Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The spanish press seems really intruisive btw, filming a crying Letizia, or judging from the pitures of Letizia's mother or at the house of Erika. I wish they would give them some privacy to cope with their grief instead of making money out of other people's misfortune.

Marengo said:
The spanish press seems really intruisive btw, filming a crying Letizia, or judging from the pitures of Letizia's mother or at the ouse of Erika. I wish they would give them some privacy to cope with their grief instead of making money out of other people's misfortune.

Unfortunately, this is normal. It is disgusting to tell it, but these people "live" thanks tho these sad circumstances.
Remember Diana's dying video...

Spain's Princess Letizia reacts as she arrives at funeral service for her youngest sister Erika Ortiz Rocasolano at La Paz cemetery in Tres Cantos, near Madrid, February 8, 2007. Spain's royal family on Thursday turned out in force to support the family of Princess Letizia at the funeral of Erika Ortiz who was found dead in her apartment on Wednesday. REUTERS/Sergio Perez (SPAIN) - picture

Oh my God, I am so sad for Letizia :(

attachment.php

Princes Letizia:
The princess has said these words at the exit of the Church, before she has started to cry

" Thanks to all the persons who have felt scarcely for the death of my youngest sister"

Last edited:
Seeing these pictures, I feel sick. I can only imagine what the family must be feeling, their pain and grief. :sad:

I feel for Letizia and here family. I crying when I see these photos:(

Oh Poor Letizia...... It breaks my heart to see her this way

Again, everyone, until and unless there is an announcement as to the fact that there was a suicide, let's not speculate nor comment on this. If you wish to carry on a private conversation about this subject matter, please do it via private message.

Empress

These photos are heartbreaking :sad: I feel so bad for Letizia and her family.

I'm very suprised that the funeral was held already. Its so quick. Its sad if Telma wasn't able to make it.

Those photos speak volumes for the relationship between Letizia and the Royal side of her family, how very moving to see.

In my lifetime I have been lucky in that I have lost two much loved grandfathers, I say lucky as they were old and had lived their lives to the full.

The emotions involved in loosing a young sister or family member must be shocking, and I can;t imagine burying them so soon.

I obviously understand some religions mean you have to have a fast burial but I did not realise this was the case in Spain.

You can see the raw pain on Letizia's face and inside she will feel the same in a few days time but it is not so new.

With my grandfathers we had 3 -4 days to gather our family together, cry, weep and yes I cried on the day of the burial but I could control it a little more.

My heart goes out to the Ortiz family, yes the media must be a pain right now but they have more important things on their minds and it may only be much later they feel angry towards the media.

Last edited:
:cry: :cry: :cry: feel so sad for the family, especially for Letizia.....

The thing i fear most for Letizia is that she might be thinking it's all her fault. If she hasn't had married a public figure...........if her poor sister hasn't been under public eyes because of her marriage..............

godsh......i really hope Letizia will be strong for the sake of her unborn baby, her caring husband and his families, and also for us......:cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Yes, I am quite worried about that too. Her current pregnancy hasn't been that easy for her so far...handling the usual pressure...and now this...

I did not see Letizia's two grandmothers. May be they could not stand on their feet.

Last edited:
so the body was interred today? that is a rather quick funeral. is there a reason why they acted so quickly?

The one of Alicante was there, walking behind Letizia, Felipe, Paloma and her husband.
Don't know if there are photos yet.

fandesacs2003 said:
I do not understand why they are so in hurry for the funerals, they could wait for Queen Sofia and Telma. I would not be "happy" if they did not wait me for my sister's funeral.
Is it a religious obligation in the Catholic Church to do the funeral immediately? I know for muslims yes it is, but for Catholics?

It's a decision of her parents, I thik so. As soon as they received the corpse decided to make the ceremony, responso, not a funeral, and to come to the incineration. (sorry for mi Inglish, a translation)

Oh the pictures of Letizia are so moving. :cry:
When I see her crying I could start crying, too. It must be a horrible day for her. I totally feel with her and the whole family !

YanJP said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: feel so sad for the family, especially for Letizia.....

The thing i fear most for Letizia is that she might be thinking it's all her fault. If she hasn't had married a public figure...........if her poor sister hasn't been under public eyes because of her marriage..............

godsh......i really hope Letizia will be strong for the sake of her unborn baby, her caring husband and his families, and also for us......:cry: :cry: :cry:

Ok, let's just not even go there. IT is certainly not her fault, and that is a road that I do not think that we want to take in these discussions.

The body wasn't interred. The body was incinerated. This is not the funeral, just a prayer for her, the funeral will be in Asturias

:cry: Those pics made me cry, I can't imagine how Letizia and her family must feel. :cry: This is so sad...

barakillo said:
The body wasn't interred. The body was incinerated. This is not the funeral, just a prayer for her, the funeral will be in Asturias

Ah, do you mean that they will transport her in Oviedo, make a new religious office, and after proceed to the cremation.
So why did they do THIS office.

Are the SRF going to be again present there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom