky. Those first images would have been wonderful with our blue sky (You know, people from Madrid usually will tell you that Madrid´s blue sky is the most beautiful in the world :D)

I watched it all live on French TV 5 which I had on cable and for a change it was sunny in Ireland and raining in Spain!

Back
Top Bottom