Countdown to Princess Letizia's delivery - Preparations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard in tv today that probably the princess could to be admitted in the Hospital the next friday.

The press has begun their process of collective hysterics and they all speculate and each one says a thing; Leonor went forward and now they do not want that the same thing happens so they all are in alert ... it means that everything is good, for absurd that it is a news concerning Letizia, it is useful to prepare the area for the birth... :wacko:

And why are they already on ladders. Do they plan to live on them from now until whenever that child is born, which may be weeks from now for all they know. They are nuts!

Empress said:
And why are they already on ladders. Do they plan to live on them from now until whenever that child is born, which may be weeks from now for all they know. They are nuts!

This article explains it, they make their stairs placed, or the stickers of the agencies of press to obtain the best place ... between the photographers and journalists they respect, like that, the space of each one ... besides they go substituting for the alertness ... organized it is necessary to admit that they are organized well...:lol: already are international agencies as Reuters, natives like Efe and magazines as Hola...

La Policía Municipal ya ha revisado las alcantarillas del Hospital donde dará a luz Letizia - 20minutos.es

The Municipal Police already have checked the sewers of the Hospital where Letizia will give to light

It is a question of a measurement of normal safety, before the imminence of the childbirth of the Princess, that, officially, she will not give to light until ends of April or first of may. Since it happened with Leonor's childbirth, Zarzuela has reserved three suites for Dona Letizia, the Prince and the visits of the family.

The accesses to the Ruber Internacional where there will give to light the princess Letizia have turned into a sample of chairs and stairs belonging to the principal informative means. It is not necessary to forget that Leonor's childbirth went forward three weeks on the date foreseen for the account exit. Everything can happen.

In Zarzuela they reduce importance to the unfolding means, " there is no special police guard this weekend we do not also have news of which there is no innovation " has commented an employee of Royal House to 20minutos.es.

Thanks for the videos agm. It's hillarious that the press has already set up.

wouldnt it be funny if Letizia actually went into labor begining of May & the new people are waiting outside the hospital for about 2-3weeks. seems that these poeple will do anything just to capture the first pictures. I think they all should wish for a safe delivery & healthy lillte Infanta also, think they shouldleave her alone because its very stressful when your in labor and people taking pictures of you.

Will this be a ceserean too or natural delivery? I know its hard to say but since she had a cecerean maybe this would be one too, i dont know if anything was mentiond.

All ready for Spanish Royal Birth
By h.b.
Apr 13, 2007 - 1:35 PM

Doña Letizia, the Princess of Asturias, is expected to give birth before the end of the month

Doña Letizia, the Princess of Asturias, is in the final stage of her pregnancy and if the calculations are correct, is expected to give birth on April 30.

However Letizia’s first child, the Infanta Leonor came into the world before full term, and - read full article & source here

dazzling said:
Will this be a ceserean too or natural delivery? I know its hard to say but since she had a cecerean maybe this would be one too, i dont know if anything was mentiond.

I don't think there has been any official announcement about this but I guess it's very probable she will give birth via Caesarian again.
If you have given brith before via Caesarian, it's more preferable (and easier) to do it again.

Avalon said:
I don't think there has been any official announcement about this but I guess it's very probable she will give birth via Caesarian again.
If you have given brith before via Caesarian, it's more preferable (and easier) to do it again.

Thanks Avalon. Thats what i thought too. hope it all goes well.:)

El Confidencial Digital
The childbirth of princess Letizia considers “with normality”, without pre-established technical nor previous calendars.

...there is no a previous medical decision in the sense to resort to the Caesarean one for that childbirth. The process will be developed by natural route, and only if the circumstances required it would be decided then, on the part of the gynecologist, if it resorts or not to the system of the Caesarean one.

Last edited:
Avalon said:

Not necessarily. It's still possible to do the vaginal birth. Leonor was an emergency C-section baby because Letizia's dilation was not progressing according to Recasens.

The only thing that exists they are speculations and more speculations, and the only thing that it is possible to do is to expect and to see that it happens ... the journalists and the photographers are doing the business, they speculate and speak what they do not know, before, during and after the childbirth...:wacko:

I am sorry for this question but... how come everyone knows about the sex of the baby? Shouldn't be a secret?

Victoria1999 said:
I am sorry for this question but... how come everyone knows about the sex of the baby? Shouldn't be a secret?

La Casa Real announced it. :flowers:

It was announced to avoid too much speculation about it, and the royal family's rules of inheritance. As of now, the Spanish Royal Family has male-preference primogenture, meaning if Felipe and Letizia have a son, he will automatically outrank Leonor, no matter whether he is two years or twenty years younger. This is why Felipe, although the youngest child of Juan Carlos and Sofia, is the heir, not his older sister Elena. However, if Felipe and Letizia have no sons, Leonor will become Princess of Asturias and later Queen of Spain.
If the baby was a boy, or if they didn't announce it, then many people, including government officials, would be debating the issue of male-preference inheritance versus gender-equal inheritance. Felipe and Letizia announced it to (A) protect the Spanish monarchy, (B) stem some of the media, and (C): to keep the focus on the joy of the impending birth of their second child, a happy, blessed event.

However, one has to remember- This law is not a new one, nor an uncommon one!
Belgium changed its laws to equal when Princess Elizabeth was a baby. Sweden changed theirs when Prince Carl Philip was born. Norway changed theirs when Ingrid Alexandra was born, however, Haakon, like Felipe, is the youngest, but outranks his older sister. Britain still has a male-preference rule, as does Denmark, and Luxembourg (I think, but it may be male-only primogenature, I've read something like that)

LadyK said:
Belgium changed its laws to equal when Princess Elizabeth was a baby. Sweden changed theirs when Prince Carl Philip was born. Norway changed theirs when Ingrid Alexandra was born, however, Haakon, like Felipe, is the youngest, but outranks his older sister. Britain still has a male-preference rule, as does Denmark, and Luxembourg (I think, but it may be male-only primogenature, I've read something like that)
Denmark changed their law a couple of months ago I think. I'm pretty sure it was discussed on this forum as well.

LadyK said:
It was announced to avoid too much speculation about it, and the royal family's rules of inheritance. As of now, the Spanish Royal Family has male-preference primogenture, meaning if Felipe and Letizia have a son, he will automatically outrank Leonor, no matter whether he is two years or twenty years younger. This is why Felipe, although the youngest child of Juan Carlos and Sofia, is the heir, not his older sister Elena. However, if Felipe and Letizia have no sons, Leonor will become Princess of Asturias and later Queen of Spain.
If the baby was a boy, or if they didn't announce it, then many people, including government officials, would be debating the issue of male-preference inheritance versus gender-equal inheritance. Felipe and Letizia announced it to (A) protect the Spanish monarchy, (B) stem some of the media, and (C): to keep the focus on the joy of the impending birth of their second child, a happy, blessed event.

But in Belgium and Norway and also in the Netherlands the law was changed years ago when there have been no Crown Princely Couple who had just married and became parents.

Now they are expecting a girl, fine. But if they have a third baby, and if it is a boy, what will happend then? Prince Felipe is the third child, after 2 girls, and he will become King. So if they do not change the law, it may be the same story.
Basically, do they want to change the law??

Stefan said:
But in Belgium and Norway and also in the Netherlands the law was changed years ago when there have been no Crown Princely Couple who had just married and became parents.

I think the Spanish constitucion will be changed some day as well. The problem is that the spanish constitucion is rigid, it cannot be changed that easily. And the succession to the thrown is arranged in the constitution, so it's not all that easy. I do believe Zapatero agreed it should be changed, it's discriminatory against women. I just hope they hurry up and don't wait for a boy to be borne!

princess leonor said:
I think the Spanish constitucion will be changed some day as well. The problem is that the spanish constitucion is rigid, it cannot be changed that easily. And the succession to the thrown is arranged in the constitution, so it's not all that easy. I do believe Zapatero agreed it should be changed, it's discriminatory against women. I just hope they hurry up and don't wait for a boy to be borne!

Yes but why was the law not changed years ago. I know there has to be a vote in the Cortes with 2/3 majority are for the new Law, then elections after the elections again a 2/3 majority in the Cortes and finally a referrendum. There where elections a few months before the Wedding of Felipe and Letizia. If the had put it just before the election then the law could be changed by now.

Stefan said:
Yes but why was the law not changed years ago. I know there has to be a vote in the Cortes with 2/3 majority are for the new Law, then elections after the elections again a 2/3 majority in the Cortes and finally a referrendum. There where elections a few months before the Wedding of Felipe and Letizia. If the had put it just before the election then the law could be changed by now.

Before the Prince was compromising, nobody thought about it, and later it was very complicated for a political group just before the elections to raise a reform of the Constitution that has not touched in 25 years,besides the process is long, I do not believe that in less than 5 months they could have done it. Now, and after those more than complicated elections (two days after 11M), the political world is too complicated, and there are too many problems and serious all of them that they keep faced both majority groups. And here the paradox comes, though both agree in reforming this point of the Constitution, they it do not go to do because they are faced it is other many things.

Certainly, this one is not the forum to speak about this topic, and there is other one dedicated completely to this debate.;)

Last edited:
Stefan said:

I couldn't agree more Stefan. That would have been perfect. But I'm afraid that the former government was too busy fighting terrorism and it didn't even occur to them. Maybe at the next elections :flowers:

LadyK said:

Thank you very much. It makes sense.

I'm very happy knowing that Princess Letizia would have her baby girl before the end of this month...I can't wait to see the little face of the newborn. I wonder if she would be similar to the Borbons or to the Ortiz...Infanta leonor is more Borbon , but her round cheeks are more similar to her mother when she was her age...

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
I'm very happy knowing that Princess Letizia would have her baby girl before the end of this month...I can't wait to see the little face of the newborn. I wonder if she would be similar to the Borbons or to the Ortiz...Infanta leonor is more Borbon , but her round cheeks are more similar to her mother when she was her age...

Vanesa.

Vanesa we must to have patience, I think that in ten days approximately the new infantita will be born and we will be able to see whom she looks like :wub: ....HOW EXCITING!!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom