World Economic Forum, Davos: 2000-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally I doubt Rania will be attending this year, she usually attends form day 1 of the WEF, there also has been no coverage of her events there or her leaving for Davos by Petra so far.

Maybe swiss newspaper just wrote that she attends because she attends every year.
I also dont think we will see her.

Now I found this. Bazonline.ch: "Also missing the Jordanian Queen Rania. "The sunshine," as she is affectionately called here earlier in Davos by the hoteliers, is also for years a regular at the Landwassertal."

http://translate.google.de/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbazonline.ch%2Fschweiz%2Fstandard%2FWas-Davoser-vom-Knall-im-Posthotel-wissen%2Fstory%2F31649741

Last edited:
Pity. Who knows why they don't attend.

due to a lot of trouble in the arab world after the crash of the tunisian président

due to a lot of trouble in the arab world after the crash of the tunisian président

I agree ; crucial time and everyone is watching his steps carefully .

Queen Rania has missed the annual meeting a couple of times, due to pregnancy and once when she injured herself while exercising.
I'd have liked to see her there too but we can look forward to May when the WEF's Middle Eastern meeting will be held in Jordan.
She's a member of the WEF's Foundation Board so I'm sure we'll see her in Davos next year. King Abdullah, on the other hand, only attends the Annual Meetings once every couple of years as a guest speaker.

Last edited:
given the situation in the ME right now I was sure they won't attend this year.
that would be odd if they do IMO.

After two years Queen Rania returns to Davos. On Thursday January 24, 2013 the Queen will be one of the participants at the session: The Global Development Outlook, together with British PM, David Cameron, and UN Secretary, Ban Ki moon

Last edited by a moderator:
Arab world takes centre stage at Davos

...The Arab world takes centre stage at the World Economic Forum in Davos on Friday with Jordan's King Abdullah II set to address global political and business leaders...

Read on Yahoo news

Apparently not. Letizia apparently never attends according to a previous poster who responded to your last question.

and because they have attended? Spain has no representative there???

and because they have attended? Spain has no representative there???

I don't know if they have a representative, you would have to look through the thread. If no one has been sent, it was clearly up to Spain.

Can someone clarify please? There are 2 events, in effect - World Leaders where Heads of Government attend and the "Young Leaders" which is the event that CP Mary, CPs Norway attend. Letizia (if she attended) would attend the latter.

Is this correct?

Can someone clarify please? There are 2 events, in effect - World Leaders where Heads of Government attend and the "Young Leaders" which is the event that CP Mary, CPs Norway attend. Letizia (if she attended) would attend the latter.

Is this correct?

I'm trying to clarify:

The Leadership Team | World Economic Forum - The Leadership Team
"The World Economic Forum is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas."
So it's not only for Heads of Governments (in fact there are also many celebrities). You can read more about the history of the WEF here.

The Forum of Young Global Leaders | World Economic Forum - The Forum of Young Global Leaders
"Young Global Leaders represent the future of leadership, coming from all regions of the world and representing business, government, civil society, arts & culture, academia and media, as well as social entrepreneurs.
Set up as an independent not-for-profit foundation, under the supervision of the Swiss Government, the Forum of Young Global Leaders works in close cooperation with the World Economic Forum to integrate young leaders into deep interaction with other stakeholders of global society."

You have to be nominated when you are under 40 to be a Young Global Leader (and by this being able to attend their meetings). You can be a member for a max of 5 years, but you can still be active somehow afterwards (e.g. CP Haakon was YGL from 2005-2010 and has now become a new member of The Foundation Board of the YGL Community).

There were 2 events which are closely related: The YGL-sessions took place at the days before the WEF has started. So CP Mary attended both YGL seminars and WEF seminars in the capacity of being a Young Global Leader. She was appointed a YGL due to her being Founder and Chairman of The Mary Foundation.

I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Yes - thank you very much, this really helps.

felipe and letizia not are invited ???
Spain probably approach this meeting like most countries, the officials that actually can make a difference and participate on behalf of their respective countries attend. My guess is the Spanish central bank and highranking government officials were there.

There are 2500+ participants at the event. If you are willing to pay $50,000+ to be there (you pay even if "invited") then I presume we can all attend.

Back
Top Bottom