King Abdullah's working visit to Brunei: August 10-13, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
It does not say if it is an official or working visit but K.Abdullah is expected to attend the 2009 International Defence Exhibition (BRIDEX)

'King to visit Brunei'

...His Majesty King Abdullah is scheduled to attend the 2009 International Defence Exhibition (BRIDEX), slated for Wednesday in Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Ambassador to Jordan Dato Paduka Haj Mohammad Daud said.
Held between August 12 and 15, BRIDEX, the premier defence and security event in Southeast Asia, will be held this year with the participation of the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of defence security equipment and systems from across the entire supply chain, the diplomat said... - Full Article

Does anyone know when CP Hussein would be considered eligible to be sworn in as a regent during his father's trips abroad? Would he need to be at least 18 or a little older?
Not before18 years old

According to the article this is a working visit, I wonder how long he will be in Brunei and if he will visit any nearby country.

Well, you're right Salma - his shirt is really unique - but I think that perhaps he had to put on something like that to meet the Sultan....It's hard to say...

Well, you're right Salma - his shirt is really unique - but I think that perhaps he had to put on something like that to meet the Sultan....It's hard to say...
Yes ... new style :)

Well Abdullah wore this shirts before but I don´t like it. No Monic Rania perhaps is now in Jordan. I hope she will have any event soon (sure next week during Ramadan) because this year she is having her longest holidays.

The blouse seems typically Bruneian.
May be,a gift from the sultan.
In the pics posted by Salma,there is no trace of Queen Rania or any other bruneian royal ladies:ermm:

That's what I meant to say! Do you know if Rania will be present during this visit? Or maybe she stayed in Jordan?
I think Queen Rania is still outside the country maybe in US with Iman, salma And hashem ... Hussein returned with his father.

Its unknown whether Queen Rania is in Amman or still on holiday. This is a working visit done by the King only. Queen Rania doesnt always accompany King Abdullah on his visits.

What is K.Abdullah wearing? Im pretty sure its a typical shirt from Brunei. Too much gold on it and quite printed. This seems to be an informal meeting.

I think Queen is in Jordan since last week. King wear the typical shirt, I remember he wore similar shirt in another visit.

looks like the king blouse is a gift from Brunei Sultan i think I san Brunei royals wearing similar,ugly or not nice he wore it during his meeting with the Sultan.

I'm hoping the shirt is a gift from the Brunei Sultan, otherwise there's no excuse for such an ugly shirt!

King of Jordan in Brunei to attend exhibition

King Abdullah II bin Al Hussein of the Heshamite Kingdom of Jordan arrived in Brunei on Tuesday... - Article

Dazzling I think is another event here you can see the Bridex event:
120809 BRIDEX O9

King of Jordan leaves Brunei

His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam yesterday bade farewell to His Majesty King Abdullah II ibni Al-Hussein, King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, who was in the country to attend the opening of the 2009 Brunei International Defence Exhibition (BRIDEX)... - Article & Pictures

Perhaps now he travel to Italy.

Maybe.

IMRIC he did something similar last year; he had an official visit before joining the Queen and children in the south of France.

Back
Top Bottom