Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor pregnant Letizia... poor little Carla... Poor paloma rocasolano, the loss of a daughter surely isn't the funniest thing in life. It's very reassuring to hear about the reaction of the queen.

Princess Letizia youngest sister is dead

Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia youngest sister was found dead at her home in Spain this evening (February 7, 2007. Wednesday). The corpse is at the forensics already and we still don´t know what happened. She had been suffering from depression for around 3 months now or so. She leaves a 6 year-old daughter, Carla, orphan. She had her only child with a man whom she was never married to. She was now living at the house Letizia used to live in before marrying Prince Felipe. If I know more about it I will let you know.

Queen Sofia cried when she knew about it and she´s flying back to Spain to be with his son and daughter-in-law, both staying at La Zarzuela. Erika´s parents were in the house with her dead daughter after getting a call from someone (still don´t know who) when they were working. King Juan Carlos will keep on doing his Royal duties. Sister Thelma is outside the country and trying to get a flight to go to Spain.

Results of the autopsy will be released tomorrow in the morning, if not earlier. Erika will be probably buried in Asturias (this all has happened in Madrid). As Erika was not a part of the Royal Family there will be no Announcement from La Zarzuela (that´s what the press says).

My most sincere condolences to all of them, specially her daughter Carla and Princess Letizia and her parents). And sorry about my English, as it´s not good enough.

Here there is a link related to it: (In Spanish. For English news type "Erika Ortiz" at Google)

Terra. Participa y diviértete en tu portal multimedia

(Please tell me if I can add pics of Erika as a tribute and where should I get them from if agency ones can´t be used. Thanks very much).

I'm shocked, my condolonces to all her familiy.

As it has been mentioned on some sites that she had committed suicide, I thing we all should not believe that till something/or if something official is said of what caused the death. Taking a few days of work does not mean she was depressed; she might have just wanted to have a few days off, spend time with her daughter and/or family.

Until the official cause of death is released, PLEASE PLEASE let's not speculate on what caused Ericka's death.

I think her memory should be respected. And that kind of rumors (suicide), even if at the end they result to be true, are at the presente time unplesant. Let's just wait for the autopsie result, and then everydbody would be able to speak with certain.

Yes it´s a very sad notice for Letizia, her family and the Royal family, a tremendous loss.

Oh my God, what a shock....I'm just watching everything on the TV, poor them....

Yes, it´s a shock for all of us. We´re all so sad, we just can´t believe it´s happened. Horrible.

This just makes me wanna start bawling on my keyboard, because its like deja vu all over for me. Like little Carla, I lost a "parent" when I was six, or probably seven. It was my aunts fiance, I called him uncle even though they werent married, he was like my second dad. The last time I ever saw him was at Christmas, then one day when I came back from school, my mom told me he had died. He was about Erika's age, and I remembered crying so hard. I so wanted go to his funeral, but my mom said no, and she wouldnt tell me why he died. It turned out to be cancer. I'm not really an orphan, but the day my uncle died I felt like one, because he was the only person who treated me like a child and not like a little adult. :cry:
I gotta get a tissue or I'm gonna start crying.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Prince, Princess and the Ortiz family.

What a tragic news !
All my condolences go to her family and especially her little girl ...:sad:

In these very difficult times, I hope, hope that the spanish media, especially the "yellow" press will have a minimum of respect for the family and especially Letizia and Carla ...
I am not spanish, and I don't know very well how the SRF could act in such cases. But hopefully, they and especially the Prince will go out of their usual way to protect the Princess from the media ...

With all my respect to your posts: Erika is dead. I think that the fact if she was legally married or not is the least important thing here. She was 31, had a daughter and has died- we still don´t know why or how. THAT IS SAD.

I wonder who found her body. The yellow press is saying that she might have commited suicide because it was too big of a burden to be the sister of the princes of Asturias. That is a horrible thing to say and I hope that it is not true.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is now re-opened.

Before we move any further, we'd like to ask the members to please treat this news with the respect and prudence it deserves.

The cause of Erika's death is unknown at this moment, and speculating about it won't take us anywhere. So, let's be patient and wait until the official news come around.

Thank you,
Anna_R; Avalon & Ennyllorac
Spanish Forums Moderators

That is a very sad and unespect new. Is a bige lost. My love to all famely and princpal for her daughter.

Poor Letizia. How awful for her. I'm sure the King, Queen and Crown Prince will look after her.

I'm so sad and shocked about this news, what a pity, she was so young.

My sincere condolence to her family, i specialy feel for her little daugther.:sad:

I cannot imagine what her parents are going through, it is so horrible. My most sincere condolences to them, Princess Letizia, sister Telma and daughter Carla. What a terrible loss.

whatever the cause of her death it's a terrible news. my thoughts are with her family, nd with letizia. so bad to loose a sister and being 'ready' to give life in less than three months time

El Rey agradece pésame por la muerte de la hermana de la Princesa de Asturias

The King is grateful for condolence for the death of the sister of the Princess of Asturias

The King of Spain was grateful publicly for the condolence that transmitted Karlheinz Koegel, founder of the society who awards the Prize of the Mass media that today Don Juan Carlos received, for the death today of Erika Rocasolano, sister of the Princess of Asturias.

Don Juan Carlos thanked for these words and said that he will make come ' his feelings of weighing the Princes of Asturias, before the very sad news of the death of the sister of the Princess of Asturias, which great we feel in the Royal Family '.

The founder of the awards said, before beginning the delivery of the Prize to the King Juan Carlos for his path for 30 years as chief of State of Spain, that they knew the ' sad news ' of the death of the sister of the Princess of Asturias and wanted to transmit his sorrow.

Juan Carlos I will return, since it was foreseen, on the same night to Madrid, after remaining two days in Germany in visit of work.

My Codolences are with the Family at this difficult time.

At half past five, the van carrying the corpse of Erika Ortiz arrived in the Instituto Anatómico Forense de Madrid, where the autopsy will be done. Photo by Hola:
http://www.hola.com/famosos/2007/02/07/erika-ortiz-furgon/imgs/erika-coche-funebre1a.jpg
http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2007/02/07/1170880668_g_0.jpg

According to sources of the investigation, it was Erika's boyfriend, Roberto García, who found out her corpse and called the police. It was however a doctor of the Emmergency UVI, who make sure she was already dead.
La pareja de Erika Ortiz encontró su cadáver en la casa y avisó por teléfono a la policía | elmundo.es

Meanwhile, the president of the Press Association of Madrid (APM), Fernando González Urbaneja, has shown his concern about the way "how the media is treating this case".
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2007/02/07/comunicacion/1170869243.html

Last edited:
My support to Letizia, Felipe, the royals, and all her family. May they find peace in this time of hardship and loss, and remember the wonderful times they shared with her.

does anyone know when the funeral will be taking place?

Like so many others are, I'm completely shocked. I couldn't believe it when I came to the forums just a few minutes ago. Such an unbelieveable tragedy. I lost my dad when I was only a small infant. So I obviously never really knew him. It is hard to grow up without a parent and it's still hard as an adult, mainly because I don't feel as close to his family as I think I would've felt had he been alive.

My thoughts and prayers are with the SRF and the Ortiz family. Such a lose for them. I reallly hope that they can have some peace during this difficult time.

I am :shock: shocked to hear this sad news about Princess Letizia's younger sister, Erika Ortiz. My thoughts and prayers are with Princess Letizia, her family and Erika's daughter, Carla. :sad:

Chantal

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom