World Economic Forum, Davos: 2000-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am confused, I just checked the WEF news at their website, and they don't mention the participation of queen Rania

World Economic Forum - Annual Meeting 2008

World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2008 - a photoset on Flickr
She's definitely attending, she does so every year because she is a YGL board member.

Here's details fo her session,

World Economic Forum - Podcasts and Webcasts

I think this is the third or fourth time that she has worked closely with Gordon Brown.

Last edited by a moderator:
CNN and Reuters both say that she's expected to be there

She was billed to take part in today's working session with the actress, Emma Thompson and students picked by the British Council but there was no sign of her. Maybe there was a change of schedule for her.

She definitely wasn't there?

I only knew of tomorrow's session but when I was looking through the programme today I saw her name listed.

She wasn't in the photos, only Emma Thompson with the teenagers.

More photos:
Yahoo! News Search Results for queen rania

It was great to see the Queen participating, I watched the session live and her input was great. The two ladies on the panel (Indira Nooyi and Queen Rania) really held their own, imo.

Plus I loved her message of thanks to Gordon Brown, very professional.

Getty:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Rania and Gordon Brown look like they get along very well!

The official WEF photos are available of flickr
World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2008 - a photoset on Flickr

Video of Rania's second session
World Economic Forum - Podcasts and Webcasts

I like her Miu Miu handbag, she´s beautiful. Nice outfit and shoes. Thank´s Little Star.

Petra has posted these two photos with today's date, however I don't think either are from Davos.

YAL forum was taken in Davos and WFP conference too, I think both activities was been today. I hope see more pictures.

I think her handbag is a little bit to big and I don't like her shoes, but her outfit is really nice. She was great at the discussion imo.

she most likely had files/folders in her bag. There are several pictures of her from Davos last year and in previous years where you can see her taking papers out of her handbag and then studying a folder or writing notes.

I saw QR earlier today on CNN. She was talking to Becky Anderson about the situation in the Gaza Strip and the humanitarian crisis resulting from it.
Its been a while since I've seen her on tv, she looked wonderful, fresh and lovely.

she most likely had files/folders in her bag. There are several pictures of her from Davos last year and in previous years where you can see her taking papers out of her handbag and then studying a folder or writing notes.
I know that QR likes big handbags. I don't think that it looks bad, but I generally don't like big handbags ;). I would like to see the video. Is it available on internet? Thanks for the new pictures. I like her dress, she looks beautiful.

Video from CNN:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I like the dress but not the belt.

Sorry but the black draped dress doesn't need a belt. If she thought it wasn't fitted enough to be flattering, she shouldn't have worn it at all. And why her day shoes from the morning's meeting with what is essentially a cocktail dress?

The dress is navy blue and I actually think the black belt completes the look. The black shoes go with the belt.

I know that QR likes big handbags. I don't think that it looks bad, but I generally don't like big handbags ;). I would like to see the video. Is it available on internet?

well big bags have been in vogue for a couple of seasons and I suppose they must come in handy when someone has a busy schedule or is travelling overseas, not counting the dinner QR seems to have had four engagements yesterday, YGL/INJAZ, WFP and the two WEF sessions (the corporate session and the education roundtable).
I only have these two pics from last year's meeting at davos (i saw the video on CNN last year so cant help you with that, sorry)
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
you'll find similar pictures from previous davos meetings and others like the YGL forum in 2005.

Last edited:
I think the belt is brown and the shoes are the same from the morning :rolleyes:.

I like all what she wore, it was simple and of good tasteher dinner dress has a nice cut and color, her hairdo suits her, and her make-up is refined

Sorry but the black draped dress doesn't need a belt. If she thought it wasn't fitted enough to be flattering, she shouldn't have worn it at all. And why her day shoes from the morning's meeting with what is essentially a cocktail dress?
Lack of time?

Indira Nooyi is wearing the same (or a very similar outfit) as what she wore during the day. The WEF isn't a fashion parade so I expect both ladies had other things on their mind....

January 26

Queen Rania has a habbit of recycling items during a single trip. If she's on a state or official visit, she'll use the same handbag during several engagements, or she'll wear the same earrings to a day and evening event. She obviously doesn't like to travel with a whole lot of accessories.
I know when Im travelling I tend to pack shoes/handbages that will go with more than one outfit (sometimes I'll just carry one handbag with me to use throughout the visit). It just makes things easier, I dont use up as much space and dont have to carry a lot of weight.
Now I doubt Rania has that problem but even then its a matter of convenience. And when you're someone like her and have to attend multiple events in a single day, you try to save time but cutting up on the amount of things you have to change into.

I dont think Queen Rania participated in any sessions herself yesterday however it does seem that she was around to meet the delegates, I know that she likes to drop in to watch sessions that interest her.

Some new pictures from the 26th:

DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 26JAN08 - Bono (L), Musician, DATA (DEBT, AIDS, TRADE, AFRICA), United Kingdom meets H.M. Queen Rania Al Abdullah of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum, at the Annual Meeting 2008 of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, January 26, 2008.
DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 26JAN08 - H.M. Queen Rania Al Abdullah of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum meets Tony Blair, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1997-2007); Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum; Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2008, at the Annual Meeting 2008 of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, January 26, 2008.

There was a gala soiree on the evening of the 26th but I haven't seen any pictures of Rania or of the other heads-of-state and prominent figures at Davos for that matter.

Last edited:
Jordan Times

AMMAN (JT) - Her Majesty Queen Rania on Friday spoke out about the deteriorating situation in Gaza, highlighting the humanitarian crisis in the strip.

The newspaper then mentions that she attended a WEF working session entitled “Girls Count” as well as the launch of a campaign to support the work readiness skills of high school students across the Arab world via INJAZ Al Arab, both on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom