Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaime Peñafiel, a journalist devoted to the Spanish Royals (even though he dislikes Princess Letizia) has made official -and yes, in this case it´s official- who the five letters Érika wrote were adressed to. If someone´s interested I´ll let you know. I don´t want to sound superficial, I´m only giving some news as I get them from TV.

They weren't 5, They were 7 letters, so Jaime Peñafiel is a jerk, He doesn't know, anything

merce76 said:
Jaime Peñafiel, a journalist devoted to the Spanish Royals (even though he dislikes Princess Letizia) has made official -and yes, in this case it´s official- who the five letters Érika wrote were adressed to. If someone´s interested I´ll let you know. I don´t want to sound superficial, I´m only giving some news as I get them from TV.

Jaime Penafiel is not to be considered like an official source for all the royal news. Somethnig is official if it comes from the Zarzuela. If not, it is not official.

Ok. Sorry again. Seven? How do you know that? What´s your source?

Devoting to the Spanish Royals, Peñafiel, it's a joke I hope !

adelaide said:
Devoting to the Spanish Royals, Peñafiel, it's a joke I hope !

No, it´s not a joke. Seems like we don´t agree in a lot of things here. He´s got his point of view and most people don´t like it but that doesn´t make him a jerk.

What's happening to enriqueta, letizia's grandmother in these pictures? Looks like she's falling down

crm2317 said:
One has to wonder if the feelings of the people they are writing about are considered at all. All they seem to think about is their story and making money

Well, making money, sure. That's why they talk so much. The problem, for me, is that they talk a lot but they don't have much to say. On the one hand, because confirmed information is so scarce. On the other, because, partly for the fear involved in treating royal matters in Spain, they are trying so hard, using the same words over and over again, in order to convey a positive image of the people involved. I am referring mainly to TV.

Some of the things they said apparently moved by good intention were so ridiculous as to be on the fringe of utter disrespect. Some examples:

"Erika was very shy and self-effacing. People apreciated her because she was so open and talkative. She was an ambitious professional that wanted to succeed above all." (Ana Rosa Show)

"Erika didn't want to be the focus of attention. That's why she signed her work with the name Erika Rocasolano, so that nobody would know that she was Letizia's sister" (Ana Rosa Show) (NB: both Erika and Rocasolano are extremely rare names that only appear in news about Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano)

"Marvelous Erika" -said by a pro-monarchy journalist every time he refers to the deceased. (Where Are You, My Heart?)

"Letizia has graduated today in a Master degree of Princessdom" (Ana Rosa Show) (referring to Thursday's ceremony)

"Letizia is now at last the Princess of the People" (Ana Rosa Show)

"By giving the condoleances in public view, the royal family has demonstrated to all of us that they are human" (Ana Rosa Show)

"At the ceremony, Letizia didn't feel the cold of the winter" (The Search Engine)

"This is the [mythical] house of Letizia's grandmother [in Sardeu, Asturias]. Here to my right is the meadow where Erika's ashes will probably be spread. We already see some movement in the house, the preparations may have started." (The Search Engine) -this said while all the family is still in Madrid, attending the funeral

"he/she/they are broken with pain" ("rotos por el dolor") -repeated 345,897 times

"the royal family has devoted itself to Letizia" ("la familia se ha volcado") -repeated 468,902 times

"Sentimos el mojón que estáis sufriendo" (Prince Felipe) -I know it doesn't belong here but it is one more example of a well-meant ridiculous statement

merce76 said:
Little Carla was not at the funeral because by that time she didn´t know her mom was dead. I still don´t know if she knows.

I hope they do tell her in time for her to attend the mass. It is very important for a child to have closure, especially if the person who died is his/her parent. I think that children should be told what happened (perhaps not go into details). She is young but children are smarter than you think. They need to understand that death is a part of life. While it is easy for me to say, it is probably very hard to do it at this time. It is hard to be in their skin.

fanprincipesasturi said:
that man has a pathological madness by letizia
YouTube - Pilar Rahola: "A Jaime Peñafiel se le ha ido la mano"

and that that this woman, is republican!

vivan los príncipes de asturias!!!

Jaime Peñafiel is hateful with Princess Letizia, :mad: He is makin money because of her, He is trying to be congenial with the republican people, but it went wrong, Republican, hate him, so He is emetic, hateful, stupid, cold, and a lier.:bang:

Does the cremation always take place before the funeral in Spain?

Here in Ireland/UK we would have the funeral service and then at the end the cremation would take place or the burial into the ground.

merce76 said:
No, it´s not a joke. Seems like we don´t agree in a lot of things here. He´s got his point of view and most people don´t like it but that doesn´t make him a jerk.

Not at all, but it seems that for a good discussion we need good and secure informations.

Sorry, for the Peñafiel point of view :" se cruzan los cablos" isen'it - I begin to learn spanish

agm said:

The SRF has really rallied around Letizia and her family- I'm just so impressed by how the royals have taken the family under their wing, so to speak. It really speaks of their values, to close rank like this and do their best to support Letizia.

I don't think Felipe was inattentive in the photos, but more like he was distracted, probably because he had to be the official representative for his wife's family. And Letizia didn't look at all like she even noticed the rain, poor thing.

Thank for the quotes from TV, Duncan. I enjoy having alternate perspectives, as these snippits of foreign media provide. It seems typical of the Spanish media, though, in respect to the monarchy. The Spanish media, even your "tabloids" always seem so much more conservative and respectful than, for exampe, I hope it does not offend anyone, the British tabloids. I can't say I have ever read a rude word in the Spanish press about the royal family. Sure, there are some criticisms, but compared to Fleet Street, these are very soft, as far as my rustic Spanish-understanding can discern! While I understand exactly how annoying it is to hear/read the media expressing repetitive, stupid statements, ideas, and rationale, I suppose it is better than to have a media that is over-the-top in readiness to jump to conclusions of foul play.

I agree with Duncan about the suggestion that she tried to downplay her connection to the royal family by dropping the Ortiz name. Even if true or half-true, it is a ridiculous thing to say. The "status" she had to downplay, if that is what she did, was limited to her circle (work and friends) as the media did not, I imagine, focus much on her at all. I have seen the occasional report or sighting of her and Telma with Letizia or at some event, but it was rare. The American media can be equally absurd, I assure you, and it is no less annoying.

It is good, at least, that no one is speaking about fantasies of covert murder as the British and American tabloids did from the get-go with the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, before the basic details were completely known. The case of Erika Ortiz Rocasolano is a strange and odd case, to be sure, but on the other hand, these mysterious medical deaths are not so uncommon. People can die suddenly without any apparent warning symptons.
It will be interesting to see if follow-ups to the Ortiz case are emergent in the coming months, considering that it is a private matter and the people really don't have any right to know anything about it. If Ortiz was a member of the royal family, it would be so different.

What a horrible ordeal for the little girl, Carla. I also lost a parent around her age (I was a bit younger) so I feel much empathy for her and any children for whom this happens.

christinacg said:
Is that Telma? Sort of hard to tell from the angle.

I too am impressed but the SRF's support for Letizia and her family during this time. I'm not suprised though. I think they all genuinely love Letizia and her family. You can tell they all like each other. Its just really great to have all that support during such a terrible time.

I have to say the same.. It is touching how the whole royal family has rallied around Letizia and her family. True unity. The hugs Queen Sofia gave to Letizia and her mother Paloma were touching. I was also wondering where Telma was..

Article from Terra:

Dońa Sofía, accompanied by her daughter, Infanta Elena and her sister, princess Irene of Greece, was the first one to arrive in an automobile.
Next were the Princes of Asturias next to Paloma Rocasolano and her parents, Francisco and Enriqueta and the other sister of Erika, Telma Ortiz.
Just after leaving the automobiles, the Queen took carińosamente the arm of Paloma Rocasolano, while the Princess of Asturias did the same thing with her maternal grandpathers, helped by Infanta Elena.
In the fore door of the parish was, from fifteen minutes before, the father of the Princess de Asturias, Jesus Ortiz, along with his wife, Ana Togores, and his mother Menchu Alvarez del Valle.
The other one to attend the funeral were the Dukes of Soria, Infanta Margarita and Carlos Zurita, accompanied by their children, Alfonso and Maria, as well as the cousin of the Prince of Asturias, Bruno Gómez-Acebo.
Also, they attended the funeral Antonio Vigo, father of Erica's daughter, his last fiancè, Robert Garci'a, and Emilio Aragón, the president of the television La Sexta, in whose company Erika Ortiz worked.
Some other people entered the temple, located in the municipality madrileńo of Pozuelo de Alarcón, by a lateral door. One is a sober construction, without no class of adornment.
Emérito military archbishop José Manuel Estepa has celebrated the religious act in this parish of the Prado de Somosaguas (Pozuelo), who the Royal Family will follow from the side of the Gospel and the relatives of Erika from the side of the Epistle.

La Reina y los Príncipes acuden al funeral por Erika Ortiz · [Fotos]

christinacg said:
Is that Telma? Sort of hard to tell from the angle.

I too am impressed but the SRF's support for Letizia and her family during this time. I'm not suprised though. I think they all genuinely love Letizia and her family. You can tell they all like each other. Its just really great to have all that support during such a terrible time.

Yes she is Telma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom