Visit to Kuwait: November 23-25, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veram98

Courtier
City
at different places
Country
Germany
Humera said:
looks like KA and QR have a very busy week ahead of them:

1. Turkish PM and wife will visit Jordan for 3 days, starting Friday (November 24), on an invitation from the King and Queen.
2. Young Arab Leaders Forum will be held in Jordan, November 25-27
3. Queen Rania is expected to attend the Arab-European Environmental Conference in Kuwait which starts on November 27.
4. President Bush will visit Jordan, November 29
5. State visit to India, starting November 30.

plus another state visit starting today (to Kuwait)

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Nov/23/26000.htm

How can it be they have gone a three day visit to Kuwait when apparently the Turkish visit to Jordan starts tomorrow? Are they not going to be there to welcome their guests?

Probably the Turkish prime minister will be welcomed tomorrow by his Jordanian counterpart and will meet the royal couple only on Saturday.

I would have thought three-day visit means they are not back till Sunday

They will return on Saturday.

They are off to Kuwait already! Can't wait to see pics, who's going with them?

King, Queen in Kuwait today.... Check this out far bottom right.. Princess Salma come along with her parent King and Queen..

Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
Another picture of King Abduallah arriving to Kuwait

Picture

King, Emir of Kuwait Hold Talks

Kuwait, Nov. 23 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Thursday held talks with Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah on the bilateral relations and the latest developments in the region.

The two leaders stressed keenness to further develop and cement the bilateral cooperation relations, especially in the economic, investment and trade domains. Article

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6

Thanks for the photos. Their schedule is just ridiculous, talk about wracking up the frequent flyer miles!

Love the half-picture of Salma, she's so gorgeous, mashallah but always looks a little bored!. They took her to Bahrain with them as well a few months back.

Last edited:
I wonder if QR will go visit 7awalli? she lived there when she was in Kuwait.

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan listens to speakers at the launch of lnjaz Kuwait, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating young people about business, economics and entrepreneurship, 23 November 2006 in Kuwait City. Queen Rania is the Regional Ambassador for lnjaz in the Arab world. AFP PHOTO

Photo 1
Photo 2

Veram98 said:
plus another state visit starting today (to Kuwait)

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Nov/23/26000.htm

Is this a state visit or just an official working visit?
Queen Rania is supposed to attend a conference in Kuwait which starts on the 27th. I wonder if she'll still attend if she has to go back to Jordan on the 25th. Or am I getting my dates crossed?

I am happy that the Queen bring Salma with her , I like this little princess she is really cute .

Picture 1

Love this picture, very sweet.
Thanks for all the picture links.

Last edited:
Little_star said:
!

Love the half-picture of Salma, she's so gorgeous, mashallah but always looks a little bored!.

Yes she's cute,but I have the same impression,she always looks grumpy and bored.I think salma is a difficult kid,that's why Rania tends to take her a lot with her,I have also the impression that Hashem is the most easy and joyful of Rania and Abdalla's kids.

Need to turn "Injaz" program into mode of life - Jordan Queen Rania

KUWAIT, Nov 23 (KUNA) -- Visiting Jordanian Queen Rania affirmed on Thursday the need to turn the dream of "Injaz" from a program that addresses a group of students into an embedded social culture and a mode of life.

This came in a speech delivered here by Queen Rania and ambassador of the International Injaz Company in the Arab world during the launch of Injaz -- which means achievement -- Kuwait.

She expressed her joy for returning to Kuwait where she lived and studied to take part in turning the Injaz dream into a fact and hoped that the program would end up with a generation that shoulders responsibilities in all fields. KUNA

Last edited:
Humera said:
Is this a state visit or just an official working visit?
Queen Rania is supposed to attend a conference in Kuwait which starts on the 27th. I wonder if she'll still attend if she has to go back to Jordan on the 25th. Or am I getting my dates crossed?.

When I read first something about the upcoming visit to Kuwait several days ago (in a short notice) it was called a state visit. Meanwhile I have myself some doubts. Probably it’s just an extended official (working) visit.
I think Queen Rania has to return tomorrow to Jordan because she is expected to be host to the Turkish prime minister and his wife.
The Kuwait conference is scheduled to convene during November 27-29. On November 28th will be the opening of parliament in Jordan, on November 29th the Bush visit (probably with Laura). Maybe she will just show up for some hours on the 27th in Kuwait again.

That sounds exhausting, having to go back to Kuwait for the conference barely two days after she'll end her working visit to the country.
And I'd been expecting the opening of parliament to take place soon, but not this week. Its like they've squeezed a whole month's engagements into one week. Infact all of November has been quite busy for them. I hope they get a chance to recover after it's over.

Queen Rania Joins Kuwaiti Youth in Launching "Injaz"

Kuwait, Nov. 24 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah joined the Kuwaiti youth in launching the Injaz Program, which provided many of them with training and technical support. Petra

More pictures from the event from Kuna:
Jordanian papers praise Kuwaiti-Jordanian summit

AMMAN, Nov 24 (KUNA) -- Two Jordanian newspapers praised Friday the Kuwaiti-Jordanian summit held here Thursday, saying it was a sincere effort to serve Arab causes. KUNA

Last edited:
I think her dress is a bit too short imo, also while sitting it goes way above her knees which is not appropriate i think. anyways, she looks good also think her dress is cute

I noticed that too, it looks good on her though, but a bit tight and short:neutral:

amina1 said:
I noticed that too, it looks good on her though, but a bit tight and short:neutral:

yes, it looks tight too. Will there be/was a dinner?

Salomé said:
Yes she's cute,but I have the same impression,she always looks grumpy and bored.I think salma is a difficult kid,that's why Rania tends to take her a lot with her,I have also the impression that Hashem is the most easy and joyful of Rania and Abdalla's kids.
I've never seen/read/heard anything to sggest Salma is a difficult child, she's often happy and smiling. I just think she's a bit bored on a trip where she's surrounded by adults without her siblings to keep her company.

I love Rania's dress at the Injaz event, she looks lovely and incredubly pleased to be there.
Moreover the skirt doesn't seem short, all the Jordanian princesses wear knee length skirts.

If they were there for three days, why are there only publicized events and photos for their first day? What did they do on the second day, did they have a private day off?

Back
Top Bottom