Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan said:
In talking about Spanish royal matters, all journalists including Peñafiel have to be careful not to incur in a crime of difamation or slander against the king, the queen and their descendants, under articles 490 and 491 of the Criminal Code, crimes that are punished with 2 months to 2 years of prison. Nevertheless, Letizia isn't covered by that legislation any more than a regular citizen, and therefore Peñafiel and other journalists tend to go a little further when they criticize her acts vs. those of the members of the royal family.

When a middle class person marries into a royal household, it becomes a different life for the rest of this person's family. They have no protection and the press intrudes at all times. They could even be harmed . This seems to be a more modern problem . We now have several Crown Princesses in this position. Someone did mention that in Princess Mathilde's case , her family was taken care of by the King and were given elevated status.

What is the solution??

Last edited by a moderator:
charlottestreasures said:
When a middle class person marries into a royal household, it becomes a different life for the rest of this person's family. They have no protection and the press intrudes at all times. They could even be harmed . This seems to be a more modern problem . We now have several Crown Princesses in this position. Someone did mention that in Princess Mathilde's case , her family was taken care of by the King and were given elevated status.

What is the solution??
No title/royal care = press attacks...

Btw. Mathilde came from aristocratic and well connected families - special from her mother's side. I mean Princely Sapiecha - Kodeński family.

Last edited:
royaltywatcher said:
I was wondering about the applause too. It seemed inappropriate, like the people gathered there thought they were watching something manufactured for their entertainment.

I think that's just a European custom. I remember the crowd doing the same thing when the Pope died. It's a sign of respect and not used in the same way that Americans do.

royaltywatcher said:
like the people gathered there thought they were watching something manufactured for their entertainment.

This is a really shrewd comment. ;)

The princess pain in La razon picture is just beyond words,prince looks desperate too.i just hope Telma decide to stay more to help and support the family.the first day it was pregnant letizia who should be the rock and support of the family,i think now it's Telama's turn.

Last edited:
MoonlightRhapsody said:
I think that's just a European custom. I remember the crowd doing the same thing when the Pope died. It's a sign of respect and not used in the same way that Americans do.

Absolutely.

Do not forget that especially in the South of Europe people go to the funerals, it is a sign of respect and support to the families

aryo said:
The princess pain in La razon picture is just beyond words,prince looks desperate too.

Do you mean this picture? http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/8695/portadado9.jpg

I don't think Thelma is staying for very long, she'll rather go back to the Phillipines as soon as possible to avoid the media circus.

Some other well-meant ridiculous statements:

"Today we saw Prince Felipe doing things we thought we wold never see him doing: he really showed his human side. For instance, he opened the car's door himself and sat on the co-pilot's seat" (Saturday Sweet Life) -this time insulting Felipe's life skills

"By kissing Paloma on the cheek, the Queen gave a lesson of immense humanity" (idem) -I wonder what a regular human being would have done

"Letizia greeted the crowd [that was outside the church]. By this gesture, she showed her solidarity with the pain the Spanish people is suffering" (idem) -maybe the commentator meant the other way around, or "showed her appreciation for the people's solidarity", I don't know

merce76 said:
I don´t know about it either. I would appreciate some info too please. Thanks.

It's an interview she gave on june 9th 2004, she talks about herself, her family, her job, her daughter.. that lasted 4 hours.. that's why it's "cuatro horas con Erika Ortiz"

An interesting fact about that interview that I didn't know is that she spoke 4 languages, spanish, italian, english and german ..

charlottestreasures said:
Someone did mention that in Princess Mathilde's case , her family was taken care of by the King and were given elevated status.

What is the solution??

Princess Mathilde comes from a highly aristocratic family, from both her father and mother who is a marquess of Polish origin.
From all the actual CP she is the only one who comes from a level quite comparable to the Prince.
The problem is for ALL the other CP, Letizia, Mary, Maxima, Mette Maritt, they all came from the middle normal society, and their parents continue to live quite as before, out of any palaces, residences, and upper class traditions.

Mari_* said:
It's an interview she gave on june 9th 2004, she talks about herself, her family, her job, her daughter.. that lasted 4 hours.. that's why it's "cuatro horas con Erika Ortiz"

An interesting fact about that interview that I didn't know is that she spoke 4 languages, spanish, italian, english and german ..

It is not an interview, in rather a meeting deprived with a journalist. In the own article, it is said, that Erika agrees to speak with her, but under the condition of that her words were not published as an interview.;)

In my opinion if she is not a known public person why she gave an interviwe to a journalist? Let me explain better, everyone told that this shlould be a private funeral because she was not a public person, a member of the oryal family so why expose herserlf? Her sister didn't do that?

Bravo to the royal family for their support of Letizia and her family at this time! Especially Elena, taking Letizia's grandfather's hand - what a wonderful gesture. Also, many people have asked about Christiana, but doesn't she live in Barcelona? Not to mention, she has 4 children to care for. I can totally understand why she's not there.

lula said:
It is not an interview, in rather a meeting deprived with a journalist. In the own article, it is said, that Erika agrees to speak with her, but under the condition of that her words were not published as an interview.;)

That's what it says.. no quotations, not bolds nor italics.. but actually there's a lot of quotations on the meeting.

princess gertrude said:
Bravo to the royal family for their support of Letizia and her family at this time! Especially Elena, taking Letizia's grandfather's hand - what a wonderful gesture. Also, many people have asked about Christiana, but doesn't she live in Barcelona? Not to mention, she has 4 children to care for. I can totally understand why she's not there.
Yes, Cristina and family live in Barcelona. I find it very, very nice that she and Iñaki managed to be with Leti and her family on Thursday; the notice of the death was surely the shock for them, they had to leave their work and the kids with nannies.

Mari_* said:
That's what it says.. no quotations, not bolds nor italics.. but actually there's a lot of quotations on the meeting.

Yes, but it was a private conversation, not an interview ... another thing is that deceased Erika the journalist has decided to break what promised.:ermm:

I have not seen a picture of Letizia with her grandmother Menchú Alvarez at the funeral......Though they are very close.....

lis said:
unlikeanygirl said:
Kubrat and Constantin of Bulgaria were there, they are very close to the princes

I wonder if it was such a short notice only royals living nearby could travel to attend. The Bulgarian Royals (like the Greek Royals) have strong ties with Spain so it's kind of their adopted home away from home. If they have residences in Spain it would make it easier to travel than a 'seated' Royal family that has to go to all kinds of protocol and security for their visits.

Magnik, Letizia looks exhausted! What a nightmare for someone who, like Caroline of Monaco, lives with cameras zooming on her every emotion. She looks straight at the lense as if there was not a tear left for her to give. Penafiel might not have approved of her as a Royal Consort, but Letizia has proven under this crisis she was born for the job. Princess Leonor and Erika's daugther have a great role model in her to find strenght in times of crisis.

princess gertrude said:

It is quite logical that they could not be yesterday in Madrid because they live in Barcelona :)

Buggs said:
I have not seen a picture of Letizia with her grandmother Menchú Alvarez at the funeral......Though they are very close.....

Menchu was with Jesus (it seems that Jesus always was coming first to receive the people), and his wife Ana, also there were Henar and her daughter Claudia. It is normal that Letizia was dealing more of the mother family, her mother is alone, and her grandparents are delicate of health, and they have problems to walk (her grandmother is almost always in house, and her grandfather had problems of hip this summer).

lula said:
Menchu was with Jesus (it seems that Jesus always was coming first to receive the people), and his wife Ana, also there were Henar and her daughter Claudia. It is normal that Letizia was dealing more of the mother family, her mother is alone, and her grandparents are delicate of health, and they have problems to walk (her grandmother is almost always in house, and her grandfather had problems of hip this summer).

I think her granmother has view problems. I do not think she sees well.

fandesacs2003 said:
I think her granmother has view problems. I do not think she sees well.

Yes, she has a problem of vision, always she takes sunglasses, and walks with many problems, always they help her.

lula said:
Yes, she has a problem of vision, always she takes sunglasses, and walks with many problems, always they help her.

Thanks

it should be so dramatical. Old, sick, and your 30 years grandaughter dies

So the funeral is today, i think that is in the other day. So let me see if i am correct, In the other day the famel assist the cremation of erika and today they go to the funeral. Correct???
Well, Letizia look a litle beter in this photos, but is still being hard for all the famely.

:cry::cry::cry: Letizia's look is lost .. it's a very heart breaking picture ..

crm2317 said:

it's the picture that just breaks your heart. personally, i don't think that Letizia is looking at the camera at all. looking more closely, you can see that her eyes don't really looking at anything at all; it's totally empty and absent from any focus what's so ever. it's like her mind is in a completely different planet while her sorry lifeless body stay behind........:cry::cry::cry:

i've been holding my tongue on this particular difficult/controversial? subjuct till now. if Erika envisioned how her families, especial her little daughter, would'd've been affected by her action, would it have had made her think twice before taking the action?

in the end, it's always those who are left behind suffer the most, and longest..........:cry: :cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom