Working visit to New York: September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you noticed how Rania always has a color theme either during her visits abroad or for a few weeks/months in Jordan? In the beginning years as queen she wore white a lot and then started wearing turquoise blue a lot. For this visit, it seems she's wearing only browns.

also, did Rania appear on GMA already? or was it a taped sequence that's going to be aired later?

Last edited by a moderator:
madonna23 said:
Have you noticed how Rania always has a color theme either during her visits abroad or for a few weeks/months in Jordan? In the beginning years as queen she wore white a lot and then started wearing turquoise blue a lot. For this visit, it seems she's wearing only browns.
Can't say I really thought about it, although it could just be a seasonal thing. After all, browns tend to be viewed as autumnal colours.

madonna23 said:

also, did Rania appear on GMA already? or was it a taped sequence that's going to be aired later?

Madonna23 very interesting observation! I just always thought she liked the color white because it made her dark hair/eyes/skin stand out. I love that color on her. But you're right she seems to be wearing a lot browns on this trip--I wonder how and if she truly does pick a color theme or she's doing it because it's Fall?

I checked GMA website and there was nothing there today so maybe it will be pretaped and aired later. We should keep and eye on that.

I been watching CNN and I saw a clips of the lunchen. K.A. was sitting at the table with the President. Not to sound silly, but can someone tell me Where the QUeen was? Was she their or not or was she doing something else. Thanks....

I just saw Queen Rania on Good Morning America. Besides looking absolutely fabulous, she is a remarkable woman. Very well spoken. I used to pronounce her name as Ran-ya but now I know its Ron-ya.:)

kerry said:
I just saw Queen Rania on Good Morning America. Besides looking absolutely fabulous, she is a remarkable woman. Very well spoken. I used to pronounce her name as Ran-ya but now I know its Ron-ya.:)
Kerry, you were right before, it is actually pronounced Ran-ya not Ron-ya, whoever pronounced it Ron-ya is definetly not an Arab and doesn't know the right pronounciation, hope this is of some help :flowers:

I noticed the pronounciation difference as well (in my mind I always called her "RAN-ya" myself:) ). It was nice to see her in a major American morning show again. She was on the "Today" show a while ago after Hashem was born IIRC. Beautiful and elegant as always.:flowers:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan waves from the stage of a panel discussion about Managing Diversity in a Globalized World at the Clinton Global

from terra

72087b7ecb89cghc1.jpg

[/FONT]

thanks little star, i'm going to try and watch
how gracious to not correct someone on live tv saying your name wrong, i would have been rude and corrected them and made them look like an idiot. sorry i missed it

The Good Morning America interview she probably pre-taped.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2472279&page=1

Sept. 21, 2006 — Jordan's Queen Rania Al-Abdullah believes that Muslims have been victims of stereotypes and that Pope Benedict XVI's recent comments about Islam underscore the prejudice many feel worldwide.

Getty has photos up from her appearance at the CGI this morning.

From left, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Afghanistan 's President Hamid Karzai, Queen Rania of Jordan and Fareed Zakaria, editor of Newsweek International, participate in a panel at the 2nd annual Clinton Global Initiative Thursday, Sept. 21, 2006, in New York. The initiative was started by former President Bill Clinton to act as forum where leaders from all over the world can discuss and develop solutions to global issues. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig and REUTERS/Chip East)

Last edited:
From Petra:

Queen Rania Chosen as Member in UN Institution

Queen Rania Participates in Clinton Global Initiative session

Last edited:
Jordan brings together 11 countries for new forum

NEW YORK (AFP) - Jordan's King Abdullah II is to unveil a new forum for economic and political cooperation among 11 mostly lower and middle income countries on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.

The so-called Group of Eleven (G11) will include Croatia, Ecuador, Georgia, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Morocco, Pakistan, Paraguay, Sri Lanka and Tunisia. Yahoo News

Jordan's king launches the group of Lower-Middle Income Countries

NEW YORK Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf said the international community ought to reward rather than penalize countries such as his for their economic growth and reform.
. . .
Musharraf was speaking at a meeting of 11 countries known as Lower-Middle Income Countries at which Jordan's King Abdullah II officially launched an initiative to create a forum for cooperation and knowledge-sharing to promote their shared interests.
A communique by the grouping, known as the G-11, said its aim was to mobilize global recognition and international support. It held its first meeting on the the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly ministerial meetings. International Herald Tribune

Pictures from Petra

Last edited:
Thanks for the links to Rania and Abdullah's activities whilst in the States.

Rania looks great as always but it's what comes out of her mouth that's most important. I was looking at the message board of GMA and someone had posted that it was a pity more people couldn't listen to what Rania had to say about the misunderstandings that can occur when people from different cultures in this world we have now of globalisation just don't seem to be able to understand each other and how Muslims are perceived in the world.

She really seems to have come into her own as she matures and gains more confidence about public speaking, I think she creates generally a good impression - well she does to me anyway and I'm a non muslim.

And yes, I noticed that she seems to be very much dressed in brown at the moment, her outfit on the first day was all brown and then in Harlem it was brown and now on GMA (pity there is no video for her speaking only the transcript - was there one?).

Although I think brown is usually popular in autumn/winter anyway.

I think Rania needs to cut her hair. It's really getting too long and starting to look tacky and unmanagable. I doesn't look elegent anymore.

http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/memb...1&cbgraf=1&cbill=1&cbcari=1&cbpage=1&cbcart=1

In preparation for the opening of a children's museum in Jordan, Her Majesty Queen Rania visits the Museum of Natural History in New York City, and met with Museum educators (here with Museum President Ellen Futter) and New York City high school students. In the Discovery Room, Queen Rania presents a doll from Her Majesty's personal collection to be added to the Dolls exhibit there.

Newscom.com has photos of her visiting the Museum of Natural History. Her entire wardrobe for this trip appears to be new, and she appears to be wearing, on average, two outfits a day.

Getty has photos of the king at the Clinton Global Initiative.

Somebody can enlarge newscom pics? Thank´s

niki said:
I think Rania needs to cut her hair. It's really getting too long and starting to look tacky and unmanagable. I doesn't look elegent anymore.

It is getting a bit long, but I wouldn't say it's getting tacky or unmanagable. It looked lovely during her natural history museum trip.

tesaweer said:
Kerry, you were right before, it is actually pronounced Ran-ya not Ron-ya, whoever pronounced it Ron-ya is definetly not an Arab and doesn't know the right pronounciation, hope this is of some help :flowers:

Thanks for the correction. Diane Sawyer interviewed Queen Rania on Good Morning America. Maybe we can all send ABC.com an e-mail on the correct pronunciation!:lol: :flowers:

bbb said:
thanks little star, i'm going to try and watch
how gracious to not correct someone on live tv saying your name wrong, i would have been rude and corrected them and made them look like an idiot. sorry i missed it

OMG, you are so cruel! I like that! I would've done the same, too.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
kerry said:
Thanks for the correction. Diane Sawyer interviewed Queen Rania on Good Morning America. Maybe we can all send ABC.com an e-mail on the correct pronunciation!:lol: :flowers:
My pleasure Kerry, it can get better though, last year I attended a charity gala at the Grovesnar House Hotel in London and queen Raniya was patron of the foundation, when she arrived the announcer went on to say " Ladies and gentlemen, Her Majesty Queen Rona" it was so embarrasing yet hilarious at the same time :lol:

Adamari said:
In the Discovery Room, Queen Rania presents a doll from Her Majesty's personal collection to be added to the Dolls exhibit there.

Thats sweet. I wish we could enlarge then newscom pics:sad:

Her entire wardrobe for this trip appears to be new

She's wearing at least three recycled items of clothing. I will post the pics in the recycling thread.

She's dressed all in brown again I see!

I love that second pic down in Harlem - she has one killer smile - just amazing!

Looks lovely and elegant as ever. Often wearing the same colour can be a bit much on some people, but she gets it just right.

Thanks for the links by the way everyone.

On the newscom site you have to register to see the full size pics, just to answer a previous posters query.

As for her hair....yes it is getting rather long but I still think it looks lovely, but it's very time keeping to look after and it can look messy in certain conditions - I know about it because I used to have long hair just like hers.

I like the fact that Rania goes to places like museums and so on, I wonder if she personally chooses these places or are they picked for her?

Any idea?

Yes she goes to a lot of museums, in France, Greece, Austria, the US, as well as Jordan etc.
This recent visit to the Natural History Museum was in conjunction with the opening of a childrens' museum in Jordan. Sometimes the visit is relevant in terms of other projects Rania's involved in and other times its just out of personal interest.

September 21, 2006 - Clinton Global Initiative Annual Dinner

Last edited:
Thank you Humera.

I love visiting museums, just so interesting.

I think Rania probably likes them as well but also they fit into her projects at the same time in some cases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom