Rania's relationship with other royals?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
little star talking from her experience and I want to do the same

I did graduate from kuwait university and I did find a job I didn't like it so after year I did leave it to have another degree from the arab open university my father paying prices of my study without asking him because I have my own money , and my sister is studing in saudi arabia in juad and she don't wear nigab but I do and I don't think nigab or hejab cover my brain it is just clothe

any way little star always say the same and the funny thing I live here in kuwait and I don't know what she is talking about !!!
if I don't have a problem I wonder why she is have if she don't live here !!!
I swear today I was in saudi arabia and I did spend very good day in shopping it is very nice to be in saudi arabia .

I just want to give little star advice if you don't like saudi arabia or kuwait or any country in ME just don't bother your self by going there .

I know all what I said was off topic but really it is not nice to read what little star did write about the women from my country , I didn't like it , and I think litter star don't have any respect to any one not share with her what she like and believe !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Interesting -- I think little star is entitled to her own opinion -- just like everyone else in here.

It seems that when some people make sweeping generalizations, even if they don't know someone, it's perfectly ok (I am referring directly to people talking mean things about Queen Rania). It would be referred to by some as 'mere suggestions' that are misinterpreted...

Now it seems that little star made some comments and some people want to jump up and down, instead of being patient and then perhaps asking for clarification if they do not understand something.

The double standard is amazing, in my opinion!

so Lillia befor I or any one jump up and down can you try to give me some clarification
who you point your finger at ?

This thread has gone off topic. If we can't get back to discussing Rania's relationship with the other royal families, then I will consider the discussion finished and close the thread.

Are there any pictures of Rania with other royals, other than state or official visit pictures?

there are pics of rania with some royalty at prince Feisal's b-day party. but that is all i can think of...

I think she has not made her mark yet w/ other royals like QN has been able to do. I wonder how QN was able to. It seems back then there were alot more state visits b/t Jordan and other countries.

I agree. I can remember seeing a lot of pictures with QN and KH with Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus and also with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. Could this be due to the age difference? Reina is (the last time I checked) the youngest reigning queen. Maybe it's difficult for her to make close connections with people who aren't in her generation. Really, it's only been the last 5 years that Maxima, Mathilde, Mary, Letitia, Mette-Marit, who are in her age group, have arrived. I'm sure that once they all get settled with their new roles as princess and mothers, they'll be able to start making stronger connections.

Reina said:
I think she has not made her mark yet w/ other royals like QN has been able to do. I wonder how QN was able to. It seems back then there were alot more state visits b/t Jordan and other countries.

thats exactly what i said before;)
Rania really hasnt been around many royal women of her own age. As a Queen, she has had to socialize with other Queens who are much older than her. If we recall all the pictures of the various state visits she and Abdullah went on soon after becoming King and Queen, Rania is always pictured with older royals. It is only within the last couple of years that all the crown princesses have entered the picture.
And I think the same is true for Middle eastern royals, the wives of the various Arab monarchs are much older than her. Only Asma Assad is in Rania's age group and she isnt a royal. As for Lalla Salma, I doubt she has even met Rania more than two or three times. It is odd though because its not like the Moroccan princesses dont socialize with other royals. The Bulgarian royals and princesses are always seen at official events in Morocco and both royal families attend each others' weddings, parties etc.
So I guess all royals have their own small set of particular friends within the various royal families. They rarely socialize with each other as one huge group of people.

Firstly, seeing as the moderators have asked that we return to the original topic I'm not going to launch inot a long-winded post. However i would like to answer some of the criticisms Houri made about my character.

"I know all what I said was off topic but really it is not nice to read what little star did write about the women from my country , I didn't like it , and I think litter star don't have any respect to any one not share with her what she like and believe !!!!!!!!!"

Firstly I didn't mention Kuwait, another poster did, I merely responded with infromation that I have read from many articles and reports. Nowehere did I state that Kuwaiti women are illiterate or stupid or anything similar, in fact I made claims quite the opposite. I pointed out that for many there are few job opportunities, something that can easily be verified by statistics. If you were offended I apologise but that was not my intention and I strongly believe you misunderstood what I was saying.

Secondly, you don't know me personally, and I might add have never made any attempt to do so. For the life of me I cannot understand how you seem to have gleaned so much from my posts about myself. Moreover I've noticed that you seem to take remarks and remove them from their context and then start criticising a person for those remarks. Again apologies if you're offended but that's just an observation. To then claim I have no respect for others when you know NOTHING about me is completely ludicrous.

Apologies to the moderators for going off topic again.

Last edited:
Hi Reina! QN as you know has been queen for over 21 years. That is more than sufficient time to build timeless and dependable relations with other Royal Families. QR has held her title a little over six years. Such time is insufficient.

It seems that the individuals in other Royal House with who QR meets, were relations of her choosing.

There are many a Royal Families of which I could mention that other Arab Royals have founded relations with but not she.

You are right, more state visits were held in Jordan. Jordan in those days hadn't the power struggles that are prevelant in today's Jordan. The reasons for this are subject to debate.

Moreover, the Royal relations that she has at present seem only to be within, the scope of her initiatives. I by no means criticise QR I only highlight a few facts. Finally, there is a divergance between the respective ethos of both QN and QR duties. One can only suggest that the aforementioned relations reflect this.:)

Reina said:

Last edited:
It seems to me as if KA has visited a number of ME countries, and QR has accompanied him on some visits. As the leadership is predominantly male, is it possible she is not always invited along on these visits and is merely being respectful of this?:confused:

maryshawn said:
It seems to me as if KA has visited a number of ME countries, and QR has accompanied him on some visits. As the leadership is predominantly male, is it possible she is not always invited along on these visits and is merely being respectful of this?:confused:

Oh, come on!:)
She is like the biggest "voice" for women in Middle East. Some one even said, she is not invited BECAUSE she is too outspoken about her opinions. I don't think she a kind of woman who will back down. I just think she has other priorites like shopping in Paris?:confused:

maryshawn said:

I dont think thats the case. I think QR goes along when she can, even to countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran. She has been on solo visits and/or accompanied KA to these countries. Infact I dont think I can think of any country in the region she hasnt been to, that includes places like Palestine and Israel.
Its just not possible for her to accompany KA every single time. She still has to keep up with her solo duties.

I should also add that some of these trips KA makes are brief visits devoted exclusively to discussions about politics, the peace process etc. Like the recent visit to Egypt.
Clearly QR's presence isnt necessary at such events, she is after all, the King's consort, not the monarch herself.

Exactly my thought. In addition to her own work, there are some trips where discussions are held which don't necessarily require Queen Rania's presence. It just makes sense she would not accompany KA everytime he goes on these trips. Additionally, they can accomplish more by splitting up duties and sometimes going places separately. I would not expect KA to accompany QR everytime she attends an event; in fact, she had to leave their 10th wedding anniversary party a bit early so as to keep a commitment for a cause she represents in Spain. He stayed behind as it was her pervue, not necessarily his. With such a young family, I also think it's nice to have one parent at home, when possible. But, ultimately, to accomplish all the political and humanitarian work which requires attention, the King and Queen simply cannot travel everywhere together.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I should also add that some of these trips KA makes are brief visits devoted exclusively to discussions about politics, the peace process etc. Like the recent visit to Egypt.
Clearly QR's presence isnt necessary at such events, she is after all, the King's consort, not the monarch herself.

maryshawn said:
in fact, she had to leave their 10th wedding anniversary party a bit early so as to keep a commitment for a cause she represents in Spain. He stayed behind as it was her pervue, not necessarily his.

I didnt know about that. Was this the exhibition by Muslim female artists Rania attended in Spain with Queen Sofia?
I think the upcoming Dutch state visit will be a good opportunity of seeing Rania with royals she hasnt been around as much before, more specifically the younger Dutch royals like Princess Maxima.

I believe it was. She had made the commitment to be there with Queen Sofia and ended up taking an overnight flight to be there in the morning for the opening of the exhibition. The Dutch visit will be interesting to watch--particularly, as you mentioned, to see Queen Rania with some royals she hasn't interacted with very often. I suspect they've met in passing at various events but nothing substantive in terms of time together.

This may be a silly question but if royals are invited to visit a country, is it usual and customary and expected they will then invite that family to visit them at some later date? QEII was so close to KH that she shrugged off her advisors telling her not to go to Jordan because of security concerns and enjoyed his hospitality for three days--and said she had a wonderful time seeing the sights like Petra as well as the horses of the Royal Stable run by Princess Alia. It was a fun visit to watch.:)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I didnt know about that. Was this the exhibition by Muslim female artists Rania attended in Spain with Queen Sofia?
I think the upcoming Dutch state visit will be a good opportunity of seeing Rania with royals she hasnt been around as much before, more specifically the younger Dutch royals like Princess Maxima.

thats a wonderful story about Queen Elizabeth maryshawn.
I dont know if retun invitations are necessarily customary but its certainly the polite thing to do. While we've had various royals visit Jordan for weddings and other events there hasnt been a state visit since KA's enthronement. Im having a hard time always attributing that to the political instability in the ME. If there have been solo royal visits to Jordan and visits by heads of state, why not a royal state visit?

State Visit from Italy

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thats a wonderful story about Queen Elizabeth maryshawn.
I dont know if retun invitations are necessarily customary but its certainly the polite thing to do. While we've had various royals visit Jordan for weddings and other events there hasnt been a state visit since KA's enthronement. Im having a hard time always attributing that to the political instability in the ME. If there have been solo royal visits to Jordan and visits by heads of state, why not a royal state visit?

There has been at least one State Visit to Jordan:

http://www.jordanembassyus.org/02152001001.htm

King, Ciampi review prospects for resumption of peace talks

By Francesca Sawalha

AMMAN — Italy's President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi started on Wednesday a landmark three-day state visit crowning a recent climax in bilateral ties and expected to help raise Europe's profile in the stalled Mideast peace process.

thank you barbara.
I should've mentioned I meant royal state visits. There haven't been any of those since KA's enthronement if Im correct, though there have been visits to Jordan by many royals since then. Im not sure if the visit by King Muhammad of Morocco was a state visit.

You raise an interesting question, Humera. I would love to see more state visits from other royal families in Jordan--and, if it's deemed safe enough for Laura Bush to visit, well, the U.S. is so concerned about the safety of the President and his family, I should think it would be safe for other royal families to visit. Jordan also is hyper-vigilant when visiting dignitaries are in the area. During the QEII visit, KH had the best of the best of his security forces monitoring everything. Although QEII did give them a bit of an uneasy moment when she broke off from the planned route and schedule to get out of her car and go shake hands with some school children who were outside their school waving flags and cheering. I wish I still had the photos but the Queen had a huge smile on her face--as did the children! The faces of the guards looked a bit more wary......Suffice to say, QE made the kids' day! That was such a marvelous visit.

maryshawn you must've been following the UK visit at the time. This was way back in 1984 wasnt it? I dont think I knew QE had such a playful, impulsive side.
And your point about Laura Bush is what I meant too. There have been many visits to Jordan by Condoleeza Rice, Clinton, Colin Powel, Tony Blair, and other statesmen. The WEF summit has been held in Jordan every summer for the past few years. Clearly, if a royal state visit were to happen, security shouldnt be a big concern.
And not counting the recent royal weddings in the JRF, there have been visits by Prince Charles, CP Victoria of Sweden, the Crown Prince and Princess of Belgium.
There must be some other reason then. Who knows, maybe we will see a royal state visit to Jordan in the near future.

I did follow it and later read more about it by the man in charge of the royal household in Jordan at the time. He said QE was so relaxed and friendly and clearly was enjoying herself. He even got a summons late one night when KH/QN and the Queen and Prince Philip decided to watch a movie and wanted some popcorn. They held picnics, went on KH's boat, saw the Jerash ruins and the horses of the King, where QE was presented with a horse and a gorgeous saddle. But, ultimately, the point is the Jordanian government takes great precautions when it comes to the safety of visiting dignitaries (or visitors, in general) so, yes, I believe it is safe and I hope to see a visit in the near future. There's been a lot going on in recent years in the ME so perhaps visits weren't high on anyone's agenda. Things have calmed down a lot, I believe, and it would be nice to have a visit--selfishly, I would enjoy photos of KA/QR and other members of the JRF showing visitors the sights of their country and meeting the people. It's such a beautiful, richly historic, welcoming land!
~*~Humera~*~ said:
maryshawn you must've been following the UK visit at the time. This was way back in 1984 wasnt it? I dont think I knew QE had such a playful, impulsive side.
And your point about Laura Bush is what I meant too. There have been many visits to Jordan by Condoleeza Rice, Clinton, Colin Powel, Tony Blair, and other statesmen. The WEF summit has been held in Jordan every summer for the past few years. Clearly, if a royal state visit were to happen, security shouldnt be a big concern.
And not counting the recent royal weddings in the JRF, there have been visits by Prince Charles, CP Victoria of Sweden, the Crown Prince and Princess of Belgium.
There must be some other reason then. Who knows, maybe we will see a royal state visit to Jordan in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom