Queen Rania's working visit to the UK, Belgium and Norway: January 8 - 14, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
This hasn't even graced the UK newspapers, and Rania usually gets noticed. I'm surprised.

I wonder why queen Rania visited 10 Downing street alone. Where is King Abdullah II??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5yCWA249EU

Queen Rania, British Premier discuss addressing Syrian refugee crisis in Jordan

Jan. 8 (Petra) – Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah met with the United Kingdom’s Prime Minister David Cameron in London on Friday and discussed ways to help Jordan address the challenges created by hosting 1.4 million Syrian refugees.
Her Majesty’s trip to London is the first stop in a working trip to several European countries, where she will meet with high ranking European officials, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Her Majesty’s meetings will focus on supporting Jordan and prospects for long-term solutions to the challenges Jordan faces in light of the refugee crisis and regional turmoil.

Well It´s not usual but I´m not surprise that PM received her alone she has a high profile outside Jordan.

Well It´s not usual but I´m not surprise that PM received her alone she has a high profile outside Jordan.

Queen Rania was accompanied by Jordan`s minister of Planning and International Cooperation, Imad Fakoury, and the Jordanian ambassador to the UK, Mazen Al-Hmoud.
According to Petra the queen will tour other European countries where she will meet with prime ministers including German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Maybe the king & queen will come back to London next February for Syria Donor’s Conference which will take place in UK.

Last edited:
Maybe the king & queen will come back to London next February for Syria Donor’s Conference which will take place in UK.

I doubt the European PM change their opinion about refugees after talk with her, but good luck.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Ap/reuters

it's quit odd Petra announced King trip and it's QRania who show up!!
or there is any other events king will attend?

Queen Rania's working visit to the UK and Belgium:

Belgium's Prime Minister Charles Michel welcomed Queen Rania for a meeting at Val Duchesse castle in Brussels today, January 12. The meeting is part of a working visit to talk about the Syrian refugee crisis.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
King's visit to the UK was private, that's why there was no events.

Meeting H.M. Queen Rania of Jordan and Queen Mathilde at the Royal Palace of Brussels

Photo 1 Photo 2

previous.gif
More pics:

Place Royale ‏@RTLPlaceRoyale Working lunch for @QueenRania with Queen Mathilde at Belgian royal palace #Jordan #Belgium @MonarchieBe #Brussels https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYhYq9kWQAACyaP.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYhYrwWWAAAFySo.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYhYsk7WsAA3p3x.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYhYtojWcAAJeM0.jpg

Last edited:

I disagree with you salma. According to the Jordanian government the number of Syrian refugees in Jordan exceeded one-third of the population. Those refugees are suffering very difficult conditions & as you know Jordan has very limited resources. They need help to cope up with this crisis.
Queen Rania`s tour came to support King Abdullah II and the Jordanian government efforts seeking the international community`s financial support.

Last edited:
Queen Rania meets Queen of Belgium
Amman, Jan. 12 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, on Tuesday, met with Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium and other officials in Brussels, to discuss mobilizing international support for Jordan’s education system. Queen Rania also met with Belgium’s Prime Minister, Mr. Charles Michel, as well as the President of the European Commission, Mr. Jean-Claude Junker, to discuss ways to address the increasing strain on Jordan’s education sector as a result of the Syrian refugee crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpYkOQeWAO4

I disagree with you salma. According to the Jordanian government the number of Syrian refugees in Jordan exceeded one-third of the population. Those refugees are suffering very difficult conditions & as you know Jordan has very limited resources. They need help to cope up with this crisis.
Queen Rania`s tour came to support King Abdullah II and the Jordanian government efforts seeking the international community`s financial support.

Presidents of Greece, Turkey and Italy which countries are suffering the Syrian migration also have tried that the EU changed. I doubt she can do anything for Syrians and neither any of these PM will change their opinion after a 20min meeting with the Jordan´s Queen. Also we remember her friendship with Assad´s wife. But anyway here is not the best place to discuss it.

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, left, greets Jordan's Queen Rania prior to a meeting at EU headquarters in Brussels on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2016.

Presidents of Greece, Turkey and Italy which countries are suffering the Syrian migration also have tried that the EU changed. I doubt she can do anything for Syrians and neither any of these PM will change their opinion after a 20min meeting with the Jordan´s Queen. Also we remember her friendship with Assad´s wife. But anyway here is not the best place to discuss it.
You are right but i think this relationship is a big rumor. It`s illogical IMO because Assad family & the Hashemites were never good friends, not even good neighbors for many reasons including that president Assad the father tried to assassinate King Husssein several times.
Aٍnyway, I think queen Rania/Jordan can do alot with financial support specially for refugees in camps like "Zaatari" who are in need to basic services.
With all my respect to European countries you cannot compare them to Jordan the neighbor country to Syria that has very limited resources and shares long borders with it. As you know the Syrian government had lost the control over these borders long time ago due to the civil war. This situation caused Jordan alot of problems not to mention his other neighbors Palestine and Iraq crises.
I think Jordanian officials including King Abdullah II & queen Rania are aiming to explain the situation in Syria through those visits in order to gain more financial support that will help them cope up with this issue. They are also preparing for London conference to be held next month as Petra news agency reported.

Let us move on, the next destination of Queen Rania will be Germany, where she is expected to meet with Chancellor Merkel.

Last edited:
January 14, Queen Rania will visit Oslo, Norway. She will meet and have lunch with The King, Queen and CP couple.

His Majesty The King grants Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan audience. Her Majesty The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (12:30).
14. jan. 2016 Official luncheon
Their Majesties The King and Queen host a luncheon in honour of Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (12:45).

King's visit to the UK was private, that's why there was no events.
that make sense now; i think from the beginning we should had separate king and queen visits although i still find it odd Mr Cameron met Queen Rania alone without the king especially king was in UK that moment even if for private visit;if we take in consideration those trips of the King and Queen have the goal as petra mention to prepare the refugees conference and discuss the impact of the crisis on Jordan.

the photos from Queen Mathilde meeting are very lovely both Queen look regal.

that make sense now; i think from the beginning we should had separate king and queen visits although i still find it odd Mr Cameron met Queen Rania alone without the king especially king was in UK that moment even if for private visit;if we take in consideration those trips of the King and Queen have the goal as petra mention to prepare the refugees conference and discuss the impact of the crisis on Jordan.

the photos from Queen Mathilde meeting are very lovely both Queen look regal.

I think it's because Queen Rania is focusing on issues like education and thats her focus and not the King's. I personally don't see the King attending such meetings.

Yesterday, Jan 13, 2016, UAE businessman Khalif Al Habtoor met with Queen Rania in Brussels at the Ritz Carlton hotel. Maybe they are staying at the same hotel and they meet as she was leaving or returning.

This is what he captioned his picture with
I was honoured to meet today Her Majesty @QueenRania Al Abdullah at the @ritzcarlton #Berlin... It was a good chance to meet Her Majesty, a great woman who deserves all the respect. Hopefully there will be another meeting with HM soon on her next visit to the #UAE. #KAH

Back
Top Bottom