Queen Rania in South Africa: March 26-28, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salma

Majesty , Royal Blogger , Picture of the Week
City
---
Country
Portugal
UNICEF's Eminent Advocate for Children
http://www.morungexpress.com/gallery/18204.html

Queen Rania of Jordan, UNICEF's Advocate for Children, visits the Phefeni Senior Secondary school in Soweto, South Africa, Thursday March 26, 2009. Queen Rania participated in a discussions with youngsters in the Girl

Queen Rania of Jordan, UNICEF's Advocate for Children, visits ... - Yahoo! News Photos
Queen Rania of Jordan, UNICEF's Advocate for Children, visits ... - Yahoo! News Photos

JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA - MARCH 26: (SOUTH AFRICA, UAE, BRAZIL OUT) Queen Rania Al Abdullah, Queen of Jordan, pays a surprise visit to the Kids Haven orphanage on March 26, 2009 in Benoni, Johannesburg, South Africa. Queen Rania�s visit to South Africa was initially scheduled with the intention of her attending the 2010 World Cup peace conference, which has been cancelled after the Dalai Lama was refused a visa by South Africa on 23 March 2009 in Pretoria, South Africa. (Photo by BEELD/Gallo Images/Getty)
ImageShack® - Gallery

Jordan's Queen Rania visits with children at the Phefeni School in Soweto, March 26,2009, where UNICEF and the South African Ministries of Education and Health support the "Girls and Boys Education Movement".daylife
ImageShack® - Gallery

Queen Rania of Jordan visits the 'Kids's Haven' shelter in Soweto, South Africa - 26 Mar 2009
Gallery IBL

A Promising Glimpse of Africa's Future Can Be Found in Its Children

by Queen Rania

Posted March 27, 2009
The Huffington Post

Ironic. The peace conference, that brought me to South Africa, has been postponed.
A gathering billed to bring people together... that symbolized the power of dialogue and intercultural understanding ... that was to be a medium for solutions to ongoing conflicts around the world has, instead, polarized opinions, fuelled frustration, and caused divisions

more here:
Queen Rania of Jordan: A Promising Glimpse of Africa's Future Can Be Found in Its Children

Jordan's Queen Rania claps together with a child during her visit to the Sandton Public Library in Johannesburg March 27, 2009.

Picture gallery
(daylife)

Sometimes, I guess she is trying to be the new Diana, Princess of Wales.

by Queen Rania

Posted March 27, 2009
The Huffington Post

Ironic. The peace conference, that brought me to South Africa, has been postponed.
A gathering billed to bring people together... that symbolized the power of dialogue and intercultural understanding ... that was to be a medium for solutions to ongoing conflicts around the world has, instead, polarized opinions, fuelled frustration, and caused divisions

more here:
Queen Rania of Jordan: A Promising Glimpse of Africa's Future Can Be Found in Its Children
Thanks Veram. I like to read her articles. Found it funny that she mentioned that she hears the new U2 album :rolleyes:.

As a South Arican (from Pretoria) I am bitterly disappointed with the fact that the Dalai Lama was not allowed to visit our beautiful country and that politics (or stupidity) again rule the day!! I trust that Queen Rania will enjoy her short visit and that some good will come of it. We need more women as head of states because men seems sometimes (or most of the time) to be very ignorant of what is really needed or important. Politicians, politics, what can I say!........

Asturiana try again I can see the video (have nice images Queen dancing). Thank´s for new pic I hope we can see any more pic.

I try it with Mozilla and now I can see the video. Queen Rania dancing looks cute.
I wonder why she was at the opening of World Cup Stadium?

Sometimes, I guess she is trying to be the new Diana, Princess of Wales.

There will never be another Diana. I have seen both these ladies in person and Rania just does not have the radiance or the brilliant charisma that lit up the room like Diana did. Diana was exceptional with people, Rania is good but Diana was a different league. BTW, I wasn't a huge fan of Diana so it isn't personal preference just observation. You KNEW when Diana entered the room and not by the fuss everyone made but because of Diana's unique sparkle, height and enormous personal charm.

I am glad Rania is there as the situation for many children in South Africa is very bad.

Thanks for the photos.

I'm glad that Rania continued her visit even though the conference was cancelled. It seems like she had a wonderful time in South Africa. This is her third visit, I think?

I thought this was her second visit to South Africa.

Thank´s Humera I remember this visit. Then this is her second visit no?

Yes I believe so, I don't recall any other visits prior to 2006.

I thought the family had taken a private visit to South Africa as a holiday? Or was that on the back of her official visit last time?

I thought the family had taken a private visit to South Africa as a holiday? Or was that on the back of her official visit last time?

No was official or working visit of QRania to South Africa in 2006 when Abdullah and Hussein traveled with her.

Ah ok, thanks salma! I knew you would have the answer! :)

Back
Top Bottom