Christening of Infanta Leonor: January 14, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
purple_platinum said:
yes, i noticed that too, Toledo. perhaps they just want to add a bit majestic to the ceremony. ;)

And failed miserably:confused:

hi! im new here and i must tell u i'm a big fan of the spanish royal family. i think letizia is doing a great job. the christening is very simple (i think the danish christening will be very extravagant mind you. with lots of PR and the like. :p)

In these pages of Portuguese magazine VIP, it says that Leonor is the baby nr22 of the Royal House. Also it is written in these pages that Letizia broke the rule of the royal house when named Leonor without more names like felipe and other royal members. To conclude, it is written in the magazine that Felipe will teach very soon the protocol to her daughter.

rchainho said:
Also it is written in these pages that Letizia broke the rule of the royal house when named Leonor without more names like felipe and other royal members.

Letizia cannot break the rules of the royal house all by herself. The King, Queen, and Prince Felipe had to agree to the name.

The family just decided to have only one name, that's all. The magazine is exaggerating.

If I remember correctly, the day they left the hospital Letizia and Felipe said that it was a name that Felipe suggested and that they both liked it because of the historical ramification.

rchainho said:
In these pages of Portuguese magazine VIP, it says that Leonor is the baby nr22 of the Royal House. Also it is written in these pages that Letizia broke the rule of the royal house when named Leonor without more names like felipe and other royal members. To conclude, it is written in the magazine that Felipe will teach very soon the protocol to her daughter.

Already I have explained it. The tradition of putting several names already the Infanta Cristina broke with Miguel and Irene. Besides, it has not been A Letizia's decision, but rather of the Prince, since before the press has been always he who has clarified that the girl would not take any more names. Letizia has never said a word and she might have done it. Everything has a explanation, in the Royal House they are tired of that the press instead of calling by their names the children and choosing the first one of them, chooses the name that they turns out to be more graceful or call them by the entire list. They are children and have their name, nobody knows because the press pledges in saying all.

Felipe Juan Froilán is Felipe
Victoria Federica is Victoria
Juan valentin is Juan
Pablo Nicolás Sebastián is Pablo

Prince Felipe is Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso...Leonor had been all her life supporting that were calling her by a clever long billiard cue of names or that were calling her, for example, Covadonga, because it was 4 name and seemed to the journalists to be nice.
With one only name there are no problems, the girl has hher name decided on her parents and nobody changes it.

:eek: Certainly, who wrote this article needs glasses:p , in one of the pages says " Letizia supported her haughty gesture without doing gestures of fondness to Leonor " ... did we see the same baptism? Because I saw a mother overturned at all time with her daughter:confused:

Last edited:
Infanta Leonor has such a gorgeous eye-colour! A really clear dark blue.

are there no more pics of irene at the christening? she looked sooo cute! :)

Images from elconfidencial

Attachments

• 2006012029en-vena3.jpg
    2006012029en-vena3.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 2006012084en-vena4.jpg
    2006012084en-vena4.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 415
  • 20060120100en-vena5.jpg
    20060120100en-vena5.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 556
Infant Leonor conquers to all in her baptism the Spaniards have new musa: infant Leonor of all the saints. The dribble falls to us! So blond, with those mofletes, its apron of cristianar, so calm... Or they can be removing photos to him during five minutes or to throw the water to him of the Jordán river, that she hardly wakes up of her dream. Thus it is pleasant, is not strange that Letizia Ortiz is more handsome since gave light

She will be that the princess of Asturias stays in form taking to her daughter with only an arm while puts and speaks with means, gesture that very has been criticized nearly protocolic and to consider that it monopolized to the small Leonor. One has also said that the ceremony was very rigid, but the Royal Family dedicated numerous tokens of affection.
The cameras could catch how Reina Doña Sofía approached its granddaughter and it caressed the head to him. With his habitual naturalness, the monarch also went to the press so that it was left certainty of which he retired the declarations that made after the birth of the Leonor, of that said that she was very weeping.
Also, Doña Letizia did not stop of mimar to her daughter and to whisper to him that she was very pretty and she showed very amiable with the medical equipment that took care of to him in the childbirth and with the journalists. In addition, he talked moments with the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, which caused a small cork during the besamanos that let to us delight with the modelito to the Jacqui Kennedy to us who Lucia its wife, Sonsoles Espinosa.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/leonor_infanta_conquista_bautizo_694862.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that at this christening, Letizia and Felipe looked so relaxed and happy and it showed in Leonor's behaviour.

Hello everyone

I am new here! This is only my second post....let me just say what a wonderful (and intimate) ceremony it was and such great pictures especially love the one where mother and daughter smiled lovingly looking at each other!!! Letizia looks stunning and more importantly happier than ever and Leonor is beautiful beyond words!! I hope to see more pictures of both of them in the near future...

Well, it seems like Everybody Loves Leonor, but who wouldn't? She's soooo cute like her cousins, the Spanish Royal House of the future would be amongst the better looking in Europe the equivalent of Grimaldi and Cashiragi in our days:D

This has been my first chance to see the forum since before the 14th and i just knew that there was gonna be soooo much to look at!
All of the ladies looked beautiful and the men are so handsome.:D Little Leonor is just so beautiful...can't wait to see her grow up!

So thanks everyone for the articles, photos and videos;)

Paula** said:
And Leonor's full name?
As you can read in the previous pages, it's Leonor de Todos los Santos Borbón Ortiz.

i was kinda disapointed that they didnt choose more names for her. I like the royal tradition of haveing a bunch of names.

Princejohnny25 said:
i was kinda disapointed that they didnt choose more names for her. I like the royal tradition of haveing a bunch of names.
I believe the choice of the name is, above all, a sample of taste and a sign of time changing.
Nowadays, even we, "normal people", see the simplification of names as a sign of good taste. While in my generation, for example, it was still a sign of distinction to receive a total of 6 names (2 forenames, 2 surnames from our mother side and 2 surnames from the father's side), nowadays more and more parents are cutting down that long panoply and naming the children simply with 3 names (1 forename, 1 surname from the mother's side and 1 surname from the father's side).
The Spanish Royal Family is particularly concerned with being as normal as possible and so does the country request from them, so I believe this makes perfect sense. Her name reflects the modern time when she was born... and still, she has that "quelque chose" that distinguishes her from the rest of the mortals and connects her with her ancestors: she's a "de Todos los Santos" (i.e. of All Saints) and she is a Borbón.;)

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
As you can read in the previous pages, it's Leonor de Todos los Santos Borbón Ortiz.

with the titles is ''su alteza real infanta doña leonor de todos los santos borbon y ortiz'', right? :confused:

corazon said:
with the titles is ''su alteza real infanta doña leonor de todos los santos borbon y ortiz'', right? :confused:

-su Alteza Real Infanta Doña Leonor de Todos los Santos Borbón Ortiz

Leslie2006 said:
What is Infanta Leonor's full name and title?
If i'm not wrong.. her full name is Leonor de Todos los Santos and title is Infanta de España, please correct me if i'm wrong!

Her Royal Highness the Infanta Leonor de Todos los Santos de Borbón Ortiz
BTW: there's a thread for Leonor, so if you want info about her you should check it there;)

crisiñaki said:
Her Royal Highness the Infanta Leonor de Todos los Santos de Borbón Ortiz
BTW: there's a thread for Leonor, so if you want info about her you should check it there;)
She has the title of Infanta de España, right?
But if the Constitution is changed, the Infanta will be Princess of Asturias, right?

Back
Top Bottom