Felipe, Letizia & Family on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious as to why some people are so adamantly against the image of Letizia's dress blowing up being published in various publications within Spain and outside.

I agree that it was an embarassing moment but Letizia recovered from it gracefully from what I saw. She didn't run away immediately and hide or refuse to attend any other events the rest of the week because she was so mortified from it.

A royal princess' underwear being shown is certainly not an image that any royal court wants to see projected on international magazine covers or newspapers for sure. But I've never seen it as an occasion, or read a hint of it, as being something that would be detrimental to Letizia's image or the royal family's image or reputations.

To me it was a very unfortunate incident, but a human and normal one. It's happened to me and it's happened to people I know, but it's not the end of the world. You are embarassed in the moment, then you laugh about it and move on.

When Victoria of Sweden or Paola of Belgium's skirts blew up and they were photographed I don't recall people being so upset that they wanted the images removed from this forum or boycotting publications that printed such images.

To me such images reinforce that Letizia is human, and that she is graceful under pressure whatever the circumstances. I think that the incident and its aftermath showed that she is a class act in the way she carried on with the rest of that engagement and in the days that followed.

Alexandra, you are right and wrong, If I may express my opinion, in the same time.

Of course it's a quiet ridiculous windy event and it's not fatal !
Obviously the princess had reacted very well, accurately, with elegance and smiling.

But it's not the problem; we have to appreciate this event in the quiet difficil context in which Letizia has to work : hostility of the old aristocraty and of the archaic catholic backgrounds, permanent critisisms of a garbage-press.
Plus, as far as she is perfectionnist, it's a situation out of control but that some columnists attribute at fault to her, trying to outdo with her way of to get dress.
The Princess can't, more, may not defend herself; it's the reason why I call that the garbage dictatorship and I don't like ANY DICTACTORSHIP !

LaChicaMadrilena said:
From "Que me dices":

They have taken advantage again because they have not obtained what they wanted.

They were trying to create a great scandal, and the only thing that they have obtained is that they criticize them, and the people take the news as a graceful anecdote.

How the things have not gone out since them they wanted they return to the topic. But they are not going to obtain it, it has remained in a graceful anecdote. Now the press is very busy with the death of Rocio Jurado, and this notice of Letizia don´t have interest.

It shows she is human and the wind does not avoid a princess. Being a woman it will happen, to me it was not a big deal . :)

lula said:
They have taken advantage again because they have not obtained what they wanted.

They were trying to create a great scandal, and the only thing that they have obtained is that they criticize them, and the people take the news as a graceful anecdote.

How the things have not gone out since them they wanted they return to the topic. But they are not going to obtain it, it has remained in a graceful anecdote. Now the press is very busy with the death of Rocio Jurado, and this notice of Letizia don´t have interest.

Yes, Lula but I want to add, as I suposed qmd had received a lot of protestations by internet, they are trying now to banalyse the event showing first others women victims of this kind of bad luck, then republishing the litigate pics.

In doing like that they are going on to be totaly unfair because they put again the Princess's pic, but above all they are forgetting that the victim is the Princess of Asturias and not " the others".

For instance Ines Satre had have may be a bad surprise in her bust 's exhibtion but she is a beautiful actress with obviously beautiful bust and this event was not at all at her detriment; while for th Princess it's totally diffrent, we can take obviously the measure of this question if we make the comparaison with all the criticisms about her " Waldo's protraiture ".

IT'PURE HYPOCRYSIS AND SOPHISM FROM QMD AND A ONE MORE ILLUSTRATION OF ITS WILLINGNESS TO MAKE MONEY BEFORE ALL BECAUSE IT'S TOTALY CLEAR THAT IN DOING LIKE THAT QMD WAS NOT A INFORMATION NEWSPAPER BUT A VULTURE WITH AN EASY PREY;

totaly disgusting:eek:

but you have the article so i can read it? thanks in advanced. :)

Dear Adelaide,

For as much I always love your enthusiasm towards Spanish Royal Family specially Princes of Asturias, I think it is time to send this subject to rest.

The incident happened, the pictures are there. But Spanish Royal Family will continue to dedicate their times to Spanish people and I don't think a minor incident like this will interfere a bit.

Like Elsa said at another unfortunate incident, let's take a deep breath, drink one or two glasses of water, and stop talking about this.

Whenever I see this thread on the Portal I run to see the new cover hoping to see litle Infanta Leonor or/and her parents.

The Princes survived the incident with "cruces" so lets us also move on!

First Picture of the Month Poll for Sweden was this kind of unfortunate event. And CP Victoria was leaving a Cathedral after being a Godmother and she SMILED. CP Letizia SMILED. CP Felipe smiled (in fact, he hasn't stop smilling since :D MEN :eek:), let's all smile :)!!!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Dear mtbcm, yes you had to see my " enthousiasm "toward mainly the Princes of Asturias and you are not wrong:)

But, that you don't have understand in my reaction may be " excessive " it's very simple I THINK IT'S ABSOLUTLY INTOLERABLE THAT A PRESS OF VERY LOW INTELLECTUAL LEVEL COULD BE AN ANTI ESTABLISHEMENT FORCE ONLY TO MAKE MONEY WITH THE STUPITY.

It's call a tyrania!

And as we say "for the morality of this discution" and for ending it, LAUGH, PLEASE LAUGH, THE SHOW MUST GO ON !:p :D

Someone knows what it is says the magazine?

One more time a very interested and well documented subject, I suppose...:p :eek: :p :rolleyes: .....

The Presentation of Infanta Leonor to the Virgin of Atocha on the cover of Hola magazine.

(Source: Hola.es)

magazine covers

e36941807cb.jpg
e38351804ce.jpg

rchainho said:
what the german magazines say about leonor?

I think they say something about Leonor being very sick or something. Stupic german tabloids, I don't understand why they have to make up so much crap and can't just write the truth for a change :mad:

princess leonor said:
I think they say something about Leonor being very sick or something. Stupic german tabloids, I don't understand why they have to make up so much crap and can't just write the truth for a change :mad:
I think it's even better--i think they say she's ill and they've taken her to the Virgen to be healed! But someone who speaks german can tell us better.

lucys said:
I think it's even better--i think they say she's ill and they've taken her to the Virgen to be healed! But someone who speaks german can tell us better.

7 Tage says: "Letizia & Felipe: wondrous healing of their little daughter"

Freizeit Revue says: "Letizia form Spain: desperate devout ejaculatioin. How ill is her sweet daughter Leonor?"

for translation have a look at http://dict.leo.org/ this might help

joko said:
7 Tage says: "Letizia & Felipe: wondrous healing of their little daughter"

Freizeit Revue says: "Letizia form Spain: desperate devout ejaculatioin. How ill is her sweet daughter Leonor?"

for translation have a look at http://dict.leo.org/ this might help

Not if they need a new brain, or a book of history...:confused:

but that great imagination:eek: and of very badly taste to play with the health of a baby:mad:

The commentaries of this german magazine are totally...sad,pathetic,ominous,maleficent,malicious...,I could dedicate more adjectives to this infuriate magazine but i´m not going to waste the time.
She is only a baby... why they invent lies???

Last edited:
It is stupid that germany press take princess Letizia as a sale item, they know that Princess Letizia sale a lot of magazines contrary of other princess so now they sai whatever they want, and it is unrespectful

OMG.. they're so freaking stupid!
like Lula said they need a new brain or maybe a history book..

Magazine Hola! ( Photo- Euroimage)

The Princes Of Asturias in Luxembourg

Last edited:
Paty said:
Magazine Hola! ( Photo- Euroimage)

The Princes Of Asturias in Luxembourg

Dearest Paty, can you make a biggest plan on the Princes of Asturias shot ?

Are there othrs pics inside ?

Thanks for your answers:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom