Queen Rania's Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salma

Majesty , Royal Blogger , Picture of the Week
City
---
Country
Portugal
Anybody knows if Queen Rania have any brother or sister, and have any pic of them.

She has a sister a year older called Dina and a brother a year younger called Magdy .

I found this pic Rania with her mother in Paris

Attachments

• 2002_September__4.jpg
    2002_September__4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 10,233
Another one with her mother

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10,259
Queen Rania's Mum

Attachments

• Queen_Rania__s_mum.jpg
    Queen_Rania__s_mum.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 7,722
Queen Rania's Dad

Attachments

• Queen_Rania__s_Dad.jpg
    Queen_Rania__s_Dad.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 7,209
Thank you for these pictures syima. Can you (or anyone else) tell me more about Rania's parents, what they do and where they live? How often do they get to see Rania and their grandchildren?

her father in Faysal Yassin is a pediatra

Hi Salma!

Thank for this recent pictures of Queen Rania's mum. Do you have any pictures of Queen Rania's sister and brother?? I have tried search from internet but it is impossible to find it....

Cheer Salma ;)

Originally posted by Alexandria@Nov 8th, 2003 - 1:59 pm
Thank you for these pictures syima. Can you (or anyone else) tell me more about Rania's parents, what they do and where they live? How often do they get to see Rania and their grandchildren?
AFAIK< the father was (not sure if he still is) a doctor. The family is of Palestinian descent (originally from Tulkaram, IIRC) and lived in exile in Kuwait for years. :cry: Again, AFAIK, the parents still live there, although I could be wrong. I'm not sure as to how often they see their grandchildren etc.

S. ~

Queen Rania of Jordan and her mother leaving after the ceremony.

Her mother on the left side... what about back seat could she be Dina Rania's sister??

Attachments

• Rania_driving1.jpg
    Rania_driving1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 9,315
AFAIK< the father was (not sure if he still is) a doctor. The family is of Palestinian descent (originally from Tulkaram, IIRC) and lived in exile in Kuwait for years.  Again, AFAIK, the parents still live there, although I could be wrong. I'm not sure as to how often they see their grandchildren etc.

Queen Rania's father is/was a doctor (pediatrics I think but he's retired now). He's from Tulkarm, whereas Rania's Mom is from Nablus. Yes, they lived in Kuwait for a number of years until forced out in 1990/1991 due to the Kuwait war. In an interview Queen Rania said that they (her parents) always planned to retire in Jordan. That's where they live now I presume. I also think that they see their daughter and grandchildren frequently. Queen Rania seems to be very close to her mother. Ilham Yasin has accompanied her daughter on a number of engagements in Jordan, see pics of them at the opening of the first child abuse center in the Arab world in 2000, Syima just posted those here, and at the 4Walls art exhibition opening in 2001. Also they were pictured last year in Milan, a pic of them with Salma was posted here above too, and in Paris - pic of Rania in those black boots.

TC
Barbara

Photo of QR with her Mom at the 4Walls art exhibition opening, circa 2001:

Attachments

• 4Walls_Opening_pic_9.jpg
    4Walls_Opening_pic_9.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 5,441
Thank you barbara_41172 for all this information.

I often wonder about those who marry into royal families, it seems like the royal family becomes their only family and the family that raised them is a bit sidelined. But nice to know that in Rania's case, she is still very close to her parents and siblings and that her mother comes along with her on official duties. It would be nice to have such a support system, sort of like your own personal cheerleader!

Thank barbara_41172,

I read all of it, this is really interesting and thank for adding picture to here!

You're welcome Syima :)

I often wonder about those who marry into royal families, it seems like the royal family becomes their only family and the family that raised them is a bit sidelined. But nice to know that in Rania's case, she is still very close to her parents and siblings and that her mother comes along with her on official duties. It would be nice to have such a support system, sort of like your own personal cheerleader!

That's very true, Alexandra. I am sure Queen Rania does need the support on many occasions. It's lovely that her family is there for her, especially her Mom. It's a pity that we don't hear very much about Rania's family, though. I am sure that the Arab countries are more informed than we are in the west about them. Not that they don't have a right to their privacy, of course they do but it would be nice to know more.

TC
Barbara

We have somewhere a pic of the baby shower party when QR was pregnant with Salma, her sis who lives in Washington organized it, is Dina the sis who lives in Qatar, what's the name os the sis living in Washington DC ?

the guy siiting closer to the queen is her brother

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 12,353
Originally posted by malena@Nov 11th, 2003 - 9:27 am
the guy siiting closer to the queen is her brother
Hi there,

Thank for adding those pic here... I have seen this picture somewhere from this Les Tribunes Royales, Oh interesting... I didn't ever know that the guy sitting closer to Queen is her brother.....

Do you have any pic of Queen Rania's sister Dina?? I am very curious to see it... I have tried to find a pic of her sister over the net, but impossible to find them....

Siyma this´s the pic of Dina, Rania´s sister, in the baby shower party when Rania was preganant Salma.

Attachments

• raniasuha.jpg
    raniasuha.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 8,780
Originally posted by salma@Nov 13th, 2003 - 4:46 am
Siyma this´s the pic of Dina, Rania´s sister, in the baby shower party when Rania was preganant Salma.
Hi Salma,

Thank you very much for adding picture to here of Rania's sister Dina. I thinks she (Dina) looks like her sister Rania. Do you think so? I know the pic is far.

I want to ask you who is the older Rania or Dina?

Thank again for adding here Salma :flower:

Syima Dina is older year than Rania. :flower: :blush:

mother

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5,246
another picture of her mother

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 5,122
There is an arabic saying (proverb) that goes :

If you're not good to your family , you're not good to anyone !

It says alot about queen Rania that she has been generous to her family.... It says alot on her loyalty and values that she has.....

I admire people who make it in life and then give back and take care of their families !

It is a dream that i have and wish one day to achieve , I wish to give back to my family , they raised me and any success I achieve, I shall owe to them....

Its ridiculous when u see people who are well off , walking side by side to their mother who is dressed as if she were there maid ! I find these people as sufferers of an inferiority complex...... and just plain selfish !

Thumbs up to the queen if she has helped her family after all , her parents did send her to the most expensive university at the time in the arab world the AUC (american uni. Cairo) !

news

....News....
Queen Ranias sister is 38 .....she is working as a maneger for a school in amman ..her brother Majdi is 34 he has a computers company in amman...her dad is 71 years old .

thanx reeda , it is good to know that her family live in jordan , it give her chance to be close to them although she seems very busy .

attachment.php

I'm about 80% certain that's her mother at the far left of the picture with her father.

I also didn't see any picture for her brother , maybe because he lives a normal life as any citizen .

" I also didn't see any picture for her brother , maybe because he lives a normal life as any citizen ."

Maybe, her family in general seem quite low-key though, I've only ever seen a few photos of them.

Back
Top Bottom