Christening of Infanta Leonor: January 14, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Spanish Royal Guests, plus two Bourbon-Sicilies (thanks lula :) )

Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Pilar
Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón y Don José Miguel Fernández Sastrón
Don Juan Gómez Acebo y de Borbón
Don Bruno Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón y Doña Bárbara Cano de la Plaza
Don Beltrán Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón y Doña Laura Ponte Martínez
Don Fernando Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón y Doña Mónica Martín Luque
Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Margarita y Don Carlos Zurita
Don Alfonso Zurita y de Borbón
Doña María Zurita y de Borbón
Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Alicia de Borbón
Su Alteza Real el Infante Don Carlos y Su Alteza Real Doña Ana de Borbón-Dos Sicilias

The Greek Royal Guests, plus a Radziwill

Sus Majestades los Reyes Constantino y Ana María de Grecia
Sus Altezas Reales los Príncipes Pablo de Grecia y Marie Chantal
Su Alteza Real la Princesa Alexia de Grecia y Don Carlos Morales Quintana
Su Alteza Real el Príncipe Nikolaos de Grecia
Su Alteza Real la Princesa Theodora de Grecia
Su Alteza Real la Princesa Irene de Grecia
Su Alteza Serenísima la Princesa Tatiana Radziwill y Señor John Fruchaud

Last edited:
#1-3: Photos from 20 minutos
#4-5: Canarias7

Attachments

• 325563.jpg
    325563.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,624
  • 325576.jpg
    325576.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,855
  • 325562.jpg
    325562.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4,328
  • gal337-17.jpg
    gal337-17.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,830
  • gal337-14.jpg
    gal337-14.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 354
Last edited by a moderator:
From 20 minutos:

Attachments

• 325560.jpg
    325560.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 7,293
  • 325561.jpg
    325561.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,373
  • 325579.jpg
    325579.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,463
Last edited:
What great pics! A beautiful family...Letizia is glowing, Felipe looks so proud..and Lenor...simply adorable.

Lunalu said:
lapopdiva, we have a crush on the same pic !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2006/01/14/325532.jpg

i think it's one of the best i've seen of L for a long time !

Yesssssssss!! I think this is the first picture of her that i can say after marige Felipe that i realy realy like.Because when she was working at TVE she was much more beautiful.Than she lost a lot of weight.Now afther giving birth to Leonor She is The Letizia we always knew.I love to see her today.So I don't care what she's wearing, :D

They all look so happy! I love the pic where Leonor looks at mum right in the eyes.

Thank you! Great pictures of our future Queen Leonor :)
My King, Juan Carlos, looks so tired in the background, it's like he needs to sit down or something. Age is finally getting to him. But I suspect also he is sad just like on te first pictures we had wil him and Leonor at Zarzuela. Not because Leonor is a girl but because, and that's my take, he is facing a royal he might never see crowned because he might not be around when she gets to the throne. It's like seen in her a future you won't be part of. Thus, the look of sadness he seems to have.

But that's just my opinion, or maybe he did not had his cup of coffee yet!:)

lula said:
From terra:
attachment.php

Her eyes! is like she is aware of the ceremony and gives a smile of approval to Mom. :)

Toledo said:
Thank you! Great pictures of our future Queen Leonor :)
My King, Juan Carlos, looks so tired in the background, it's like he needs to sit down or something. Age is finally getting to him. But I suspect also he is sad just like on te first pictures we had wil him and Leonor at Zarzuela. Not because Leonor is a girl but because, and that's my take, he is facing a royal he might never see crowned because he might not be around when she gets to the throne. It's like seen in her a future you won't be part of. Thus, the look of sadness he seems to have.

But that's just my opinion, or maybe he did not had his cup of coffee yet!:)

The King is becoming major, already he is 68 years old and has had a complicated life.
Besides, in this moment there are many and complicated problems in the Spanish politics and have to be passing for very tense moments. And Leonor's topic and the Costitución is a topic of worry, especially because the politicians use it in their own benefit.
Nonetheles, it did grace to me when in the moment in which they were doing the family photos, the King " was extracting chest " ... clear that he is proud of his granddaughter and he will adore her.
But lately the King has too many problems, this week has been complicated in politics.

Leonor is already smiling! All ladies looked beautiful, especcialy mummy Letizia. I thought she would wear something more spectacular, but she looked marvellous next to proud daddy Felipe. And Paloma Rocasolano is more and more glamorous each time I see her.

Thank you everybody for all the wonderful pictures of Infanta Leonor's christening today! :)

I hope that we will get to see pictures of Cristina and Elena's children, as well. I miss them!

By far, this has been my favourite photo, courtesy of the link posted by lula, from LaRazón.

Letizia looks absolutely radiant, glowing, beaming -- I cannot come up with more superlatives to describe how wonderful she looks!

From Elmundo

Attachments

• foto11.jpg
    foto11.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,259
  • foto9.jpg
    foto9.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,577
  • foto8.jpg
    foto8.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 293
  • foto13.jpg
    foto13.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,880
Last edited:
Alexandria said:
By far, this has been my favourite photo, courtesy of the link posted by lula, from LaRazón.

!

i can proudely say "welcome to the club" alexandria :) !
such photo magnifique (with the "i-smile-while-looking-my-mummy")

Attachments

• galeria0_12.jpg
    galeria0_12.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,442
  • galeria0_19.jpg
    galeria0_19.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,863
  • galeria0_21.jpg
    galeria0_21.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,050
  • galeria0_22.jpg
    galeria0_22.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 777
  • galeria0_23.jpg
    galeria0_23.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 392
  • galeria0_24.jpg
    galeria0_24.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 415
  • galeria0_25.jpg
    galeria0_25.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 666
  • galeria0_27.jpg
    galeria0_27.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,042
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the wonderful pictures on the christening. Leonor is adorable and Letizia is gorgeous. She reminds me of Cindy Crawford in a couple of pics.

I wonder why only the Greek Royal Family represented the non-Spanish royals. Were they no other European royal families there?

ysbel said:
Thanks for the wonderful pictures on the christening. Leonor is adorable and Letizia is gorgeous. She reminds me of Cindy Crawford in a couple of pics.

I wonder why only the Greek Royal Family represented the non-Spanish royals. Were they no other European royal families there?

The Greek Royal Family is in the baptism as family of queen Sofía. They have only invited to members of the next family.

Thanks for great pics!
That girl is a real beauty! She is adorable.
Everyone looked so happy and Letizia was so beautiful and shining with happiness. It was a very lovely ceremony by the sound of it.

Thank you for the pictures.
Leonor is a cutie-pie...and she has changed a lot. With this head of thick hair she somehow reminds me of little Juanito as baby.

imagine captures from antena3,tve and tvg

Last edited:
Irene looked so cute, she is a big girl right now! And what a beautiful dress Victoria had!

Thanks a lot for these pictures. it seemed like a lovely, rather private event, as is usual for catholic monarchies (in Belgium and Luxembourg it is the same).
I must add that I have never seen Letizia better looking then today! Leonor is a beautiful baby as well and Queen Sophia seems one of those people who are just always looking perfect.

From 20 minutos

Attachments

• 325645.jpg
    325645.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2,903
Last edited:
I think that Cristina looks sad in the pics, and Iñaki too.
Leonor reminds me of Juanito as baby too.

claudiacasas said:
I think that Cristina looks sad in the pics, and Iñaki too.
Leonor reminds me of Juanito as baby too.

I will not call the way Cristina and Iñaki looks sad.There is an other name for the look on ther faces.:confused:

by far, one of my favorite baptism.
Dona Leonor is going to grow up so beautiful like her mommy...

thanks everyone who post pictures!

Back
Top Bottom