State visit from Turkey: December 1-3, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great I hope we will see Queen Rania during official dinner.

Can't wait to see the visit!

Between, I couldn't find any Turkish article about the visit!

Looking forward to the photos, it will be great to see Emine and Rania together again.

Looking forward to the photos, it will be great to see Emine and Rania together again.

We'll not see Emine Erdoğan. She is the wife of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. We'll see Hayrünnisa Gül (wife of President Abdullah Gül).

Some newspapers say that the visit will be 1- 2 December.

Some newspapers say that the visit will be 1- 2 December.

According to the official website of Presidency of the Republic of Turkey, the visit will be December 1-3. Take a look here. (It's in Turkish.)

Thank´s turkish delight:flowers:

Today the President and his wife will be received by King and Queen at Royal Offices. Too King and Queen will host a dinner honoring their guests.

Turkish President Abdullah Gul met tuesday with Jordanian King Abdullah II as part of an official visit in capital Amman.
The two leaders later presided over the signing of an arrangement between Turkiye and Jordan to waive visa requirement for each other's citizens.
A separate arrangement was also signed to set up a partnership for the establish a free trade zone between the two countries.

photo
Anadolu Ajansý - ÜRDÜN ÝLE VÝZELER KARÞILIKLI KALKTI

photo page
http://foto.aa.com.tr/searchArchive.do;jsessionid=C4DB45BF731908066F0881ABDDB3CA24

King Abdullah and Queen Rania will host banquet in honor of President Abdullah Gul and his wife Hayrunnisa Gul.

Turkish President Abdullah Gul and Hayrunnisa Gul.
http://images.habervitrini.com/haber_resim/abdullah%20ful-hayrunnisa%20gul0033.jpg

Wonderful picx! I did not know that Turkey's president's wife wears a scarf!! I thought it was Ermine only who does, the prime minister's wife! Good for her :)

Jordan's Queen Rania (C) takes the Turkish President's wife Hayrunnisa Gul to visit the Children's Museum, in Amman, Jordan, on December 1, 2009, as the Turkish presidential couple is on a state visit to Jordan
McClatchy-Tribune | Visuals | Search

Wonderful picx! I did not know that Turkey's president's wife wears a scarf!! I thought it was Ermine only who does, the prime minister's wife! Good for her :)

Well, I have to say Turkey is very secular country and definitely not Islamic country!
Wearing headscarf is her personal choice, but of course I prefer a first lady who wears modern.
She represents a secular and democratic country!
Secularism is very very important for us so, please don't misunderstand!

Of course pics & article: (in Turkish)
http://cankaya.gov.tr/sayfa/haber/detay/?d=haber1064

while Turkey is a secular state, both the current president and the prime minister are members of the AKP, a conservative Islamic political party.

Wow! I just saw Hayrunnisa Gul for the first time and she looks amazing. She has such gorgeous features and very well dressed. Mrs Gul is wearing "Hijab" (btw, is it called by any other name?) and several of my friends do so as well. It is indeed a personal choice and I really respect them for that.

Thanks for the pics everyone.

Well, I have to say Turkey is very secular country and definitely not Islamic country! Wearing headscarf is her personal choice.
She represents a secular and democratic country!
Secularism is very very important for us so, please don't misunderstand!

Of course pics & article: (in Turkish)
T.C. CUMHURBAŞKANLIĞI

Not sure what i mis understood :)
I'm very aware of Turkey Secularism, I studied a lot about it. I meant that I did not know his wife wears a scarf as Ermine & it's good for her that she does so, doesn't have to do anything with Turkey..Personal choice you said it :)

So is it only on day 1 Queen Rania had an event with the first lady?
What happened on day 2 of the visit? Seemed very calm day.

The Turkish President and his wife visited the Turkish cemetery (for Turkish soldiers who died during World War I)

Jordan Times

and the President inaugurated (together with Jordan‘s Prime minister) the construction of the al-Disi Water Project

Jordan Times

love rania's dress, but i wish the color had been a little more interesting.

since this is a state visit, i'm surprised there's been no formal dinner. or just no pictures?

Dissapointing that this was a state visit and the royals were not seen enough except at 1 or 2 events. I wouldve have expected a royal accompanying the President & his wife to Petra and a royal at the departure of the president.
I think this was an official or working visit but not a state visit in any sense IMO.

Thank you for all the pictures and articles.

while Turkey is a secular state, both the current president and the prime minister are members of the AKP, a conservative Islamic political party.

While chosing the government, we Turks don't ignore if it's center-left or center-right. We vote for the best one. If you search the history of Turkish Republic, you can see both center-left and center-right governments.:)

For AKP, yes it's center-right but not very conservative. I believe that in the next election, they will not choose.

Wow! I just saw Hayrunnisa Gul for the first time and she looks amazing. She has such gorgeous features and very well dressed. Mrs Gul is wearing "Hijab" (btw, is it called by any other name?) and several of my friends do so as well. It is indeed a personal choice and I really respect them for that.

Thanks for the pics everyone.

In Turkish, we call ''başörtüsü''.;)
The Turkish letters ''ş'' is pronouncued ''sh''; ''ö'' is pronouncued ''oe'' and ''ü'' is pronouncued ''ue'' in English.

It's personal choice yes but, I prefer a first lady who wears modern.

Article & pics:
http://cankaya.gov.tr/sayfa/haber/detay/?d=haber1070

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom