Visit to Edinburgh, Scotland: August 18, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marthaa - Pss Iman's skirt is what the fashion is here but not over the top. I think she looks like a well-brought up 13 year old, who has dressed appropriately. Although the King and Queen are formally dressed, as befits their official position at the Tattoo, most people go well wrapped up, as the event takes place on the Castle Esplanade - which is on a windy hill! It is a really wonderful even to go to, so I am not surprised that they all look as if they are having a good time. :)

Last edited:
I think Rania looks amazing in the pictures from the Tattoo. Lovely dress and looks awesome on her. Also wonderful to see them bringing Iman along w/them. It seems that now she's 13, we're seeing more Iman going along w/her Parents to Official Functions. I'm wondering if this is the start of her Training as a Princess of Jordan and they're easing her into things.

If so, it's IMO a wonderful way to go about it.

I'd love to attend a Military Tattoo one of these days. I've been told the one in Toronto is pretty spectactular.

No, QR doesn't look old, she looks as always, her face is beautiful and fresh as ever in my opinion, not at all like being 40 years old though today 40 years don't mean that you are aging any more. The thing that have changed for me is that she doesn't make stunning appearances the last months, I have observed that she wears the simplest dress she could find, maybe because it is Ramadan, maybe because she gets 40 and wants to have low profile appearances, maybe of the global crisis she chooses simple dresses, I really don't know. I believe that she feels real good getting 40 (If I judge fron the recent photos) and she has begin not to care so much for the external appearance but maybe she has interest now for more spiritual things. Of course it is Ramadan and probably she feels like having more spirituality in her life than doing stunning appearances, that's the feel I have. She always remains a so positive energy person. Just a photo of her is enough to make me feel positive and optimist.:flowers:

@ Tiggersk8: they began her "training" so to speak very early, as she attended a state visit to Japan with her mother in 2006, but she is definitely popping up at more events more recently, with her state visit to Rome last October and she accompanied her parents to the Swedish Royals wedding as well.

@ Godiva: Good point about the simplicity of the dress and Ramadan, she doesn't seem to want to look to ostentatious and she's doing well. P Iman's dress is also somewhat muted with no flashy colors or extravagance.

She also commented on Oprah that she's very comfortable with turning 40 and is looking forward to it. I think she looks fantastic. There have definitely been pictures where she looks tired and I think she looks as though she's aged, but not in these photos.

@ Tiggersk8: they began her "training" so to speak very early, as she attended a state visit to Japan with her mother in 2006, but she is definitely popping up at more events more recently, with her state visit to Rome last October and she accompanied her parents to the Swedish Royals wedding as well.

For the most part, my time here at TRF the last few months (joined a few years ago, but w/my other interests and passions...Well...Anyway, very glad to be back now), has shown me more of the Jordanian Royal Family than I've seen in years. :) I didn't know the Princess had gone along w/her Parents to Japan in 2006. That was young, but I guess it was to see if the timing was right for Iman to start to handle a more public role/expsoure as a Princess of Jordan.

Thanks for the information. :flowers:

SHE is a glamorous queen consort on a fleeting visit to Edinburgh to be a distinguished guest at the Royal Military Tattoo.

But yesterday, Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan took time out of her busy schedule to pay a surprise visit to a Scottish teacher she remembers very fondly and pass judgment on Scotland's "other national drink"......

Queen Rania told The Scotsman that the 51-year-old Mr Dickson, who has taught at Heriot's since 1991, had been an inspiration to her.
"All of us have memories of a teacher who had a profound impact on our lives and who stays with you," she said. "Someone who has given you something, or given you confidence and brought out the best in you. For me, it's this Scotsman."
Jordan's Queen ? and model pupil ? meets her favourite teacher and finds Irn-Bru sweet too - Scotsman.com News

Photo:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty 2/getEdFrontImageaspx.jpg

I was just going to post this!
How wonderful that she got to meet her favourite teacher, he taught her English in Kuwait. I wonder how she tracked him down. Or maybe he was the one who contacted her. Either way I'm sure neither of would've imagined meeting again like this.

QR has posted on Twitter about the meeting:

"Mr Dickson was just as I remember: passionate about what he does, enthusiastic, & full of life. I feel so indebted to him."

"All of us have fond memories of a favourite teacher.Mine happens to be Scottish.So excited to be seeing him soon!"
But yesterday, Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan took time out of her busy schedule to pay a surprise visit to a Scottish teacher she remembers very fondly and pass judgment on Scotland's "other national drink"......

Photo:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty 2/getEdFrontImageaspx.jpg

I was just going to post this!
How wonderful that she got to meet her favourite teacher, he taught her English in Kuwait. I wonder how she tracked him down. Or maybe he was the one who contacted her. Either way I'm sure neither of would've imagined meeting again like this.
Great minds think alike!

Everyone has a teacher who impacted their lives in a positive way and I think it's fantastic that Rania has managed to track hers down!.

Thanks Little Star. Its interesting to read what her teacher says about her.
But he is only 11 years older than her :blink:?

It's not too unusual, my favorite high school teacher was only 8 yrs older than me...another was only 6 (fresh out of college)

IMO you are right, it looks a lot like the British Royal Artillery Mess Dress
For me the queen looks beautiful in these pics - but like a woman in her late 30s, not a young girl.

I believe that HM King Abdullah is wearing the Jordanian Armed Forces' official mess uniform (in one picture another officer accompanying HM is wearing the same uniform). Considering the links between the Arab Army and the British Army it is not surprising that the mess uniform would look similar!

thanks for these pictures!
i'm glad they found some time to visit the beautiful city of edinburgh and scotland. and how lovely is it that rania met there with her school teacher? it must be so emotional.

Back
Top Bottom