Official visit from Azerbaijan: October 12-13, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Abdullah II of Jordan (C-R) and his Azeri counterpart Ilham Aliyev (C-L) hold a meeting in the presence of their wives, Queen Rania (R) and Mehriban Aliyeva, at the royal palace in Amman on October 12, 2009. Aliyev arrived in Jordan on a two-day visit for talks with King Abdullah II on the Middle East peace process
Photo from Getty Images - News, photos, topics, and quotes
http://www.daylife.com/photo/00ckcjU3Or5DT?q=rania
http://www.daylife.com/photo/03dq3t78sBa9U?q=rania
http://www.daylife.com/photo/03dq3t78sBa9U?q=rania
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0d92cKe6uEfJD?q=rania

So far all look good, love Ranias hair and nice outfit, I hope there will be more pictures of Rania with the First Lady on a tour to a few place in Jordan, maybe a dinner tonight?
Thanks for the pictures

Two more pictures via ANP from the arrival here

Last edited:
you're right xavi,Mrs Aliyeva is a stunning woman,both Rania and Mehriban look great in this pics.

Well ... Mrs. Alieva looks great for her age. It is nice that King Abdullah invited President Aliev to visit Jordan.

Wow, Mehriban Aliyeva is a really beautiful woman, its hard to look that pretty next to the gorgeous Q Rania... Rania looks amazing to me as always!

Thank you for the photos! It's a shame it's such a short visit as it would have been nicer to see the 2 couples together for a longer period of time.

Personally I preferred Rania's outfit as it was a bit more demure than Mehriban's. Mehriban has a very glamorous look from what I have seen of her and reminds me of Joan Collins in the way she dresses sometimes. I was surprised to learn she is only 45 though, she looks at least 5-10 years older than that imho.

They look like sisters in face in these Petra photos. Mrs Aliyeva is older than QRania and this is obvious but she is trully stunning.

Mrs. Aliyeva looks stunning. She is one gorgeous grandmother!

she is grandmother? I didn't know that then she is one of the most beautiful grandmother in the world:)
BTW no gala dinner?

that shame and strangenthe Jordanian Palace always release a pucs for sush event,maybe they will do it later?

she is grandmother? I didn't know that then she is one of the most beautiful grandmother in the world:)
BTW no gala dinner?

Her older daughter, Leyla, had twin sons in December 2008.

that shame and strangenthe Jordanian Palace always release a pucs for sush event,maybe they will do it later?
I don´t believe it.

It's actually rare for the Royal Palace to release photos from the gala banquets held in Jordan. Those that they do release tend to be sit-downs held just before the event (Luxembourg grand duke's visit springs to mind) or a photo-op as the two couples prepare to walk into the banquet room (Spain's state visit a few years ago). I only remember one set of photos from an actual banquet and I think that was last fall, though I can't remember the exact details.

It's actually rare for the Royal Palace to release photos from the gala banquets held in Jordan. Those that they do release tend to be sit-downs held just before the event (Luxembourg grand duke's visit springs to mind) or a photo-op as the two couples prepare to walk into the banquet room (Spain's state visit a few years ago). I only remember one set of photos from an actual banquet and I think that was last fall, though I can't remember the exact details.
Rare? The JRF almost always issue some photos of the evening events. It may not release extensive photos like other royals but there is usually at least 1 or 2.

Mrs Aliyev wins hands down in the style stakes for me. She has worn a colour that is very flattering for her complexion and soft. The dress is simple but elegant. She looks gorgeous.

Better picture of Mehriban

Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom