Engagement of Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: November 1, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She's too beautiful for TV news. While you may not want to listen to the news, you still can't have someone too distracting to read the news. How does anybody watch the news when she's on then?

Its all about art .... the Italians also go for knock-out TV anchors, I gather. ;)

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 10:18 am
Sunshine1303   Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 9:48 am

OH MY GOD, I am shocked , how and when is all I wonder. A few months ago there were rumours about Felipe and Christine and now this???????????????

I find all of this a little mystifying
If I understand you correctly, you mean to say that Prince Felipe was "pressured" into the announcement of an engagement ?

I mean there is a certain sense of truth in that, Felipe being the last royal of eligible age .... and I wonder if a bet was made between Crown Princes in Sydney in 2000 ?

However I have to say, I am more than surprised that queen Sofia has actually approved of this match. The lady is question IS a divorcee after all - civil marriage or not. Being a staunch roman catholic myself I do know that divorces are considered distasteful so in that respect I AM surprised that even the cardinal has given this match a green flag.
even when they are annulled by the church ?
even when they are annulled by the church ?

All I was saying is a divorce is a divorce, even though annulled by the church. I am not passing any judgement or criticising Letizia.

Sunshine1303  Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 1:02 pm

All I was saying is a divorce is a divorce, even though annulled by the church. I am not passing any judgement or criticising Letizia.

I agree with you, with a divorce being a divorce. But I know one woman who was of Roman Catholic faith, it was even more important for her to get a churchly annullment ... how come ?

Letizia get married when she has 20 years old and she divorcen one year later besides this marriage was civil and not catolic. Therefore she get married with Prince Felipe.
Today the TV programs have realize some polls and the sapanish accept Letizia in 70%.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 1:08 pm

I agree with you, with a divorce being a divorce. But I know one woman who was of Roman Catholic faith, it was even more important for her to get a churchly annullment ... how come ?
All that I am trying to wonder about here is how on earth did the spainish royal household overlook the divorce aspect so easily. Just look at how the candidates in the past were scrutinized. Eg - Gigi Howard. That is all your majesty. :p

If she was married in 1998 or 1999 (both dates were reported), then she would have been 26 or 27 - old enough to know what you're doing. That was not a youthful stupid mistake.

I wonder why she wasn't married in the Church then. I feel that the divorce is a big problem.

Mia

The Italians do. Problem here it's more of a case with showing leg and blouses that show more and more as the years go by.

Letizia get married when she have 20 years old with a teacher language and he worked in tha same school that Letizia studied.
I have very friends of Spain and they say that in Spain people accept the wedding of Prince felipe.

Letizia get married when she have 20 years old with a teacher language and he worked in tha same school that Letizia studied.

So are you saying that the dates for the marriage, 1998 or 1999, are wrong? Then what year was she married?

Mia

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 1:08 pm
Sunshine1303   Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 1:02 pm

Catholic church does not recgonize weddings outside of their faith-well not exactly, but that is the easist way for me to explain it :huh: . My husband had to convert before we could marry. To them a civil weding does not count, only the marriage vows that take place in the eyes of God. Therefore to the Catholic church, Leticia has not been married.

Therefore to the Catholic church, Leticia has not been married.

And that she lived in sin with a man who was not her husband (at least not in the eyes of "god").

I see a new royal star on the rise. She is gorgeous the only person in my opinion that holds a candle to her beauty is Queen Rania.

Originally posted by tricia@Nov 1st, 2003 - 10:29 pm
Well, it's official...all the crown princes are taken!  :(
:lol: Don't get hopeless! :lol: There is Crown Prince Albert of Monaco left! We singles have just a little bit of hope left to became self one day the next "Queen" of Monaco! :lol:

chuggypot  Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 2:29 pm

only the marriage vows that take place in the eyes of God. Therefore to the Catholic church, Leticia has not been married.

Good point.

which to me explains the speedy consent of the church to this upcoming union.

But I have a question here ...... did Felipe have to "put his foot" down to get his way, like Haakon and Willem-Alexander did (to get permission to marry their ladies) ?

I was curious to know if Leticia is already a practising roman catholic..or will she have to convert to catholicism? Does anybody know?

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 4:16 am
Hehe, EVERYBODY seems to be shocked and surprised the one or another way...we should collect money for such crisis (maybe tomorrow prince Albert will announce that he will marry Liz Taylor ;) ), and buy Valium and send it to very shocked LTR-members.
I think we should wait and see how cp Felipe, Letizia and the Royal couple will explain the sudden engagment. Then we will know more and can judge her better.
:lol: That would be the Hit of the year! Albert and Liz Taylor! :lol:
Valium would be needed lots and lots of many of us LTR-reader.

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 1st, 2003 - 4:22 pm
I think she looks a little bit like Queen Rania.
i just think she looks like isabel sartorias.

http://www.rtl.de/style/754583.php?id=6019

Kronprinz Felipe vergeben

Die Auserwählte ist Journalistin. Einer der begehrtesten Junggesellen Europas ist vom Markt. Das spanische Königshaus gab nun die Verlobung von Kronprinz Felipe mit der Journalistin Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano bekannt. Die Hochzeitsglocken sollen im Frühsommer nächsten Jahres in Madrid klingeln.

Die zukünftige Frau Felipes ist in Spanien keine Unbekannte. Sie moderiert seit mehreren Monaten im staatlichen Fernsehen die Hauptnachrichtensendung im Nachmittagsprogramm. Die dunkelblonde Schönheit mit den Modelmaßen wird, wenn Felipe eines Tages den Thron besteigt, die erste Königin in Spanien aus nichtadligem Hause sein. Sie stammt aus Oviedo in Nordspanien und gilt als eine typische Vertreterin der modernen Mittelschicht.

Zuvor hatte die Beziehung Felipes mit dem norwegischen Fotomodell Eva Sannum für viel Unruhe gesorgt. Da sie Werbefotos für Dessous gemacht hatte, konnten sich die meisten Spanier nicht mit ihr als zukünftige Prinzessin anfreunden. Der Prinz bestritt aber stets, sich wegen des öffentlichen Drucks von der Norwegerin getrennt zu haben.

What will Letizia's title be? Crown Princess? I thought that was just for women will become the ruler.

This engagement is a nice present from Felipe to his mother who turned 65 this weekend.

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 10:57 pm
What will Letizia's title be? Crown Princess? I thought that was just for women will become the ruler.
Nop, for example, Maxima and Mette-Marit are also Crown Princesses and they will not be rulers ;)

Her title will be HRH Princess Letizia of Asturias, Crown Princess of Spain :flower: . And most likely, Princess of Girona and Viana, Duchess of Montblanc, Countess of Cervera and Lady of Balaguer. All titles that Felipe has :p

Back
Top Bottom