Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naut2bGrimaldi said:
I usually don't post, but as a Catholic trained in Theology I have to say something.

The stance on suicide in the Catholic church has changed and I think there needs to be clarification.

Officially, suicide is considered to be a result of some mental defect or illness. Yes, in older days the Church did state it was a sin. It is not anymore! That doesn't stop many Catholics (or those taught by uniformed Catholics) from thinking of it that way.

Again, the official stance is that we can not judge a soul and that we understand that what occurs is between them and God. You will notice that she will receive the Catholic rites and permission for burial just the same as any other Catholic who dies. We no longer hold the stigma on suicide.

Do you have PROVE of that¿

YanJP said:
it's the picture that just breaks your heart. personally, i don't think that Letizia is looking at the camera at all. looking more closely, you can see that her eyes don't really looking at anything at all;

You are right, her eyes are empty. She looks completely absent.

For me this pictures is extremely pathetic.
Also to this pic

http://i6.tinypic.com/2zje55c.jpg
Source : ElPais

I think these two are the worst.
She looks so lonely, so desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Felipe looks absent too.. :cry:

yes, the photo of hola is terrible, letizia and her sister look so so sad, I hope Erika can be in peace, I see some photos of carla, and it's terrible that the press don't leave a girl of 7 years old alone and in peace after lost her mother

corazon said:
yes, the photo of hola is terrible, letizia and her sister look so so sad, I hope Erika can be in peace, I see some photos of carla, and it's terrible that the press don't leave a girl of 7 years old alone and in peace after lost her mother

Where are you see this photos??:ohmy:

Click on the link in post 658 to see the photo.

That pic of Telma with letizia is so just touching glad to see that telma is their with her family.

I talked about the photos of the little Carla .… where can I see them?:ermm:

Lauritas138 said:
Where are you see this photos??:ohmy:

in face to face you can see the photos of carla with her grandmother and her dad

Thanks..
I hope that the press does not oppress much to this family, specially to Carla.

I wanted to cry when I first read the news on glocalia.com of Letizia's sister Erika passing away. I want to share my condolences with the Ortiz family and the royal members. I'm sorry to hear this to have happened. I wish nothing but the best for all people who knew or are close to Erika. I personally hope that the media treat the delicate circumstance with the utmost respect for the family's wishes. My love and empathy to you all in this time of woe. May you find a path towards peace and goodness. Sincerely yours, George.

Toledo said:
lis said:
I wonder if it was such a short notice only royals living nearby could travel to attend. The Bulgarian Royals (like the Greek Royals) have strong ties with Spain so it's kind of their adopted home away from home. If they have residences in Spain it would make it easier to travel than a 'seated' Royal family that has to go to all kinds of protocol and security for their visits.

Maybe.
But I don't buy the "they know Felipe not Letizia" (in reference to P Frederick and PHaakon not being there). Felipe and Letizia are a couple and if anything where to happen to the siblings or parents, friends need to be there.

Now, I am not familiar with the protocol and invitation custom but my family is catholic and when my husband's uncle passed away, my family was there. They did not know my husband's uncle and for some of my family members, my husband, but they know me and out of respect for me and my husband. This is a funeral not a gathering.

Last edited:
Yes zarzuela I think it's most depressing I've seen too. The gesture of Thelma is so sweet, trying to comfort her big sister.. :sad:

It's very sad to see a pregnant lady that sad, these are the moments she most needs the support of her husband and family and Im pretty sure she's getting it.

biboquinhas said:
In my opinion if she is not a known public person why she gave an interviwe to a journalist? Let me explain better, everyone told that this shlould be a private funeral because she was not a public person, a member of the oryal family so why expose herserlf? Her sister didn't do that?

It wasn't supposed to be an interview. If you read the article they both agreed that the journalist wouldn't publish it; it was done in 2004. And now that Erika is dead obviously she broke her promise and printed their conversation.

Lauritas138 said:
Thanks..
I hope that the press does not oppress much to this family, specially to Carla.

But you know they will, much more now.

Tinika said:
What does Letizia say in the YouTube video?

she's talking about abusing pills and a campaign made by the Health Minister:sad:
you'd never know in life, you just never know:ohmy:

Lauritas138 said:
I talked about the photos of the little Carla .… where can I see them?:ermm:

The only pics of Carla I´ve seen (prior to her mom´s death) are at this week issue of HOLA and LECTURAS. Haven´t bought the other magazines.

I think the other royals stayed away out of respect, because I think if they came it would be even more of a media circus than it is. How hard it must be for Letizia´s family not to be able to grieve in private, and I fear that it is a real wake-up call for Letizia on how different her life really is now and how it affects those around her. She looks so exhausted, like others have said just empty. It´s great that Telma is there now, as she is the only other person who understands what Letizia is going through. I imagine Felipe is very concerned to see his wife so distressed. It is very heart-warming to see the love and tenderness by the SRF at this time, and I´m sure it´s very much appreciated by Erika´s family. RIP Erika.

why would there be other royals at the funeral then these of the spanish royal family.

Josefine said:
why would there be other royals at the funeral then these of the spanish royal family.

Your are totally right. It's a tragedy for the family of the Princess and the Royal Family is only touched inderectly.

As the Princess ask, no authorities neither orther people than the family and the friends. It's an intimate and private ceremony....so, so sad!

Last edited:
avrilo said:
Do you have PROVE of that¿
I'm not Naut2bGrimaldi, but I guess I can answer the question too... You can check it, by reading the Canonic Code of 1973. Although the old Code used to prohibit people who commited suicide to receive a religious funeral (CDC 1241, 1,3), that rule has disappeared in te new Canonic Code.
Generally, suicide is considered by the Catholic Church as a deranged act that is justified by a loss of conscience and by physical or mental illness. Morally, it's still considered a sin (against the sanctity of life and the Fifth Commandment), but
the Church prefers now a "social prophylaxis", to liberate the person, the families and the society from the circumstances that had lead him/her to suicide.
Also the 1997 Catecism states that, being suicide a not fully conscious act, it may not be morally culpable: "Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide".

Lisa said:
I've tried not to cry by seeing Letizia's photos and the one with sister Telma was too sad. Broke in tears.
Alos would like to say to Elsa M. (it's not a personnal critic) that four years ago, my uncle (I live in France) committed suicide because her wife left him and took away his little boy. The pastor refused a simple mess and even a little prayer was refused. So don't make me laugh with the misery and the compassion of the catholic church. Maybe that pastor was rude or stupid, bu we were also a suffering family.

I´m with you, Lisa. My father left (abandoned us) when I was a kid so he asked for divorce and my mom didn´t want it but as years passed by he got it by Law. The whole neighborhood knew about it and the first time she went to church the pastor didn´t allow her to take Christ´s body (I don´t the English word for that thing they put in your mouth). It has horrible. She felt so so very bad, like a black sheep. I think the catholic church is a bunch of hipocrites. My two cents from my experince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom