Official visit to Syria: September 15, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can we all get back on topic now.
If anyone has a problem missunderstanding a point or want to argue, please do it via Pm.

Thank you
Jordan Moderating Team

will the assads be invited for iftar in amman soon as a return courtesy?

will the assads be invited for iftar in amman soon as a return courtesy?

Maybe not for iftar since Ramadan is almost over, I would suppose they'll be invited to visit Amman on a official or even maybe a state visit in the coming months.

rania looks terrible.... the short skirt is not appropriate for ramadan. rania sometimes comes off as trying too hard. asma has a more relaxed look.

it has nothing to do with queen or presidents wife. they are not born royal. they were commoners before their marriages.

off topic..... but i think born royal should take precedence over marrying royal. wives can be changed. daughters, sister, brothers, sons can not.

rania looks terrible.... the short skirt is not appropriate for ramadan. rania sometimes comes off as trying too hard. asma has a more relaxed look.

it has nothing to do with queen or presidents wife. they are not born royal. they were commoners before their marriages.

off topic..... but i think born royal should take precedence over marrying royal. wives can be changed. daughters, sister, brothers, sons can not.
<my bolding>

I am not entirely sure what you mean by 'wives can be changed', would you care to elaborate?
And I strongly disagree with the question of precedence: commoners marrying into Royal Families tend to get the second-best treatment anyway. It would be completely humiliating if they weren't allowed to share their husbands' (or, as it is, wives') privileges or places in the precedence list.

As was pointed out, this was a relatively low-key and informal, albeit an official visit. The ladies’ outfits and general appearance reflected that.

i think a short skirt was highly in appropriate for a visit in ramadan. she could have worn pants or a beautiful arabic thobe/kaftan.

what i meant was, divorce can happen, or second wives can be taken (in referecnce to "wives can be changed" :)

i think that it is a shame that wives (for example rania) take precedence over born dedicated royals like princesses alia, zein, aisha, haya, basma, noor etc. they are treated second class when they are royalty.

internet chat cans come accross as harsh.... no harsh tone intended. smiles all around :)

No harsh meaning taken. :)

The skirt doesn’t look particularly short to me (although it is hardly very flattering either) but I understand your feelings about Ramadan.

I still do disagree with you over the question of precedence: Zein, Alia, Aisha and others are all hard-working and brilliant women, however Rania is the Queen, the wife of the King and the mother of the future King. And she’s no less hard-working than any of the aforementioned ladies.

i think that it is a shame that wives (for example rania) take precedence over born dedicated royals like princesses alia, zein, aisha, haya, basma, noor etc. they are treated second class when they are royalty.
Personally I find the idea that an accident of birth should automatically elevate a person's status to be the real shame.

rania works hard. very hard..... always has to be on her A game. cant have an of day.

but king/queen should be born. their partners should be prince or princess.

imagine this, being a princess (born) and having to curtsey, walk behind your sister in law (a commoner)...... any married woman can imagine the horror of having to do it .

Enough now please, lets all cool down and get back on topic before this thread gets closed.
We all accept opinions but if they are off topic please post in the right thread, please take the discussion to the
Marriage to Commoners thread

Thank you :)
Jordanian House Moderating Team

Maybe not for iftar since Ramadan is almost over, I would suppose they'll be invited to visit Amman on a official or even maybe a state visit in the coming months.
that can happen soon:)
i come across some articles mention that Bachar Alassad plans for a vast arabic tour right away after ramadan,maybe he'll start from Amman.

Honestly, I dont build big hopes on this visit, the Jordanian-Syrian relation is much more complicated, they refused to host the Jordanian prime minister just few days ago. There are critical issue still unsolved between the two parties like Yarmok river water, and final borders drawing. In addition, the big political gap between the two different camps regarding the peace process and the relation with the states. Things are not easy.

Honestly, I dont build big hopes on this visit, the Jordanian-Syrian relation is much more complicated, they refused to host the Jordanian prime minister just few days ago. There are critical issue still unsolved between the two parties like Yarmok river water, and final borders drawing. In addition, the big political gap between the two different camps regarding the peace process and the relation with the states. Things are not easy.
that's right,in fact and without going so far in politecal details the visit goal was moving on with the Jordan PM crisis with syria.so I am not seen Bachar visiting Jordan any soon the gap is too big between the two countries,I hope I am wrong and see Asma in Amman with Rania.

Back
Top Bottom