State visit to India: November 30 - December 2, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'I want to make a difference to the world'
Queen Rania of Jordan on falling in love with India, handling the responsibilities of a Queen and being a style icon.
(from The Times of India) Article

Last edited:
Humera said:
King and Queen's activities during the day (Petra): I loved the hair, quite different from what we've seen from Rania recently.
http://s2.supload.com/gal/0612015040/0/
Dinner Banquet (Petra):
another blue dress, very simply and elegant.

it was about time she chnages her style. Its not a favourite look but its better than usuall. also th eblue dress is elegent but looks like a school uniform. I think too much navy blue going on the dress and the hair band though it looks cute

I wonder what colour is her hair, it looks diff everytime, sometimes brown heighlights,or the bottom part is brown and brown up:wacko: Does anyone know more

Little_star said:
I don't see why Rania would look ridiculous in a sari, she certainly, has the height, figure and elegance to carry one off.

Who cares or talked about elegance or figure,I didn't say SHE but IT would be ridiculous ,because I don't see why the Queen of Jordan would wear the national costume/dress of India in a state visit,it will look like a disguise.I would say bravo though,if she wears the Jordanian one,she never did on one of her overseas trips.

I wonder what colour is her hair, it looks diff everytime, sometimes brown heighlights,or the bottom part is brown and brown up:wacko: Does anyone know more

Her natural hair is dark brown/black,like most arabs and middleastern people,you can check her pictures when she was kid and teeneger.

Last edited:
Thanks.Ya I know that, but I meant her current colour, I'm sure she colours it.

on this trip she looked very good. both looked happy

From Jordantimes:

King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Saturday returned after a three-day state visit to India. Article

King highlights Jordan, India shared concerns. Article

Jordan king visits Indian Army regiment (IANS via Yahoo! India News)

New Delhi, Dec 2 (IANS) Jordan's King Abdullah II Al-Hussein Saturday visited the Skinner's Horse armoured regiment of the Indian Army to witness first hand its tanks in action and training activities. Article

amina1 said:

I believe she has light brown highlights on her natural colour, not red as it seems sometimes.

I must admit I'm not sure if I liked that blue dress she wore. She is certainly into blue at the moment and it does suit her but that dress is a little too plain and dull for her - it makes her look older than her years.

And a high scooped neckline really flatters no one - no matter how beautiful they are.

Her hair is lovely as always, she seems to like to experiment with colours quite a bit - it always looks quite different.

And I agree about Sonia Gandhi shrifia.

Here are the Polfoto pics again:
Gettyimages usually works if you just "refresh" the page but the polfoto links, it seems, work only briefly.

Pictures from Reuters via Yahoo and from the Indian PM's website:
A new picture from the state dinner. Its small but has a better view of Queen Rania's dress.

The President of India's speech at the banquet can be found here

Last edited:
The PPE pictures are wonderful, all are new except for one.
Thanks for the link.

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania during a meeting with the India Council of World Affairs - pictures

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania with Indian President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, during a dinner banquet hosted by the Indian President in honor of Their Majesties - pictures

Salomé said:
Who cares or talked about elegance or figure,I didn't say SHE but IT would be ridiculous ,because I don't see why the Queen of Jordan would wear the national costume/dress of India in a state visit,it will look like a disguise.I would say bravo though,if she wears the Jordanian one,she never did on one of her overseas trips.
Camilla wore shalwar kameez on her recent trip to Pakistan, she didn't look ridiculous. Moreover I've seen visits to Morocco in the past where people have worn caftans, I don't think it's ridiculous. It's a nice touch. It's a shame Rania didn't get the opportunity to wear one.

Thanks for alll the photos everybody! Rania looked great, I love the dark blue evening dress and the bun looked very chic.
Sonia Gandhi's sari was horrible though, she normally has ok taste but I'm surprised she went for such a garish and old-fashioned look.

Back
Top Bottom