Christening of Infanta Sofía: July 15, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
ABC.es: nacional - nacional - La Infanta Sofía será bautizada el 15 de julio en el Palacio de la Zarzuela

The Infanta Sofía will be baptized on July 15 in the Palace of la Zarzuela

The Infanta Sofía, the second daughter of the Princes of Asturias and octave of the grandchildren of the Kings, will be baptized next Sunday, the 15th of July, in the Palace of la Zarzuela, by Paloma Rocasolano, mother grandmother, and Kostantin of Bulgaria, prince of Vadin, as godparents, informed Efe a speaker of the Palace of La Zarzuela.

Great news....!!!
I love that Paloma will be the Godmother!

Paloma will feel honored, that's for sure! More good news for her after what she has been through in the past months.
My guess was either Paloma or Telma but given Telma is working abroad all the time it's a good thing to chose Paloma. She can see Sofia whenever she wants and might play an active role in her life.
It must be an immense joy for Letizia's grandparents too. It's amazing three of them are still alive with Letizia already being in her mid-thirties. Being able to see great-grandchildren growing up is something very special.

Great new!! I pressed to see the family...

It is so great to have a date to see all them again... I love the grandparents they have chosen

Great news and an absolutely great choise of godparents. I especialy love Paloma as godmother. :wub: Can't wait to see them

Excellent, that's my sister's birthday!

It's nice to hear Paloma is godmother, I'm sure she must be overjoyed.

I cannot understand why the second child don't have the right to have the same baptism has their sisters and brothers! This will be a very private cerimony so we just are going to wait for one or two official photos IMO.

I cannot understand why the second child don't have the right to have the same baptism has their sisters and brothers! This will be a very private cerimony so we just are going to wait for one or two official photos IMO.

All the grandsons of the Kings, from Froilán to Leonor, have been baptized in a private ceremony in the Palace of the Zarzuela. Later the Royal House has distributed the video and the photos. It is going to be like the rest.

All the grandsons of the Kings, from Froilán to Leonor, have been baptized in a private ceremony in the Palace of the Zarzuela. Later the Royal House has distributed the video and the photos. It is going to be like the rest.

Will the press be present? I remember on Irene's baptism and especially on Leonor's there were plenty of pics and it seemed that TV and press was present. But this event will be in the evening - was it the same with the other baptisms? Can't really remember.

So we won't see any pics before late eve Sunday or even Monday? Can't imagine they will only publish two or three pictures as for example on Leonor's first birthday.

Will the press be present? I remember on Irene's baptism and especially on Leonor's there were plenty of pics and it seemed that TV and press was present. But this event will be in the evening - was it the same with the other baptisms? Can't really remember.

So we won't see any pics before late eve Sunday or even Monday? Can't imagine they will only publish two or three pictures as for example on Leonor's first birthday.

To this type of acts only it has access TVE and the Agency EFE, which are the television and the agency of public news in Spain. Later the Royal Household, it can allow the access to some journalists, of the most important mass media that cover habitually the whole official activity of the Royal Family. The images are publicized in all that it finishes the baptism. It will be like in Leonor's baptism.

Great news! It's sweet that Paloma is the Godmother.

To this type of acts only it has access TVE and the Agency EFE, which are the television and the agency of public news in Spain. Later the Royal Household, it can allow the access to some journalists, of the most important mass media that cover habitually the whole official activity of the Royal Family. The images are publicized in all that it finishes the baptism. It will be like in Leonor's baptism.

Thanks Lula for explaining :flowers: Leonor's baptism produced tons of pics so looking forward to the event!

This is great news and I can hardly wait for pictures. I like the selection of godparents this time around.

Thats great choice of godparents! Im going to be away for both Lillepigen's and Sofia's baptisms. Well at least I'll have something to look forward to when I come home:flowers:

Finally a date released, maybe this will also be a small event just like leonors. Godparents are a good choice, letizia's mother must be very honored she was choosen. Looking forward to this event.

Excellent choice, to tribute at Paloma Rocasolano being her the godmother seems to me so fantastic; Yes we can say it's absolutly normal that the Letizia's mother will be elected as a goodmother, but if it's totally adeccuate nothing obliged the Princes to do that. Actally, I was quiet sure that they do that.
For the goodfather, it's a very good idea to choose the Prince Constantin of Bulgaria, very closer friend of the Princes of Asturias.

very good choice, by personnal tate I should preferd a sooner date to see quickly the litttle Sofia, but now we know the date we can hopr with much tranquility.

Great news, we can see the whole family again.

yes! it's great news that we will also see maria garcia de la rasilla in the baptism.

i can't wait for the baptism, to see sofia and how much she grew up, to see letizia after such a long time and to see leonor and paloma. i think they chose good godparents: paloma deserved it and i'm sure felipe chose konstantin as they are good friends.

Yay we finally have the date :flowers:
But a question here is Konstantin catholic?

Yay we finally have the date :flowers:
But a question here is Konstantin catholic?

I believe that he is catholic. These boys were educated in Spain, but not if they were educated in the catholic fe or the orthodox one. Kardam, the first-born one and Kalina, married for the orthodox rite, but Kyril, Kubrat and Konstantin did it for the catholic rite. The children of Konstantin also are baptized by the catholic rite. In catholic baptism, or the godfather or the godmother must be Catholics. The godparents of Pablo Urdangarin are Kubrat of Bulgaria and Alexia of Greece; Alexia is of orthodox religion, so Kubrat had to be a Catholic.;)

Last edited:
Great choice of the godparents!

I'm so happy they finally announced the date, I started to think whether they are going to babtize her at all :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Without any doubt Sofia will have her both grandmothers wraped around the little finger: the first one has the same name and the second one will be her godmother! :lol:

Without any doubt Sofia will have her both grandmothers wraped around the little finger: the first one has the same name and the second one will be her godmother! :lol:
Yes! :flowers: how cute!

Thanks for the info lula.

I can't wait! I was hoping Paloma would be the godmother.

Yessssss...! we finally have the date !! I love Paloma as godmother!!:flowers:

How wonderful that Paloma is the godmother. Can't wait to see the whole family, especially the little darlings!!!

Back
Top Bottom