Felipe & Letizia at the 2006 FIFA World Cup

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nayralorenzo said:
For sure she is not pregnant...and I think that is not correct for them to drink beer in public...they are not like the rest of the people. Sorry but I have never seen this in the king or the queen. Very bad impression. Here in Germany the people that were watching the match with me told me that is very bad to see this behaviour in them. Really embarrasing.
I agree with you, nayralorenzo!
They must not forget they're royals! They shouldn't do that kind of things in public!
Many people watch them and see everything they do so they can talk about it! And if that is really beer, i'm sure she will be critized! Besides she must know the protocol and she must do what the protocol says! I'm talking about her but all the Royals must know the protocol!
They're public figures and the example for young people not just in Spain but in the whole world, so they can't do this kind of things!

that is not correct for them to drink beer in public? :eek: who says it? the protocol? Also control what they must drink?:rolleyes:

nayralorenzo said:
For sure she is not pregnant...and I think that is not correct for them to drink beer in public...they are not like the rest of the people. Sorry but I have never seen this in the king or the queen. Very bad impression. Here in Germany the people that were watching the match with me told me that is very bad to see this behaviour in them. Really embarrasing.

It looks like to me a bilge. There were more than 30 degrees were they going to be dehydrated? In Spain, to drink a beer and in summer is the most normal of the world, possibly thousands of Spanish were drinking it while they saw the game.
Have never you seen the Kings drank a beer or a glass of wine in some act?Or simply is it criticized because it is a glass of beer and if it was of coca cola or from water nothing would happen? :confused:

Captures from cuatro

Last edited:
Because you say she? it is that you did not see the prince?:mad:

oh come on. What stupic discussion this is. It's just a glass of bear. So what!!!! It's not like they're drunk or anything. Many royals drink, you should have seen Willem Alexander during the olympics a few years ago. I don't really see the problem. If they have an official dinner nobody critisises royals drinking wine or champagne, but now it's a grave breach of protocol? Stop it, this is ridiculous. Besides beer takes away thirst, which is quite good with this heat!!

...JuAnItA... said:
IBesides she must know the protocol and she must do what the protocol says! I'm talking about her but all the Royals must know the protocol!
They're public figures and the example for young people not just in Spain but in the whole world, so they can't do this kind of things!
Is there a protocol that says you cannot drink beer? Just curious.

lula said:
It looks like to me a bilge. There were more than 30 degrees were they going to be dehydrated? In Spain, to drink a beer and in summer is the most normal of the world, possibly thousands of Spanish were drinking it while they saw the game.
Have never you seen the Kings drank a beer or a glass of wine in some act?Or simply is it criticized because it is a glass of beer and if it was of coca cola or from water nothing would happen? :confused:
It's totaly different!
You can see the Kings driking champagne but they have to!
And i know it's normal! But they are not "normal people" like you and me! They are critized for little things and what can be normal for us, could not be normal for royals! :rolleyes:

It may be orange juice, soda..... What it cares ? Everything they do is criticated. I don't think we have to care about that. In France the journalists just have said "princes are drinking because the weather is very hot" and nothing else. They are allowed to drink without any polemic no ????

planetcher said:
Is there a protocol that says you cannot drink beer? Just curious.
I didn't said that the protocol says it! I just talk about it because i don't think that is that normal in royals! Can you understand?
The protocol says that Royals must have a "good" behavior, and i don't think this behavior was that good! As i said (and lots of people said) they're an example!

One forgot the kings are perfect, they never make nothing bad, the princes are the bad ones.:rolleyes:

It seems to me absurd that they criticize this. There is some rule of the protocol for this?:confused:

I think it is not correct. If they want to drink something they can dring whatever one alcohol. They are not like "thousands of spaniards". They are royals and they have to know where is their place.

CRIS said:
One forgot the kings are perfect, they never make nothing bad, the princes are the bad ones.:rolleyes:
Don't be ironic!
We know they're humans like us! The Kings just have more experience! We cannot compare someone who have been always a Royal, with someone who became Royal in 2004!

CRIS said:
It seems to me absurd that they criticize this. There is some rule of the protocol for this?:confused:
Let's see the reality!
They, and i mean ALL the Royals, are critized for everything what they do!

...JuAnItA... said:
It's totaly different!
And i know it's normal! But they are not "normal people" like you and me! They are critized for little things and what can be normal for us, could not be normal for royals! :rolleyes:

If a person is thirsty drinks, this way of simply.

It was 4 o'clock of the evening and it was hot, they were thirsty and they gave to them a beer. Totally normal. I believe that here some persons that meaningfully and only with intention of criticizing they confuse the things.
A thing they are the fans who get drunk to go to the football matches, and then create controversies and fights.
Another thing, it is the people who drinks a beer in summer because it has be. In Spain it is the most normal of the world, and does not have because to there be no problem.
If they were drinking water would nothing happen? And if it were beer without alcohol? And if it were a tea refreshment?

Probably the difference is cultural. There are people who only drinks alcohol to get drunk. There are people who drinks a beer or a glass of wine, slightly normal, and enclosed how recover and recommended by doctors.

Let's leave the demagoguery.

As far I have seen it in TV it wasn't beer, it looked like soda water with juice. And it was in quite small plastic glasses, beer is served in bigger ones.
Anyway, pics from this match will appear in casareal web site, so I don't think tey would drink beer in front of photogrphers.

They are the princes, and they know than we more what is correct or no; many people saw the party and nobody has said that badly the princes drinking:rolleyes:

...JuAnItA... said:
It's totaly different!

So, they ceased to be human now? They're different... How different? People just need to get some more reliable arguments to criticise them.

There's something called free will, and that's what makes people deciding to drink or not to drink (and how much drinking), and Letizia's image drinking a beer (well, supposing that it was actually beer, I wasn't there, I didn't taste it) won't do any harm.

If they were smoking or doing drugs it would be a whole another subject. But just because she's drinking a glass of beer that makes her an alchoholic that is raising a flag saying that drinking is good and people should do more of it?

It would be interesting to see if you would react so highly against it if it was Queen Sofia drinking and not Letizia.:rolleyes:

It was beer!..what else the people are drinking now in the World Cup??..if u see sometimes the cameras caption people in the steps, and they are drinking beer...the national german drink :cool:

Hallo, I am from Germany, and I think it is apple juice- in my land we trink a lot of apple juice, and it looks much like beer- excuice me for my bad english- for this reazon this is my first post- greetings

In the pictures this "beer" looks more orange, but in TV it was more red, it really looked like tea or juice. We shouldn't judge on bad quality captures.
Besides, it was Felipe who drink most, Letizia only took a sip from what I have seen.

Anyway, SPANISH TEAM HAS WON!!! Do we really have to discuss the problem "Royals and alkohol":D instead of just having fun and celebrating victory?

Last edited:
Adry said:
It was beer!..what else the people are drinking now in the World Cup??..if u see sometimes the cameras caption people in the steps, and they are drinking beer...the national german drink :cool:

It is the normal thing. It is as whom he travels to Spain and does not drink a good wine of Rioja. Or the one who travels to Asturias, land of the Princess, and it does not drink "sidra" (drink that certainly, the Kings took in their visit to a touristic fair of Madrid). It forms a part of the culture.;)

Like in Spain popular culture forms a part that the people take a glass of beer, especially in summer, because it is hot, and not only of water the man lives. :D

What a great game! Not because Spain is one of my favorite countries but I really think they have a good chance to reach a great position in the World Cup. They have better qualitities than the German team... so far I've watched the match today. Anyway, just my opinion ;)
I was wondering as well wheter they drank beer or apple juice. Well, it may not be correct but they enjoyed the game, it was hot... and in fact they are just 2 normal persons.

Sue- said:
What a great game! Not because Spain is one of my favorite countries but I really think they have a good chance to reach a great position in the World Cup. They have better qualitities than the German team... so far I've watched the match today. Anyway, just my opinion ;)
I was wondering as well wheter they drank beer or apple juice. Well, it may not be correct but they enjoyed the game, it was hot... and in fact they are just 2 normal persons.

It has been marvellous!!!!!!

I believe that nobody was trusting in such a good result, let's hope that the things are still like that.

The Princes enjoyed much the game. The commentators of the television always remain surprised with the form in which especially the Princess lives through the games.:p

FROM AP VIA YAHOO

Attachments

• r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 303
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Oh! For goodness gracious sakes! Who cares what they drank! Whether is "was" beer or fruit juice, it really does not make a difference.
It's not as if she guzzled the beer down and asked for another while taking her top off and dancing on a table! Gee whiz! Lighten up! Give them a break!
They were at a sports function, not a political convention or the opening of a children's hospital!!!! Beer and sports go hand in hand. And when in a different country, and offered something to drink, I'm sure they would be polite to accept whatever was handed to them, especially if it was hot outside! As for them setting an example, I think, if it was beer, that they did set a good example by drinking it and not going overboard with it, which a lot of people do, unintentionally, because of the enviroment that they are in. People get caught up in the game and drink beer after beer and then realize that they have had too much to drink.
Too much of an issue being made over something so small! Sheesh!

I agree, leave them alone the are under enough scrutiny as it it is without adding what they can and cannot drink.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/noticias/noticia.asp?id=14476&edicion=14/06/2006&pass=

The Princes of Asturias supported Spain in Leipzig

The Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia, rested to the Spanish selection on their début on the World one of Germany 2006, on the first game)of the group H of the principal intercontinental tilt, which faced Ukraine in the Zentralstadion of Leipzig.

The Princes attended the meeting in the theater box of the stadium of Leipzig in company of the German Franz Beckenbauer, president of the Organizing Committee of the World one and ex-champion of the world as player (1974) and as seleccionador (1990).

Near between others, also they were finding them the secretary of State for the Sport, Jaime Lissavetzky, and the president of the Royal Spanish Federation of Football (RFEF), Angel Maria Villar. The princes vibrated with the game of the selection and 'suffered' with the best occasion that had Ukraine, of Andrey Voronin's strong shot that went out rubbing the set square. Don Felipe waved the hand after this action, as a sign of relief.

The Princes of Asturias were not foreign to the heat that it did today in Leipzig and shared a beer with which they refreshed themselves during the second half. Dona Letizia - who enjoyed the sharm of the Spanish interest, for which enclosed she asked that the princess "was bouncing" when Spain was winning for 3-0-had always a fan in her hands, to reduce the effect of the high temperatures.

After receiving the congratulations of many of the presents in the box of Leipzig, the Princes were dismissed by the 'mythical' Beckenbauer.

From reuters via yahoo

Last edited by a moderator:
Change the subject! She is a human and adult and she can drink what she want.
More important that they have a good fun - thanks to Spanish team.

E Viva España:)

Last edited:
Just it is a beer! to drink beer in Spain while you see a soccer match or with friends is something completely normal that it comprises of our culture… although you are princess of Spain.It seems perfect to me if Letizia wants to to drink a beer in publish, this is completely healthy and natural. You do not exaggerate please! What an absurd debate!!

sesa said:
Oh! For goodness gracious sakes! Who cares what they drank! Whether is "was" beer or fruit juice, it really does not make a difference.
It's not as if she guzzled the beer down and asked for another while taking her top off and dancing on a table! Gee whiz! Lighten up! Give them a break!
They were at a sports function, not a political convention or the opening of a children's hospital!!!! Beer and sports go hand in hand. And when in a different country, and offered something to drink, I'm sure they would be polite to accept whatever was handed to them, especially if it was hot outside! As for them setting an example, I think, if it was beer, that they did set a good example by drinking it and not going overboard with it, which a lot of people do, unintentionally, because of the enviroment that they are in. People get caught up in the game and drink beer after beer and then realize that they have had too much to drink.
Too much of an issue being made over something so small! Sheesh!

alleluja!! Amen!! One think i know for shure, If it was Maxima drinking beer, here in Holland Nobody will care.We will aplaude her for being NORMAL! So Give Letizia a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom