Queen Rania's visit to New York: March 12-13, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
First annual Women in the World summit will take place at New York City’s Hudson Theatre March 12-14, 2010

three-day summit called Women in the World, a dizzying mix of party and politics that I'm exhausted just from reading about, but I will try to explain. There are international political and social issue discussions, with the likes of Madeleine Albright, Katie Couric, Cherie Blair, Barbara Walters, and Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan.
Source

In March, The Daily Beast's power-packed three-day summit, Women in the World, will showcase the stories of outstanding women leaders fighting sex trafficking, child marriage, and other challenges holding back women and girls. Featuring Meryl Streep, Her Majesty Queen Rania, and activists from across the globe, watch here for extensive coverage and opportunities to get involved.
Source

Saturday, March 13th

4:00 PM THE LIVES OF GIRLS

The Hudson Theatre

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in conversation with Katie Couric, Anchor and Managing Editor, CBS Evening News
Kakenya Ntaiya, Founder, The Kakenya Center for Excellence
Kathy Bushkin Calvin, CEO, United Nations Foundation
Helen Amdemikael, Assistant Representative for the United Nations Foundation Populations Fund, Ethiopia
Donnady, Girl's Right Advocate, Plan International
Davia Nelson & Nikki Silva, NPR’s The Kitchen Sisters
Performance by the Brooklyn Jazzy Jumpers and the Dynamic Diplomats of Double Dutch

Women in the World Agenda - The Daily Beast

Rania twittered about the trip & her son P.Hashem. Quite cute and sad as well.

On way 2 NY, already missing my little ones. Last thing my 5yr old said: “Mummy, why can’t u take us with u everywhere u go?”
Best offer I’ve had in ages. If only it was doable!

NEW YORK - MARCH 12: Queen Rania of Jordan attends the 'Women In The World: Stories and Solutions' global summit at Hudson Theatre on March 12, 2010 in New York City.
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images
Photo from Getty Images

Profimedia:
http://img38.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=profimedia0055662644.jpg
Great pics salma ... Is Queen Rania`s dress new ? it looks Like the dress she wore during her visit to Latin America.

No is new Reeda.

March 13

Queen Rania's speech and her wonderful conversation with Katie Couric can be seen here:
Part 11 "The Lives Of Girls" on Women in the World - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Queen Rania: Educating Girls a Life-or-Death Issue
"I really do think this is a do or die year and I don't mean that metaphorically—education really can mean life or death," Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan told NBC's Katie Couric this afternoon at the Women in the World summit. Queen Rania, a long-time advocate for girls' education, made an impassioned plea for a sense of urgency about educating the developing world's 600 million girls instead of condemning them to lives of poverty and disease. http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...summit/?cid=bs:archive1?cid=topic:mainpromo1#

I made a few screen caps:
Image Gallery

Last edited:
sound strange that Petra didn't cover Rania trip to NY ,she is going there as Queen of Jordan Right?!!

sound strange that Petra didn't cover Rania trip to NY ,she is going there as Queen of Jordan Right?!!

They have the story up now.
The reason why they are late which is quite normal is the time difference, by the time they get the pictures and type everything up it is after working hours. It is only normal for them to do the next day. They do that on many of the trips abroad.

NEW YORK - MARCH 13: Queen Rania Al Abdullah and Katie Couric attend day 2 of the 'Women In The World: Stories and Solutions' Summit at Hudson Theatre on March 13, 2010 in New York City
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

They have the story up now.
The reason why they are late which is quite normal is the time difference, by the time they get the pictures and type everything up it is after working hours. It is only normal for them to do the next day. They do that on many of the trips abroad.
I undestand now thanks,I was wondering because they didn't have any pic from her first engagment.

Rania's trips to the U.S. are never heavy with public engagements.

A blog piece on the Women in the World summit (it mentions Rania twice):
Where the Wild Things Weren't: Daily Beast's Women's Summit Avoids Controversial Realities | RHRealityCheck.org

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/03/jesus_thinks_madonna_is_his_wi.html
Jordan's Queen Rania al Abdullah's security team had no idea who Tony Blair's wife, Cherie, was, and prevented her from entering the green room (at the Women in the World event March 12).

I hardly doubt that. Queen Rania and Cherie Blair have met dozens of times, both officially and in private capacity. The Jordanian royals have some of the best security around and members of Rania's security have been with her for years.
Either the author misunderstood or is clearly blowing it out of proportion.
This is a gossip piece, not a news article.

Back
Top Bottom