Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news is very sad to hear, my condolence to Letizia and her family.

My sincere condolences to the Ortiz family, Princess Letizia, the Royal Family and especially to Erika's little girl.

ldt20 said:

The sister of the Princess of Asturias has recently taken a leave absent, due to personal reasons and stress. Friday was her last day at work, since she had requested two days off. This Wednesday she was expected to retirn to work.

If the death is caused by disease or natural cause, the results shall be known within the next hours. Nevertheless, if signs of poison were found, the conclusions of the report would not be known until several days later, after the National Institute of Toxicology makes a second analysis.

The corpse was found this morning by Erika's boyfriend. According to police sources mentioned by Colpisa, he rang the doorbell at 11:30 and, as he didn't receive any answer, he decided to use his key. After finding the corpse laying on the bed, he called the Emmergency, but nothing could be done to save her life.

Last edited:
Thoughts and prayers are with her family, friends and her little girl Carla.

pollyemma said:
my spanish is a bit rusty. does this article say she was being treated for depression?

it said that she was suffering depression and i would assume she was also treated for it.

it also mentions that the corpse is at the forensic institute from 17.30 spanish time and that the autopsy is being carried out. it also mentions that "if the results show a natural death, results will be given in the next few hours. if on the contrary, there are signs of poison in her body, the results may take a few days to be announced"

carlota said:
it said that she was suffering depression and i would assume she was also treated for it.

Please, we don't need any speculations of what she was suffering from. It is penible enough for the family: why do the press need to spread rumors before they are checked?

How very very sad.

The poor family :sad: My condolences to them all.

Danielane said:
Please, we don't need any speculations of what she was suffering from. It is penible enough for the family: why do the press need to spread rumors before they are checked?

i believe that's not speculation, but it was actually said before her passing and the reason for her "leave" as well. it is mentioned in any spanish newspaper at the moment, even those most credible ones, so i believe it's not speculation.

Very sad, shocking news. Especialy hard for Dona Letizia, now that she is in the middle of her 2nd pregnancy.

this is terrible! I see in tv and I am in shock, especially for carla and letizia, she is in a very delicated situation.

oh my god! I am so shocked and saddened by this news. When I first read about it, I was praying it was just a bad rumor. How terrible for Letizia and her family. They'll be in my prayers.

First, I would like to say I extend my condolence to the family of Letizia Ortiz. Second, I want to say that to speculate on the health and cause of death does not bring solace to the breaved. I think that if the reason for death is uncovered it should not be released to the public at this time to reduce the attention from the Ortiz family and to allow them the proper time to grieve. We must understand that Letizia has not as of yet had an easy pregnancy and I think that the recent death of her sister does nothing but negate this fact. But hopefully, with the birth of her second child the Ortiz family can experience a renewed sense of joy. And hopefully young Carla can be comforted and protected during this time without the media exploiting her mother's death for headlines.

Oh my! What a terrible loss for Letizia and her family. My thoughts and prayers are with them. How awful. I hope Carla will not be bothered by the media on such occassion.

I really don't know what to say im shocked I heard it on CNN this morning and I couldn't believe it. It's terrible!! Such sad news.. She was so young it's unbelievable.. what a terrible loss, poor Carla she's so little.. My condolences to all of the family .. I hope the media can respect their pain. :sad:

That is so sad that little Carla doesn't know but I do find it hard to believe that she wouldn't know she is bound to be asking questions.
Im confused as to what will happen to Carla now. I read that her father was not around and saw her called an orphan but i have read other reports saying she will now be in the custody of her father. Can anyone clear it up?
Thanks in advance

OH MY GOD,:neutral: I still can't believe, Princess Letizia must be very sad for her sister, Could you imagine?
She has lived terrible moments in both pregnancys:
The first one her Grandpa, died for a lung cancer, and now she is in her second pregnancy and she lost her little sister:ohmy: , what a bad look:unhappy: .
Princess Letizia, I send you my condolences.

This is absolutely horrible. May sher rest in peace. My condolences to the whole family, especially Carla and Letizia.

crm2317 said:
Can anyone translate the article?

the article said that the erika's death can be a suicide

Let's keep in mind that the official cause of death is still unknown and that we need to respect the memory of this young woman.

crm2317 said:
Can anyone translate the article?

The article basically says that Erika was depressed about the end of her relationship with Antonio Vigo and stressed about being in the public eye. It says that the death probably happened at around 11 am since Antonio picked up Carla to take her to school at 9. It also says that although the official cause of death is unknown, people are saying that it was probably suicide.

heart breaking for everyone, especially her little girl. so sad and tragic, she was a beautiful young woman and now to be gone so suddenly. everyone must be crushed and in shock. horrible just so sad

It is very sad that she had passed away at such a young age, I guess we will not know what the cause of death was until the family feels comfortable telling the public. Erika's daughter will grow up without her, but she will have the love of both sides of her family to help her get through this unexpected death may Erika rest in peace and my condolences to her family.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who noticed this is yet another strange coincidence between the Danish and Spanish RFs.

The same day that Princess Alexandra announces her engagement is the same day that the SRF announces the death of the Princess of Asturias. Of course, it was most definately not planned this way, but with all of the other coincidences between these two royal houses occuring within weeks (weddings of the heirs, announcement of first pregnancies, births of the heir's heirs, announcement of second pregnancy) this one just adds to the list.

Has the king returned from Germany yet? I think it's very touching that Queen Sofia cried upon hearing the news. I don't know if it's very common for a mother-in-law to cry when she hears that her daughter-in-law's sister has died. To be sad, of course, but perhaps not crying. I've always admired Queen Sofia. I hope Letizia and her family are doing well. It's never a pleasant thing to lose your little sister :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom