Christening of Infanta Leonor: January 14, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the forums, Alyssaphoebe! :)

Hi everyone, the pictures are great, Leonor is really beautiful and her parents and family looks very happy. I'm glad to see Elena sat next to Letizia and she was all smiles. Letizia looked really well today. I just wonder what happened to Froilan.

Ariel said:
Hi everyone, the pictures are great, Leonor is really beautiful and her parents and family looks very happy. I'm glad to see Elena sat next to Letizia and she was all smiles. Letizia looked really well today. I just wonder what happened to Froilan.

that froilan...he's a little troublemaker.

the pictures were wonderful i agree. everyone looked great. i love seeing photos of the whole family together. they are such a wonderful family. sofia and JC seem like perfect grandparents. i wish i was their grandchild.

Any photographs of Queen Anne-Marie at the baptism?

Wonderful pictures of little infanta,she is sooo cute!!! Princess litizia looked fab, they look so happy, good luck to them, I think the familys compelete now :)

Letizia was in New York to cover Twins Tower attack. I was watching her at Telediario all nights. I´m very glad to know that Letizia speaks in english.

I'm a bit late, but thanks to all who posted these wonderful pictures :)

Infanta Leonor de Todos Los Santos is Very pretty! She's so serene and sweet!
May she has a great life and be a great woman!!

Thank you to everyone for the pictures and explanations of the ceremony. The baptism was simple,but lovely. The Spanish Royals are my favorite Royals they seem to be so family oriented and close. Welcome alyssaphoebe. I'm glad you joined.:)

i'm just wondering if anyone know there'a video anywhere of the christening of infanta Leonor??

Sadie, I agree that in that photo she looks like Juan Valentin. In others I have glimpsed profile shots that remind me of Miguel....and then at other times I have really thought she resembles (not in coloring but in facial structure) her maternal grandfather, Jesus Ortiz. No wonder Felipe said he wasn't really sure who she resembled! She is a beautiful little baby, though.

Emily said:
Sadie, I agree that in that photo she looks like Juan Valentin. In others I have glimpsed profile shots that remind me of Miguel....and then at other times I have really thought she resembles (not in coloring but in facial structure) her maternal grandfather, Jesus Ortiz. No wonder Felipe said he wasn't really sure who she resembled! She is a beautiful little baby, though.

To me she's a pure Borbon but thankfully this generation of the family has lost most of the bad characteristics of the infamous "Borbon nose" because endogamy ended with Juan, the Count of Barcelona; so I think the 11th generation of the House of Borbon in Spain is by far the most attractive ever

sleonor6.jpg
Future Queen Leonor baptized at Zarzuela Palace

Spain's future queen, Princess Leonor, was baptized on Saturday at a one-hour service at the Zarzuela Palace. Leonor is the first daughter of Crown Prince Felipe and his wife, Princess Letizia, and is second-in-line to the throne after Felipe. Leonor spent the ceremony sleeping in the arms of her mother, and only opened her eyes when the cardinal archbishop of Madrid, Antonio María Rouco Varela, sprinkled water from the River Jordan on her head. The royal family and that of Princess Letizia were of course present. Leonor was born two and a half months ago. King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are Leonor's godparents. Among those present were prime minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero and Madrid regional premier Esperanza Aguirre.
http://www.spainherald.com/2006-01-16news.html#2518

Emily said:

I also think she looks a lot like her grandfather Jesus Ortiz!!!!!!!!

I am glad to hear that Felipe & Letizia are planning on having more children! They seem to really enjoy being parents to Leonor and it's great to see them be so enthusiastic about adding to their attractive family. I'm looking forward to the future Prince and Princesses that Spain will have in the future!

I dont think it is that important to who she resembles, as long as she is a happy and healthy baby. She has both of her parents genes, so it is obvious she will take some of both of them and that enrich her, she is not just a borbon but also an Ortiz, which I think is great and not a reason for rejection.

thank you every one for the lovely pictures.....i thought the ceremony was very beautiful - simple with understated grace.

And CP Letizia...WOW...talk about motherhood glow! She's just so beautiful and baby Leonor has very obviously taken both her parents good looks! It'll be a joy to watch her grow and see her unfolding beauty!!!

http://www.hola.com/abonados/famosos/2006/01/14/togores-bautizoleo/?auth=yes

After keeping, for some time, a discreet background position at the most significant moments that have involved the life of the Princes of Asturias, the figure of Ana Togores receives now more and more relevancy arround the family of Doña Letizia. As time passes by, the journalist, who was able to keep a discreet position during some time, is now recovering positions by the hand of her husband.

Thus it has happened now, at the baptism of the little Infanta of Spain. Although, for protocol requests, they were apart during the photographic session that anticipated the ceremony, the wife of Jesus Ortiz was present at the celebration that followed the baptism: an intimate dinner about which we don’t know how many tables were arranged, nor the number of guests. Anyway, independently from where the father of the Princess was seated during that dinner, Ana would always be accompanied by her mother-in-law, Menchu Álvarez del Valle (with whom she keeps a very good relationship), her sister-in-law (Henar Ortiz), Claudia (the daughter of Henar) and Doña Marisol Alvarez del Valle (the older sister of Menchu).

Motherhood makes Letizia glow. She is far more beautiful today than at her engagement and wedding.

Thank you all for those beautiful pictures and interesting anedoctes.:D

I'll repeat what everyone has already said in here, Letizia looked absolutely stunning. She and Felipe are so careful and doting parents!

And I also loved the pictures of Jaime playing with Irene and the one in which the Queen tells her grandsons to behave (I sure wouldn't like to be in the receiving end of a look like that!:p )

Please could someone tell me where Froilon was during the ceremony.A number of other members have asked this question but noone seems to give us an answer.Please help if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlene, I'm affraid no one here knows the answer... What seems evident is that Felipe Froilán didn't attend the baptism, but no reason was given in the press.

Elsa M. said:
Marlene, I'm affraid no one here knows the answer... What seems evident is that Felipe Froilán didn't attend the baptism, but no reason was given in the press.

Felipe was in the baptism, today in Spanish television in the Television newscast they have put new images and the child was. It seems to be that he was the only one that was kept in the place where he had to be.;)

It's strange that he wasn't with his parents... all the other children were...

Back
Top Bottom