Queen Rania's visit to the US: September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
another event to be attended by QRania... here the Link
On Thursday, September 24, Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, and President of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas, and the Deputy Secretary General Asha-Rose Migiro, will unveil a banner commemorating the sixtieth anniversary of the UNRWA, which adorn the façade of the General Assembly, and with the same slogan: "Peace Starts Here".

This is just to keep track of dates of what the schedule is, what and where Queen Rania will be visiting.

Dates of events

Spet 24 - Clinton Global Initiative

Sept 24 - Unveiling a banner commemorating the sixtieth anniversary of
the UNRWA at the at United Nations Headquarters in New York.

Last edited:
Spet 22 - Clinton Global Initiative
I think she will be there at sept 24:

What: Plenary Session: Creating Good Jobs and Strong Communities
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 PM

Participants:
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, Queen of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

News and Multimedia: Press Releases | Clinton Global Initiative

QR is in New York now:

Arrived in NYC for work. As always, excitement and trepidation. Will I be able to champion the causes & people I represent well enough?

Visited East Harlem Leadership School. The wonderful girls promised 2 help UNGEI & 1Goal get girls shut out of school gates in classrooms.

(from her Twitter site)

more --> http://twitter.com/queenrania

Her Majesty Queen Rania and Ann M. Veneman, UNICEF Executive Director visit Girls' School in East Harlem

more --> http://www.unicef.org/media/media_51182.html

Jordan's Queen Rania Visits Harlem Girls School

more (with picture) --> http://www.life.com/image/91001568

and more pictures from Getty --> http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=90981494&EditorialProduct=News

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Rania with Carla Bruni-Sarkozy who made her first U.S.
appearance as Global Ambassador for the Protection of Mothers
and Children against AIDS for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS,
Tuberculosis and Malari, at the home of Tom and Kathy Freston
on September 21, 2009 in New York City.

---> Pic

Nice to see Carla out for her debut in this role. I just love her dress - very elegant and fashionable but it says business :flowers: Wonder if we will see more of these two together over the coming days.

Image 5 of 10 from the last link is one of the nicest pictures of Queen Rania have seen for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tight security and bomb-sniffing dogs before Queen Rania of Jordan comes to Sprague Hall.
The Queen of Jordan and all her security have left the hall

The lobby is a zoo: many, many people wanting tickets to hear Queen Rania
Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan will join Pres. Levin for a conversation in Sprague (here!) at 2:30 pm next Tues. Open to Yale community.
Tickets to hear Queen Rania speak are all sold out. Wait list is full. We're sorry, everyone. But really, truly, there are no more tickets.

The tickets were sold in hours!!!

twitter

has her interview with diane sawyer aired yet? i looked on youtube i can't find it

'Superfriends' Rania and Carla catch up on the international charity circuit

It's always lovely to see someone you know socially at a professional do.

So Queen Rania of Jordan was probably glad to run into Carla Bruni-Sarkozy - one of the few people who has an understanding ... - HelloMagazine Article

Queen Rania talks about growing need to achieve peace in Middle East.

ImageShack -

It is admirable that the Queen is so involved, however I wonder with 4 young children
how she can always be on the go.

They're called nannies.

Thank you for the information.
I could not reconcile in my mind how a lady who is so involved in others' well being would leave her children with nannies.:ermm:

Queen Rania of Jordan leaves Harry Cipriani Restaurant
on Fifth Avenue September 23, 2009 in New York City

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Back
Top Bottom