Queen Rania for Arab Women's Organization

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't rate what QR is wearing either and the cheerleader hairdo's don't help. Asma Assad looks great, she reminds me of CP Mary of Denmark, not stunningly beautiful but natural and always classily and elegantly stylish without being overdone.

yes exactly Yamamah, Asma is simple, natural, classy and elegant.

Can someone tell me why Sheikha Mozah does not attend this conference? It would seem with her interest in education and betterment of relations with Arab and the West that she would be in attendance at this function. I wonder if she recieved an invite?

May be Becouse Qater is not a member .... !!!!!

Sheikha Mozah wasn't present at previous events for the AWO either.
By the way, if the May 2007 meeting in Abu Dhabi was the third, shouldn't this one be the fourth? Or is the caption correct?
The ladies also attend a dinner reception during this conference, we don't usually get those pictures which is unfortunate.

Sheikha Mozah wasn't present at previous events for the AWO either.
By the way, if the May 2007 meeting in Abu Dhabi was the third, shouldn't this one be the fourth? Or is the caption correct?
The ladies also attend a dinner reception during this conference, we don't usually get those pictures which is unfortunate.

Yes it is a shame as Sheika Mozah is quite a presence and a fiercely intelligent woman and to have come to prominence in a traditional Gulf State like Qatar is an achievement in itself.

Dinner was for 3-days. Rania only attended one dinner which Sheikha Fatima hosted at her palace.

Dinner was for 3-days. Rania only attended one dinner which Sheikha Fatima hosted at her palace.
i don't think she attended any of those gala dinner hosted by Sheikha,cause i didn't see her name among the guests who attend those gala dinner.

Yes it is a shame as Sheika Mozah is quite a presence and a fiercely intelligent woman and to have come to prominence in a traditional Gulf State like Qatar is an achievement in itself.
I admire Mozah and think she has achieved some wonderful things for Qatar but let's not fool ourselves and pretend she has fought her way to prominence. She's in the position she is in because it is politically expedient for Qatar to have a female "figurehead" for the West to look to.

I admire Mozah and think she has achieved some wonderful things for Qatar but let's not fool ourselves and pretend she has fought her way to prominence. She's in the position she is in because it is politically expedient for Qatar to have a female "figurehead" for the West to look to.

Exactly, but I rather suspect she has had a fight on her hands behind the scenes of the royal palaces in Qatar as I have a feeling there would have been dissent about a woman stepping out into the limelight from certain quarters. All of the Arab first ladies are there to play a politically expedient role, in fact every king's wife/prime minister's wife/president's wife fulfills the same role worldwide. Let's face it none of them 'earned' their position, they married it but I must admit, I do wonder what Sheika Mozah would get up to without the constraints. I think she would be a lioness.

i don't think she attended any of those gala dinner hosted by Sheikha,cause i didn't see her name among the guests who attend those gala dinner.

I read an article on wam a few days back that she attended the gala at the palace which was on the second day.

I read an article on wam a few days back that she attended the gala at the palace which was on the second day.
i am sur she didn't attend any,in all WAM article about the dinners that Sheikha host i didn't see her name on guest list neither in arabic or english articles so i guess she just attended the morning session than she fly to UK to join her husband for PCharles's birthday.

A couple of off-topic posts have been deleted.
Let's not forget that Sheikha Mozah has her own thread.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

I know it's an old article but I want to share::flowers:

UAE women make their mark in different walks of life : Queen Rania
Article

Back
Top Bottom