Working visit to France: March 19-21, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KING AND QUEEN DEPART FOR PARIS
AMMAN, MARCH 19 (PETRA)-- THEIR MAJESTIES KING ABDULLAH II AND QUEEN RANIA LEFT AMMAN ON SUNDAY HEADING FOR PARIS ON A THREE-DAY WORKING VISIT, DURING WHICH HIS MAJESTY WILL HOLD TALKS WITH FRENCH PRESIDENT JAQUES CHIRAC ON DEVELOPING THE BILATERAL RELATIONS AND THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Mar/19/555675200.htm

Hi there,

I read Petra news that King Abdullah and Queen Rania left Amman today (19.03.06) heading for Paris...

I am just curious who tooked care of little Prince Hussein, Princess Iman, Princess Salma and baby Prince Hashem?

I know QR said--perhaps in "People"--they were making every effort to coordinate their schedules so one of them--KA or QR--would be with the children in Amman, but clearly this is impossible if they are going on a trip together. The children's nannies are no doubt there and perhaps they designate a family member or two, as well. I believe KH and QN turned to Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath when they had to go on joint visits--and so KH's brother and sister in law would watch their children. Perhaps the same thing is being done by QR and KA but it would be interesting to know who they have designated, formally, to watch over their children should something ever occur while they were out of the country and the children were at home. QR has a very close relationship with her family--perhaps her parents help out when she has to leave for a visit with her husband.....

syima said:
Hi there,

I read Petra news that King Abdullah and Queen Rania left Amman today (19.03.06) heading for Paris...

I am just curious who tooked care of little Prince Hussein, Princess Iman, Princess Salma and baby Prince Hashem?

i guess the pic answers part of your question syima! i bet salma is with hashem as well and the two older kids are at school.

Great they`re now in France..hoping they have a great visit

Did you see the petra pic of Rania with Hashem... he's so very cute!!! Adorable!!!!

he looks adorable indeed! and so far he's a blond like his sisters. Prince Hussein was different, he had dark hair even as a baby, atleast in all the pictures I've seen of him.

King, Queen arrive in France

Amman, 19/3/2006, (Communication & Information Division - Royal Hashemite Court) -- Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Sunday arrived in France on a three-day visit, during which the King will hold talks with President Jacques Chirac on Mideast issues as well as means to develop bilateral ties. King Abdullah II Official Website - News

Last edited:
what happens if hashem starts crying during these meetings? i'm sure they're not that offical or anything but still, it must be kind of funny to have the baby crying while political/economic/whatever talks are going on..

madonna23 said:
what happens if hashem starts crying during these meetings? ..

I was think of that also :D
god prince Hashem very cute .

madonna23 said:
what happens if hashem starts crying during these meetings? i'm sure they're not that offical or anything but still, it must be kind of funny to have the baby crying while political/economic/whatever talks are going on..

I don't think also that those are official meetings or something like that,looks like a private visit,otherwise,the king and the queen would be welcomed by the french president and his spouse at their arrival.

that is very cute for Rania to bring Hashem with her.
but, What is the protocol for that? Is it ok to bring a child into a meeting?

Kings received by President of France and wife

from getty

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 388
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 395
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 332
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Images from profimedia

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 362
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1,742
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 318
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
20060320 - France - Paris
PRESIDENT JACQUES CHIRAC RECEIVED the KING ABDULLAH II OF JORDAN FOR a meeting at L'ÉLYSÉE
the President of the Republic, Mr. Jacques CHIRAC, received on Monday, March 20, 2006, King Abdullah II of Jordan at Elysée palace. With this occasion the Head of the State and the king of Jordan evoked, inter alia subjects, the situation in the Middle East as well as the file of the Iranian nuclear power.

photos by Laurent Sazy/Deadline Photo Press

From the Arrival & Press Conference :
King Abdullah & the ever elegant Queen Rania

Last edited by a moderator:
more from EPA via ANP :

Attachments

• 2543963.jpg
    2543963.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,155
  • 2544262.jpg
    2544262.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 2544071.jpg
    2544071.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 2544063.jpg
    2544063.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 2544012.jpg
    2544012.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 2543992.jpg
    2543992.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 2543991.jpg
    2543991.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 368
  • 2543744.jpg
    2543744.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 289
more from EPA via ANP :

Attachments

• 2544381.jpg
    2544381.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 2544407.jpg
    2544407.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 2543739.jpg
    2543739.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 2543741.jpg
    2543741.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 2543742.jpg
    2543742.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 323
  • 2543901.jpg
    2543901.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 347
Hi there MaryShawn,

Thank for posting ur information to here! I agree with you what you have said in the post: QR has a very close relationship with her family--perhaps her parents help out when she has to leave for a visit with her husband.....

Today, I check petra news.. Oh Queen Rania and King Abdullah tooked little Prince hashem to Paris with them... Perhap they can't leave Prince Hashem for someone else in their family to take care if they did he might be weeping I want mummy?

I looks at the pic he is such really cute baby!!!
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Mar/19/7395I.htm

maryshawn said:
I know QR said--perhaps in "People"--they were making every effort to coordinate their schedules so one of them--KA or QR--would be with the children in Amman, but clearly this is impossible if they are going on a trip together. The children's nannies are no doubt there and perhaps they designate a family member or two, as well. I believe KH and QN turned to Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath when they had to go on joint visits--and so KH's brother and sister in law would watch their children. Perhaps the same thing is being done by QR and KA but it would be interesting to know who they have designated, formally, to watch over their children should something ever occur while they were out of the country and the children were at home. QR has a very close relationship with her family--perhaps her parents help out when she has to leave for a visit with her husband.....

Apparently the first day of their visit was a private one,that explains why Rania took her baby with her,the official visit began only today as they were received by French president and his wife.

Last edited:
in the fourth picture at the top of the thread, it looks like the pres and king are doing some kind of spanish dance....

madonna23 said:
in the fourth picture at the top of the thread, it looks like the pres and king are doing some kind of spanish dance....

loooooooooooool :D

I noticed that presdent always moves his hands .

I am quit familar with Chirac's gestural,which makes him deserving his puppet on the french show in Canal+ "Les guignoles de l'info" :).I think he's trying to express himself talking in English.

Queen Rania is the most elegant and stylish royal lady in my opinion...
and,
Both Queen Rania and King Abdullah look really nice;)

I'd just finished to watch news of french TV "TF1" and there was no mention to KA&QR's visit to France,they talked about the president Chirac's activities today,but nothing about his meeting with the king and the queen.

thank you for the pictures everyone, they're wonderful.
QR is wearing the same outfit she wore in Greece a few months ago only back then she had her hair pulled up. It looks so different with her hair down. I like this look better, she looks more girly and fresh, very lovely.

ps..I didnt know Princess Rym was going to Paris too. Its good to see her.

Pictures from Reuters via Yahoo

Last edited:
Chirac urges to avoid sanctions on Palestinians

French President Jacques Chirac on Monday urged the international community to avoid sanctions on the Palestinians even if Hamas offers no clear, quick responses to demands that it renounce violence and recognize Israel. Chirac was speaking after meetings in Paris with Jordan's King Abdullah II, who suggested in an interview released Monday that the region could plunge into chaos if the Palestinians don't have their own state within two years.

The meeting with the king reflects Chirac's efforts to court Arab countries and, increasingly, to project himself as a force of moderation between the West and the Muslim world. "We must find a way to pursue European aid to the Palestinian people ... without it being sent where it shouldn't be," Chirac said. He apparently meant aid shouldn't go directly to Hamas which the European Union and United States consider a terrorist group but directly to needy Palestinians.
Chirac urges to avoid sanctions on Palestinians - Pravda.Ru

Petra pics

KING'S ADDRESS AT THE EU-US PRESS CLUB
Full text here

Petra pics

Last edited:
Time running out for Mideast peace - King Abdullah

PARIS, March 20 (Reuters) - Jordan's King Abdullah said on Monday he believed the Israeli-Palestinian peace process had only two years left before changes on the ground would make it redundant and condemn the region to more years of strife.

The international community was tired of the failure to make a breakthrough and risked washing its hands of the peace process with potentially disastrous results, Abdullah told the European-American Press Club.
Reuters Alertnet

KING ORDERS URGENT AIDS FOR PALESTINIAN PEOPLE

AMMAN, MARCH 20 (PETRA) -- HIS MAJESTY KING ABDULLAH ON MONDAY ORDERED AN URGENT AIDS TO BE DISPATCHED TO PALESTINIANS WHO ARE SUFFERING OF ACUTE SHORTAGE OF BASIC FOOD STUFF.
KING ABDULLAH UNDERSCORED JORDAN'S STAND LEADERSHIP, PEOPLE BESIDE THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE IN THESE DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES AS ISRAEL REPEATEDLY CLOSES THE CROSSING POINTS THAT LINK PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES WITH OUT WORLD.
KING ABDULLAH HELD TODAY MEETINGS WITH FRENCH PRESIDENT JACQUES CHIRAC, DURING WHICH HE URGED THE INT'L COMMUNITY TO OFFER ASSISTANCE TO PALESTINIAN PEOPLE TO AVOID HUMAN TRAGEDY.
Petra

World must not give up on Iraq -- Jordan's Abdullah

PARIS, March 20 (Reuters) - Jordan's King Abdullah said on Monday that forming a unity government in Baghdad was crucial to stemming violence there, and urged the international community not to give up hope where Iraq was concerned.
Speaking in Paris on the third anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, Abdullah also said he did not believe the country was in a state of civil war. Reuters

Last edited:
More pictures from Gettyimages

Last edited:
Pictures from Abaca Press

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom