World Economic Forum, Davos: 2000-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More pics

Queen Rania listens as His Majesty King Abdullah II talks during a conversation focusing on the global agenda in 2010 from the perspective of the Middle East as moderator Fareed Zakaria from Newsweek listens at the World Economic Forum.
Davos, Switzerland/ January 29, 2010

Queen Rania attends the inaugural board meeting of the "2015: Women and EXPO” project

Queen Rania attends a plenary session entitled: “Rebuilding Education for the 21st Century”, held at the World Economic Forum in Davos

ImageShack -
http://www.rexfeatures.com/live/2010/01/29/world_economic_forum,_davos,_switzerland?display=T

Last edited:
"My interview w BBC World News’ @NikGowing airs tonight on new prog. ‘The Hub’ @ 16:00 GMT in case u have nothing better to do"

Clymene, you're absolutely right with your last comment. Does anyone know if QR and/or her team know the questions before each interview, so that they can 'beautify' or 'shape' her answers? She always sounds well-prepared, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

She'd have to be prepared, if she's at the WEF to talk about education, she isn't going to show up without doing her homework; not to mention the fact that when you spend years talking about an issue and calling attention to it, talking about it becomes almost second nature.
Journalists do not hand in their questions before interviews. Most of them would scorn the idea. They might hint at the subject they'd like to focus on.

Sounds reasonable.;) Thanks for the quick reply anyway Humera!!:flowers:

I have seen a few interviews with Queen Rania during the World Economic Forum and I must say that she is one remarkable woman.

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Rex Features ( 1099136a ) The Mayor of Milan Letizia Moratti and Queen Rania of Jordan World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland - 29 Jan 2010 The Mayor of Milan Letizia Moratti nominated Queen Rania as Honourary President of the '015 Women and Expo Project'
http://i45.tinypic.com/xdsaw6.jpg

Clymene, you're absolutely right with your last comment. Does anyone know if QR and/or her team know the questions before each interview, so that they can 'beautify' or 'shape' her answers? She always sounds well-prepared, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I also agree that when you ar dealing with a subject for long time and you believe it, you can easily ''guess'' the questions. She doesn't give some kind of exams when giving her interviews, she is trying - I believe- to pass her message.

Personnally I believe that journalists do give questions. I'm sure for example that the media relations division at the White House never says yes for an interview (or at least not very often) without having the questions. I remember that there was an interview Queen Rania gave this fall on a US channel (I think maybe on GMA or MSNBC, with Katie Couric, bu again can't remember exactly) and it was too perfect to be completely natural. But this is how public relations work. And whether she's usually given the questions or not, she's very well prepared, and she's very eloquent. I mean, I think very few people could have the same results even with the questions given.
However, I've been following the Queen for the past 5 years, I've watched many of her interviews, and I think that she has made a huge progress. That's what I mean by "her communications team makes a very good job". She obviously has outstanding skills for what she does, but I'm pretty sure that she's been coached too.

:previous: This makes sense, especially if you think of all these minor actors or singers that demand to be given the questions before each interview; or else, they just refuse to do it.;) Nobody in a position like QR's would risk to go there unprepared and get exposed to severe and/or adverse criticism.:flowers:

don't forget when she does several interviews for one cause like Goal 1, the questions become repetitive, so she's had plenty of opportunities to rehearse her answers because she has to repeat them so many times. I've stopped watching as many interviews because sometimes it seems we're not hearing anything new at all.

Here's an article I found really interesting. It's always great to get some first-hand impressions from those who were actually part of the event.

JP Rangaswami: thoughts from Davos Part 3

Davos is about bringing an eclectic group of enthusiastic people together for a high-intensity burst of activity, providing them access to expertise and to empowerment, and giving them an environment where stuff happens.
Take for example Queen Rania's Jordan Education Initiative, conceived at WEF in 2006, and now a full-blown and successful working machine. Was that the end of it? No. She's moved on, taken things further. It's now the Global Education Initiative, focused on the 72 million children who aren't in school. Is that elitist? A talking shop? I don't think so. Queen Rania's an amazing woman and one of her sayings really got to me: The saddest thing is not death, it's when your dreams die when you are alive. JP Rangaswami: thoughts from Davos Part 3 - Telegraph

:previous: I really enjoyed this video!:flowers: Rania was so relaxed and witty (in the end)!

:previous: Thank you for the video, Reeda!:flowers: I was surprised to see George Soros. Never knew how he looked. He was romantically linked to Q.Noor in the past.;)

:previous: Thank you for the video, Reeda!:flowers: I was surprised to see George Soros. Never knew how he looked. He was romantically linked to Q.Noor in the past.;)
Before her marriage to king Hussein or after that ?

After K.Hussein's death, dear. Many years after that actually. I think they haven't been together since 2006 or 2007, I'm not sure.

Do we know if Rania will take part in the Davos 2011 meetings?

Last edited by a moderator:
in wich day exactely QRania will be in the forum?
i couldn't find anything about her attendance yet.

I haven't heard about the WEFA before, i'm watching a bit of it on the news now with Bill and Melinda Gates. It looks interesting.

Back
Top Bottom